The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Games & Roleplaying > Roleplaying
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 08-28-2011, 02:56 AM   #1
Astral Harmony
Don't Hate Me 'Cause I'm Moe

Astral Harmony will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.
Default Pokemon Umbral Mission 4: Cardinal Storm

Irene and Marionata were awaiting the other Watchmen when they entered the briefing room. It was a different briefing room than last time, since it needed to accomodate about as many Watchmen as possible.

"Please be seated so that we may begin. I promise that my briefing won't take long."
Once they were all seated, Irene cleared her throat. "Under the sands and under the seawater. In tomorrow's mission, we shall be hunting the Water and Ground Ruin Generals, Lathiron and Krunder. More than likely, we shall have to fight them simultaneously, so two full squads will be utilized. Fortunately, we have a very good reason to amass such a large force in one place, although we don't necessarily need reasons. Tomorrow is also Rachel McConnelly's birthday and a very high percentage of us women will be conducting a photoshoot for Alphonsine Dionne's manager. It's a good way of procuring some additional funds for PATCA."
Rachel raised her hand. "Question. Ummm...doesn't the people's tax dollars pay us?"
Irene nodded. "Yeah, but it's not unusual for any federal service to attempt to procure more money. Especially because that way we can earn money that people want to spend on us instead of having the government raise taxes. Marionata?"

The Psychic Ruin General levitated forward. "The tactics will differ very much depending on which general you are involved in defeating. Lathiron is actually composed on several large sea monsters working in tandem, while Krunder is some kind of magical gem that manages to form a beast consisting of sand around itself."
"We have a large cruiser courtesy of the Prideguard set up at the beach to hunt Lathiron from which allows for a full DSS. Our objective is to try and fight Lathiron on the water's surface using this cruiser the minimize the stresses of underwater combat. However, you should expect to be sent overboard and might even have to fight underwater. Doing so can put you at a disadvantage or perhaps an advantage for specific reasons. I can teach you all about it when we reach Cardinal Beach, the location of our mission."
"As for Krunder, his weakness would apparently be the red gemstones that hover in the body of sand that he constructs around them. Expect to be buffeted by extremely power blasts of sand from his unalterable ability, Sand Tempest. He also possesses other abilities that could end up affected the very ground you stand on, and you should exercise all due caution. Marionata has been unable to see if there are any regular Ruin Pokemon that we may have to contend with as well, though we should expect to have to deal with some."

"Finally, two other announcements. The Watchmen are getting really popular, thanks in no small part to the destruction of Millenium House and our battle with the Honmyr Prideguard. Our enemies are most likely going to be stepping up their game and trying new tricks designed just to take you Watchmen down. So, early on during the mission, I would like to teach you about how you might carry out your sorties and battles in the future."

"The other announcement is about two particular promotions. I intend to put my faith behind Impact in promoting him to the position of Regional Chief. His tenacity, courage, and strong desire to prove himself have not slipped by my eyes, and I would like to see how he handles greater responsibility while under my direct supervision. The other promotion goes to Renny Tresserhorn for a special task I recently created that I call Sortie Coordinator. For one so young, the boy possesses courage I believe to match my own on the battlefield, and has keen insight into rapidly deploying critical methods to handle complex and rigorous tactics in a timely and efficient manner. Therefore, if he is willing to accept, I would like him to handle a lot of the Watchmen setups. You don't specifically have to follow his orders when he says that you should take a particular Pokemon into battle or such, but I would think you foolish for at least not listening to his advice. Tresserhorn, if you wish, after this meeting has been concluded, you may speak with me privately about this position in greater detail."

"Now, Cardinal Beach is actually a couple of hours drive from here, so I'd like to get us on the road as soon as possible tomorrow morning, preferable before dawn. Having both DSS setups complete would be probably my only suggestion for what we must do, as well as packing any necessary supplies you feel you may need for one or three days, but it should only take that long if the Ruin General hunt doesn't go down as fruitfully as I would prefer. If there are no questions that you have for Marionata or myself, you are dismissed on liberty for the rest of the day."
Astral Harmony is offline Add to Astral Harmony's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 04:53 AM   #2
Menarker
OMG! WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?

