The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Drawing, writing, and other art
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 05-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #41
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
Send a message via MSN to Kyanbu The Legend

As I already said it's not for the game. It's just a big CG I was making mainly for promotions sake. Since I'm working with a rastor format art program, I wanted to try and make a CG with a 2560x4000px canvas using the vexel method is all. Nothing to worry about, the game is below 1080p. And will stay that way from now till it's completion in 2015/2016.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 05-12-2014 at 08:15 AM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #42
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

Ok, trying something new. I can dig it.
Unread 05-16-2014, 04:31 PM   #43
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.

Alright, I'll apply the texture to a CG.

Update:

As a bit of practice with drawing fur textures. I took an old sketch I made from way back in 2012 (among others), scanned it. And rendered it along with making a few changes, additions, and corrections (to a point). Gonna also try getting into the habbit of practicing other textures as well when able.
Unread 05-16-2014, 10:15 PM   #44
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.

Fur texture's not great, but not terrible, either. I do like what you did with the bandana, though, lighting and texture-wise.
Unread 05-22-2014, 11:47 PM   #45
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Ok, I'll have to work on the detail a bit more. I found a good reference for short/thin fur. So that will help me refine that a bit. Also thinking of a good effective method to apply cloth textures in a time friend manner. Draw, Copy, and pasting with editing maybe? As well as debating on rather or not going the texture route will create an uncanny valley with the ani-human/human characters.

Sorry for the lack of updates/responses for both this and D-Resonate Sonate of The Phantasm's development. May's been a bad month so far in terms of stuff getting done.

Summer's going to be interesting in terms of schedule.

Also, as of today, I am raising my commission prices. For a long time now, I've kept them low feeling that my art just isn't worth charging more then mere pennies.

But even though it technically still isn't worth a lot (yet), I gotta get more per commission. Especially since I very rarely get commissions to begin with.

BW line works: $8

Rendered Sketches: $13

Flat colors no background or simple backgrounds (gradient, graphic, ect): $15

CG rendered with no background or a simple backgrounds : $21

CG rendered with detailed background: $25

$3 per additional character

No, I'm not doing commissions yet. I'll announce when I'm ready. I just wanted to get this out there as a heads up for those planning on commissioning me.
Unread 05-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #46
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

About Avalice Assassin:

(A traditional rough portrait of Avaleese Sturm)

Many of you might not remember this but way back in 2011. I started working on what was essentially going to be a Sci-Fi Fantasy Web Comic series called "Avalice Assassin".

The comic was set in Emerald Garden City. The Capital of "Avalice Kingdom" and set in the same universe, world, and era as the current game project "D-Resonate Sonata of the Phantasm". And was centered around a young laid-back and easy going Knight named Avaleese Sturm. Who over sleeps after stopping to take a nap on the day of her graduation from Avalice Academy. When she awakens later that night. She soon discovers that she's late and rushes off to the castle, where the ceremony is being held. Only to discover that she has been framed for the murder of King Adeline Avalice! Now forced to flee from her home town with the help of Wallace Erde, a traveling merchant. Avaleese sets out on a journey across Avalice Kingdom, searching for clues regarding the death of the King. And to not only clear her name, but also get her honor back as well.

I mentioned in the Chat room to a user that the comic was going to start in 2014. Two years later then planned. Only now we are almost halfway through 2014 and I haven't mentioned anything about the web comic. And well there's a reason for that. At first I was going to do this quitely but then I rememberd all of those times. Where an obscure and favorite comic of mine would vanish without a trace. Leaving me to guess what happened. I didn't want that to happen to Avalice Assassin. Because while it's unlikely that this comic interested that many people. There's still a chance that there are a small few of you who might have been looking forward to this for various reasons. So it's only fare for that unknown few to know what happen to this webcomic and our heroine "Avaleese Sturm".

The Avalice Assassin Web Comic... has been canceled, for a few reasons.