Menarker is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Menarker is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Menarker is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings.

Renny listened to the little bits of information provided. The fact that Lathiron was actually several components was made a little more sense somehow than the mental image of a colossal being that dwarfed Lexhur when the water was probably not that deep near the shore. Still not terribly pleasant though. His hands fingered his pokeballs attached to his belt as he thought which of the two he should consider fighting. Either way, his team were mostly suitable to them, with one or two weakpoints either way.

"We have a large cruiser courtesy of the Prideguard set up at the beach to hunt Lathiron from which allows for a full DSS. Our objective is to try and fight Lathiron on the water's surface using this cruiser the minimize the stresses of underwater combat."

He interjected with a expression of disbelief and confusion.

"I'm sorry, but I thought the Prideguard was one of our biggest opponents. Why are they providing us with equipment now? Have anything changed over the past months for that to happen?"

"The other announcement is about two particular promotions. I intend to put my faith behind Impact in promoting him to the position of Regional Chief. His tenacity, courage, and strong desire to prove himself have not slipped by my eyes, and I would like to see how he handles greater responsibility while under my direct supervision."

Renny looked toward Impact with a little bit of surprise, politely clapping as this annoucement was made.

"The other promotion goes to Renny Tresserhorn for a special task I recently created that I call Sortie Coordinator. For one so young, the boy possesses courage I believe to match my own on the battlefield, and has keen insight into rapidly deploying critical methods to handle complex and rigorous tactics in a timely and efficient manner. Therefore, if he is willing to accept, I would like him to handle a lot of the Watchmen setups. You don't specifically have to follow his orders when he says that you should take a particular Pokemon into battle or such, but I would think you foolish for at least not listening to his advice. Tresserhorn, if you wish, after this meeting has been concluded, you may speak with me privately about this position in greater detail."

He was stunned from the moment his name was mentioned for promotion. Again. Irene's high praise in particular also made him blush as he nervously looked around.

"... But the mission is tomorrow! And I don't know about the new protocols that you were going to tell us then... I should ask her for some of those details before I leave... But this is good. If I can help everyone choose their pokemon and their abilities, I can help them live. Even if that Catseye gem says otherwise..."

Very shortly after the briefing, Renny approached Irene.

"Irene. Thank you so much for your kind words. I don't know what to say except that I'll try my best." He then chuckled a little as he explained to Irene. "I'm not sure if you know already, but the last time I was offered a promotion, by Rayleen, I was promptly demoted before anyone left the room."

He then went straight to business, but losing very little of his gentle air.

"Anyhow, I'm ready to discuss my new responsibilities with you, if you are. Also if you would be so kind, could you briefly go into depth about the new protocols you were going to tell everyone tomorrow? It might be important information when considering tomorrow's sortie and I would really appreciate it now than finding out too late."

Last edited by Menarker; 08-29-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: grammer
Menarker is offline Add to Menarker's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
Dracorion
Moves Like Jagger, Kupo!

Location: To the south, a little to the left... Or to the right.
Dracorion is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Dracorion is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Dracorion is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Dracorion is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life.

It was late in the afternoon when Pierce stepped into Irene's office after asking to see her. They actually had a date that night, to blow off steam before the big mission, but Pierce had some things he wanted to ask her about, and he'd been putting it off long enough.

As soon as the door closed behind him, he clutched at a pretend wound in his chest and dramatically strode forward. "I can't believe you would promote Impact and Renny before me." He exclaimed with mock hurt in his voice. "You are just terrible at abusing power." He broke into a playful smile.

Ice successfully broken.

His demeanor turned more serious, then, as he sat down on the chair in front of Irene's desk. "Actually, I've wanted to ask you about some things for a while. I've kind of been dragging my feet with it. But before I get to it, Irene, I want you to know that I'll accept any answer you give me, even if you tell me you can't give any. I trust you, and these are just things I want to know. I don't need to know them to do my job. But I've never been much of a soldier."

He cleared his throat. "Sorry, rambling. Anyway, here goes."

He decided to start off with an easy one. "What's up with Shannon? I mean, the day after Millenium House she sprouted angel wings and a fancy sword. How'd that happen? Hell, how did Gaea possess her in the first place? And since when?"

Pierce hesitated a bit before asking the next one. He didn't really know anything about what he was about to ask, only guessing wildly. "What the hell is going on with Honmyr? I mean, at first I could buy that the Harbingers and the Prideguard were after Chroma and the Ruin Pokemon, no problem. But now we've got Gaea and Black Cradle and Adonova and Nosferatu and Sexy jumping into the mix, and I'm supposed to believe it's all for Chroma? Hell, Black Cradle seems more interested in Shadow Pokemon than Ruin. All the Legendaries seem to be flocking on Honmyr too. I dunno, I just don't think it's so simple."

The last question was a bit closer to home. "And... I guess Impact does have the skills to be Regional Chief. I think I see why you chose him. I dunno... I guess what I want is to hear it from you, the reason why."

Last edited by Dracorion; 08-29-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Dracorion is offline Add to Dracorion's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
Bard The 5th LW
Feelin' Super!

Bard The 5th LW can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Bard The 5th LW can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Bard The 5th LW can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Bard The 5th LW can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Bard The 5th LW can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Bard The 5th LW can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Bard The 5th LW can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

"The other announcement is about two particular promotions. I intend to put my faith behind Impact in promoting him to the position of Regional Chief. His tenacity, courage, and strong desire to prove himself have not slipped by my eyes, and I would like to see how he handles greater responsibility while under my direct supervision."

Ray was probably having a little jig of joy mentally. If Charlotte could make a judge of character, she would guess that Impact was a pretty ambitious. And she did guess that. That might have explained why he was willing to pass his role off to her, maybe he was expecting something better? Sorta weird if he was expecting Shevenstone to die though.

"Now, Cardinal Beach is actually a couple of hours drive from here, so I'd like to get us on the road as soon as possible tomorrow morning, preferable before dawn. Having both DSS setups complete would be probably my only suggestion for what we must do, as well as packing any necessary supplies you feel you may need for one or three days, but it should only take that long if the Ruin General hunt doesn't go down as fruitfully as I would prefer. If there are no questions that you have for Marionata or myself, you are dismissed on liberty for the rest of the day."

It suddenly dawned on Charlotte: her team was not suited for the sea. Buck and Sol-leks were already fire types, and Hammond wasn't a friend pf the water either. She scowled deeper and twitched her eye a bit upon this revelation. Some last moment preparations were to be made. Apparently it was Renny's job for this sort of thing now, but she wouldn't turn to him. Not like he would help her first thing either, unless she put a gun to his head. That solution would be problematic in the long term though. She would have to find alternative methods.

As she exited the briefing room, she pulled a rather cheap and simple looking cell phone from her coat pocket. She pondered for a moment before dialing in a number. She darted her head left and right before continuing.

"Hey, Nick? Yeah its me. Do you think you can get me Ediz's number? Yeah, that Ediz. Mm-hmm. No. Its sorta important. Today. Yeah. Alright, thanks. Oh screw you." She promptly hung up, giving a shake of her head before dialing another number.

Whelp, now to there. Charlotte wasted little time in making her exit. She was sorta in the mood to get away from the agency.

"Ediz? Yeah its Charlotte. Listen, I need to ask a favor. No I don't care how pretty that flower was. Wait don't- okay I'll listen. Mhm, yup. Yes. Go on. Certainly. Yes, that was a very interesting story and I apologize for my behavior. Anyways, I need some help procuring some pokemon. No, none of them died. I need some that can kill shit in the water. Yes. Uhh, a Venosaur? I guess it'll do. Anything else? A- a Rotom? You serious? Wait! No, fine, yes it okay. Yeah I'll probably drop by in about two hours. Mhm. K' cya." She once again hung up. Clearly it was a less than enjoyable conversation on her end.
Bard The 5th LW is offline Add to Bard The 5th LW's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 02:32 AM   #5
Astral Harmony

Irene folded her arms. "My guess is that the Prideguard has been experiencing some setbacks in their plans."
Marionata shrugged. "The imbecile thinks he can just walk up and win over the allegiance of any Ruin General he wants," she said. "He still has to pretend to follow the president's orders until he is ready to fight every single other opponent that could stand between him and his supposedly rightful position as the ruler of Honmyr."
"Thusly, we get a boat courtesy of them trying to maintain their facade," Irene explained. "We will of course be inspecting it when we get there. The main reason we need it in the first place is to fight Lathiron. The cruiser is designed to take down submarines and other such large undersea threats, so it's perfect for fighting the Ruin General of Water. Depth charges, harpoon cannons, and torpedos add an impressive arsenal that should help immensely in seeing this mission through."