1. Back in 2011, I had the plot direction, begining, climax, and ending planned for it. But was having a hellish time coming up with the actually meat of the story. And slowly began to realize that I may be trying to write a story that was at the time (and probably still is) beyond my abilities as a writer. Rather or not that was true didn't matter. As doubt in my own abilities was starting to kick in.

2. Mischief Knights. After that fell apart in 2012. I wasn't as excited about making another story as I was when I started working on that back in 2008. And was more concerned with trying to at least salvage the characters. Which as you all know I was eventually able to do with the current game project. "D-Resonate Sonata of the Phantasm". Which brings me to the 3rd reason. The final nail in this web comic's coffin.

3. The game project pretty much takes up most of my free time. And while I do take breaks from it to protect my interests and rest as much as possible. I'm normally not in the mode to start drawing comic strips. Since the game is now going to require even more of my time. And since I now have another person working on the game with me. (an old pal from my High School days) I really don't have time to work on much else. Not to mention the other project I have planned after "D-Resonate Sonata of the Phantasm" which is I can't wait to get started on. It's very much different from what you folks are use to seeing from me.

So there you have it. the reasons why the comic was canned. But that doesn't mean that Avalice Assassin as an IP is dead. I will revive this story at a later point in life. As a Game instead, and likely my first attempt at making an RPG/JRPG.

Also you all will still see me draw Avaleese from time to time along with some of the other planned characters. She's still one of my favorite designs after all. Just not as frequently. With that out of the way, time to get back to work.

~Kyanbu

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 05-28-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #47
Kim
adorable

Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.

the ghost tits picture was off but your other pictures seem like they've gotten a lot better and a couple of your outfits looks like actual outfits people other than animes might wear so i just wanted to let you know you're improving and to keep up the good work

tbh my main complaints are fashion-wise where you've embellished a bit more than i'd recommend or you've got underboob in a way i don't think an actual outfit would do, my other complaint being you do need work on the breasts actually having weight to them, tho i also recognize that you draw heavily from anime and that anime doesn't generally seem to recognize that weight still applies to breasts even when wearing clothes

like i said tho i recognize that it's a symptom of what you're drawing from and thus could be intentional

Last edited by Kim; 05-28-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Kim is offline Add to Kim's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2014, 08:45 PM   #48
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Thank you. Kim

Update:

Some more practice with texturing, and lighting. Aside from a few anatomy errors that I didn't catch until later into the rendering stage. The fur texture turned out better then the first attempt. Gonna keep working on the details some more.

I'll admit, I enjoy drawing Valerie. This is one of 2 CGs I made of the character over the course of this week. The other being inspired by what happened to me at a water park during Memorial day. As for D-Resonate game project news. I've been struggling a lot with a few things. Namely drawing a good looking water fall. And design "Jazzy Gardens". Both of which have been done. I also worked on some more conceptual stuff for 2 other "D-Resonate" games one of which stars Valerie, Mika, and Siren as the protagonists. As well as more brain storming for that special game project I have planned after finishing the development on "D-Resonate, Sonata of The Phantasm". Once again, I like to plan ahead when ever I can. Even if it's for something I won't get too for awhile. Because I'd hate to come up with an idea for a future project only to forget it later when the time comes to work on it.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 06-04-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Unread 06-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #49
phil_
Just sleeping

Well, the fur's a lot better, but argh! Those eyes! I hope they fall under "antomy errors that I didn't catch until later." Eyes go on the front of the head, not floating off to the sides. Unless you're going even further into animal traits for Valerie, then I guess a monocular vision set-up would be appropriate, but she's not a rabbit, so I don't think that's what you're going for.
Unread 06-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #50
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_ View Post
Well, the fur's a lot better, but argh! Those eyes! I hope they fall under "antomy errors that I didn't catch until later." Eyes go on the front of the head, not floating off to the sides. Unless you're going even further into animal traits for Valerie, then I guess a monocular vision set-up would be appropriate, but she's not a rabbit, so I don't think that's what you're going for.
Yup, the eyes was one of the anatomy errors I didn't catch in time.