-----
Later That Morning...

"To be honest, Tresserhorn, we're becoming devastatingly famous," Irene said. "Sure, throw names like Shevenston and myself around and people take notice of PATCA, but we hadn't proven anything up until now. It's like the formation of the Watchmen set a chain of tumbling dominos. Two Ruin Generals slain. Millenium House is gone. You've bloodied the nose of the Prideguard all the way up to taking down Cerulean Wildfire, one of their elite Gabriel Force units. Your asses are all over the papers, news, and internet these days. Not a few of us have fan clubs. I bet you could even get involved in some endorsement deals. Yep, you can be on a cereal box. But I digress. Our enemies are done taking it easy on us, and they're not going to just wait around for us to cripple them before they can even muster an effective counterstrike. The next time we engage in battle, it will very much be a contest of speed, which up until this point didn't matter much."

Irene stopped by a vending machine and got them both an iced tea. "Basically, the fastest units on both sides will now have priority when it comes to meeting out the first attacks while slow units will lag behind. Our strategy will obviously shift to accomodate the fact that attacks will unfold in a very different manner than it had in the past."

"As for these new responsibilities as Sortie Coordinator, I'm sorry if I put a great burden on your shoulders, but don't expect me to just leave you high and dry with this duty. PATCA has a lotta authority these days, and as Sortie Coordinator you now have the authority to purchase Pokemon, TMs, the works at heavily discounted prices from just about anywhere. You can even temporarily commandeer Pokemon from the PC Storage System, Day Care centers and Game Corners if necessary, though try not to abuse that power. I can't imagine trainers being too happy to know some Gallade Pokebrid can take their own Pokemon from their supposedly secure boxes. Needless to say, you'll of course need money and you'll get a lot of it. We've been getting a lot of revenue coming in (don't tell anybody about it, by the way) and we can afford to spend quite a bundle on things we couldn't pay for before, just as customizing formation loadouts. Anyways, I think we're well setup for Cardinal Beach, but just know that effective immediately you just gained a lot of easily exploitable power that I trust you won't easily exploit. So uhh...I guess congratz are in order?"

Sortie Coordinators could do all that? Renny had just inherited Team Rocket's dream job. He could yoink or purchase Pokemon on the cheap just about anywhere with easy access to more TMs than what he'd need to fill a wheelbarrow.

-----
Even Later...

"I'm more worried about Beautfort than I am about you, Pierce," Irene said jokingly. "I know she's getting stronger, but sometimes it's hard to tell how exactly."

After the ice was broken, Pierce began to ask about Shannon. "From the way Mika explained it, Dinner unleashed her second strongest Signature Technique called Radiant Storm...or something like that. She basically flings large flaming meteors at her target, and in this case that target was Gaea. Supposedly, Gaea was heavily damaged and had to bleed off a lot of energy or risk being destroyed by it, and fed it directly into Shannon, resulting in the wings and rose-themed sword she sprouted...uhh, no pun intended...when it seemed to her that Professor Ricewood would indeed kill her. It's our belief that similar powers will manifest themselves whenever Shannon is overcome by strong emotions such as fear, pain, and rage."

"As for when Shannon became Gaea, Shannon cannot recall. Perhaps the victim's brain gets all scrambled when under control. All she can remember was hearing a voice like a primadona singing opera. My guess is that this originated from a masterless Gaea, luring someone to wield it like a siren would lure unwary sailors to crash their ships on rocks and reefs to be devoured.

Then Pierce asked her about everything else, all at once. Irene bowed her head and closed her eyes for a moment. Pierce could feel her trying to think about what to say. "Something is building up here in Honmyr. On one hand, we have Chroma, something that has most likely existed on this planet since the very birth of this world. The presense of Chroma and what I know about it suggests that this world doesn't exactly belong to us but came into being by the powers of something else. And whatever that something else is, I believe it is linked to both Gaea and Sexy, though I possess no physical evidence of such except the displays of their awesome powers. If my guesses are correct, whoever really owns our world is not the kind of people who are up for sharing the blessings we have worked so hard for. I'm personally taking steps, with President Andricksen none the wiser for reasons I won't go into, to ensure that when it is time that when we can either choose to win or die, we will certainly win."

Irene leaned back in her chair. "In the other hand we have the Rezonscape. I'm sure you're very knowledgable about what the Rezonscape does for us since you have spoken at length with Professor Ricewood during your party. I won't ask if you're trying to get into her protective labcoat, but a lot of the funding she recieves to investigate the Rezonscape actually comes out of my own pocket. The Rezonscape is slowly bleeding into our world. With every death, with every war, with every violent action, the Rezonscape grows and grows. And with the Corpsemire's existence, we can see that it is physically manifesting in our world. In underground areas, Madsoldiers have been discovered. They are another byproduct of the Rezonscape's growing influence. Adonova and Nosferatu are both deeply linked to the Rezonscape for certain. Nosferatu and Black Cradle are linked directly through Myrie Ricewood, but I think Black Cradle is also more concerned about Chroma than the Rezonscape themselves."

Pierce noticed that Irene was starting to blush. "It's a convoluted mess we have here, Pierce. Sometimes even I have trouble deciding what would be the next best course of action. The times I spend with you help me to achieve the focus I need. I guess what I'm trying to get at is that this is best dealt with on a day to day, bang by bang basis. One day, all the answers will be in our hands. Although I think it'll be a long time before we see that day. And I can only pray that we'll live long enough to see them...to-...together."

"Damnit, now you've got me unable to get you out of my mind," Irene pouted. "Why me, anyways? I mean, I'm grateful you chose me but, like, you're around the same age as my daughter. You can earn younger, prettier girls and you certainly deserve them."
Irene sighed. "Oh well. I guess it's dumb for me to question your motives."
Unread 08-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
Dracorion
Moves Like Jagger, Kupo!

Dracorion is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Dracorion is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Dracorion is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Dracorion is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life.

Pierce smiled at Irene. He couldn't detect a lie, and her answers satisfied his curiosity. So he stood up, walked up behind her and softly placed his arms around her.

"I want us to face them together too." He said simply. "As for why I'm with you, that's because you're an extraordinary woman, and so much more than I deserve. After everything you've done, everything you will do, you deserve to be happy, and I want to give that to you."

"I believe you'll do what's best for all of us. I like the way you take care of me. I love how, when I crack a joke or do something romantic, you smile, and sometimes it reaches all the way up to your eyes, and I know just for a moment I made you forget all the terrible things. I want to be here, for you. If you ever need someone to talk to, or lean on, I'm here. And if it turns out you can do it all on your own without help, I'll still be here."

"... Don't think I didn't notice that you didn't answer my last question, though." He reminded her half-serious, half-playful. "If you don't want to answer, just say so. And please don't go feeling guilty."

Then, Pierce pulled a small box out of his pocket, and placed it in her hand. "Here. I was going to wait until after dinner, but now seems like a good time." He said softly, smiling. Inside the box was a pair of earrings with gems dangling from them. The gems were mismatched and identical to Irene's own eyes. It took a good chunk of the bank loan he had finally managed to take out (he may have had to lie a bit), but he had no regrets.

Last edited by Dracorion; 08-31-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Dracorion is offline Add to Dracorion's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #7
Menarker

Menarker is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Menarker is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Menarker is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings.

Renny nodded at the response to his quick question. It was basically what he expected could happen, but it was good to know that he had the right gist of things.
-----
Later That Morning...

"... But I digress. Our enemies are done taking it easy on us, and they're not going to just wait around for us to cripple them before they can even muster an effective counterstrike. The next time we engage in battle, it will very much be a contest of speed, which up until this point didn't matter much."

Irene stopped by a vending machine and got them both an iced tea. He took a big sip and his expression was very gratifying.

"Ah, thank you Irene. So how exactly will speed change things"

"Basically, the fastest units on both sides will now have priority when it comes to meeting out the first attacks while slow units will lag behind. Our strategy will obviously shift to accomodate the fact that attacks will unfold in a very different manner than it had in the past."
Renny nodded as he sipped his iced tea enjoyably.

"Ah, ok. I guess I can understand that."

"As for these new responsibilities as Sortie Coordinator, I'm sorry if I put a great burden on your shoulders, but don't expect me to just leave you high and dry with this duty. PATCA has a lotta authority these days, and as Sortie Coordinator you now have the authority to purchase Pokemon, TMs, the works at heavily discounted prices from just about anywhere. You can even temporarily commandeer Pokemon from the PC Storage System, Day Care centers and Game Corners if necessary, though try not to abuse that power. I can't imagine trainers being too happy to know some Gallade Pokebrid can take their own Pokemon from their supposedly secure boxes."

Renny almost choked on his iced tea from the sudden and extreme power granted to him which exceeded anything he would be comfortable with anyone else having. It was seriously that big a deal.

"I'll do what I can. I'm sure there are plenty of pokemon up for adoption from former or deceased trainers that could use a good home and have previous battle experience. But now that you mention it, a few weeks ago, there was an hacking attempt in one of the pokemon centers to break into the system and presumably steal or release the pokemon from the PCs. It was apparently a pretty close call apparently. I'll definately want to make sure the security is top-notch so no one else can attempt to access it from my end."

"Needless to say, you'll of course need money and you'll get a lot of it. We've been getting a lot of revenue coming in (don't tell anybody about it, by the way) and we can afford to spend quite a bundle on things we couldn't pay for before, just as customizing formation loadouts. Anyways, I think we're well setup for Cardinal Beach, but just know that effective immediately you just gained a lot of easily exploitable power that I trust you won't easily exploit. So uhh...I guess congratz are in order?"

"Irene, I'll do my very best to prove you can trust me with this privilege. I'll look over our rosters for trainers and see what I can do at this short notice. I'll be sending messages on the Inquiry Visor from time to time today, so if you could be so kind to keep it with you, that would most appreciated."

-----
Renny sat at a PATCA computer terminal as he deliberated as to how to go about setting things up. His eyes reflected the light of the monitor with portrait of faces and pokemon pictures, his hand on the mouse frequently moving back and forth as he created a new document.

"Ok. Let's go to the PATCA employee registries of active agents... Filter out everyone who are not registered trainers. Ok... Let's make some sub-groups... Those who specialize in an element type in this table... like the Eevee Team... and Whitney. Tables by deployment specialities... Make a special table for those who are trainers but incomplete teams such as a few of the Kimonos... and Lola. Stat charts for individual pokemons within a team of 6. No no, this pokemon has no business using Hyper Beam as opposed to Giga Impact. This pokemon won't be able to use this move except in the most limited of circumstances... Have a list of pokemon by element types handy. Water dual types are extremely common, so they can be easily included in most teams. Electric types dual types are rare... Maybe Moon can give his Lanturn to Evangaleen so she can have a better diversity of types within her skills of using electric types..."
He then stopped for a moment.

"If I work at this all day, the stores and centers will be closed before I can purchase them. I need someone to help do some of the legwork..."

He then created a message to forward to all the trainer agents via the Inquiry Visor.

"To all PATCA trainers:
As Sortie Co-ordinator, I am analysing potential options for new pokemon formations and movesets. If there are any preferences among any of you regarding types, combat style or anything worth noting, please reply with a message promptly.
Additionally, I am in need of assistants to aid me in aqquiring the tools and pokemon while I compile all the data that I can access. Any and all help would be much appreciated.
Please note that I may send messages throughout the day to inform particular agents about suggestions regarding changes to their teams. Keeping your visors on you is highly advised."

Inhaling deeply to collect his energy, he submitted the message and expelled the large breath as he resumed looking for possible connections within the teams.

It wasn't long after that Renny suddenly felt a familiar weight press into the back of his head. "Hi Renny!" Elizabeth said, looking over his head at the screen, pushing her chest against the back of his head. "I just wanted to congratulate you on your promotion." She explained as she looked over his work.

Renny was suprised by the softness that was unexpectively pressed against him. He then looked toward her as he responded friendly and courteously although feeling nervous and warm.
"Oh, hi Liz. Thank you. I wasn't expecting it myself." He then pointed at the screen. "I'm trying to come up with the best possible setup that'll last for the long run. New moves for existing pokemon, new pokemon for some trainers. Possibly even new equipment for them too. It's quite a task. Have you been doing well?"

Liz gave him a wide smile. "I've been great, thanks so much for asking." She said kindly. "Actually, I wouldn't mind helping you out, since your message said you needed help. Unless you think my Pokemon setup needs reworking?"

He looked at her profile briefly to see how her team ranked up.
"Your team looks like it is built pretty well. I don't think you really need much improvement there. And I could use some help actually." He looked back toward her. "As you probably already know, our mission is tomorrow. So we're all really pressed for time as is. It is important for me to look over the messages I get as well as improving the agent's setup. However, I need to also actually get the pokemon and the TMs and all the tools in the first place. Which means someone need to travel around shopping and go looking for pokemon, possibly while I'm sending messages over the visor and working on the computer. Would you have any problems helping me with that?"

"Oh, I would love to help you out!" She responded excitedly. Then she looked thoughtful as she considered how to go about it. "I'd go shopping myself, but I don't think I could carry all those pokeballs and technical machines on my own. What if we both go, and you can use my laptop to keep working while we shop?"

Renny thought for a bit. The idea seemed very plausible and the more he thought about it, the better the idea seemed.
"That sounds like a really good idea. In particular, I'd want to make sure that the pokemon we pick up are healthy, so being able to get a second opinion would be a good thing. Just let me save the files I got here. Do you have a USB stick handy?"

Resisting the urge to crack any innuendo, Liz simply reached into her cleavage and pulled out an unsurprisingly pink USB stick. "Here you go." She said sweetly.

Renny took the device gently blushing from the sight as he copied all the data and the URLs for the agents.
"Ok... Everything saved. Pokemon, TMs, tools and berries and checking messages. Alright. Shall we go?"
"Sure thing."

She took Renny's hand in her own and led him downstairs to the garage and to her car. She entered though the driver side door and immediately leaned toward the backseat, rooting around for something, her ass jiggling between the seats for Renny's benefit.
When she emerged, she handed Renny a laptop. "All right, where to?"

Renny stared for a moment, before breaking his gaze away.
"Let's go to the Pokemarts for TMs. Nowadays, TMs can be used infinitely, although they are more expensive. We can hopefully grab one of everything and PATCA can use it for future members and pokemon. It'll be a good investment."

The day went by as Liz and Renny drove to many stores, stocking up on everything. Liz went all over the place excitedly, picking up all the stuff they needed. As the afternoon rolled on, her face was rather flushed, and she had worked up something of a sweat. Her chest heaved up and down prominently, drawing a lot of stares in her direction, as if she didn't get enough of those already.

Renny was busy staring at the visor's screen and glancing his vision back and forth from the HUD and the laptop. He also picked up a few items for his pokemon (with his own money) and got small packages. Some of them looked like candy.

"Ok... Chizuru's message saying she wouldn't mind getting new pokemon. She'd prefer cute ones but she's open otherwise. Some of the other Kimonos don't want new pokemon, so I guess I'll respect that. So far, I got a bit of a plan here. Liz, how are you doing? Do you want to take a break? You really helped out a lot. Soon we can look for pokemon."

Liz just smiled and kissed Renny's cheek gratefully. "Thanks for asking, but I'm fine. I'm really happy getting to help you out. Let's keep going, shall we?"

Renny was flushed, but he smiled warmly from the affectionate kiss. It was a first and the sensation lingered on.
"Hmmm. Ok, can we head to the pokemon centers and daycare centers? Many pokemon get left there, slowly gaining strength but never getting picked up from their trainers or used in combat. And I imagine there are abandoned pokemon who could use a new partner. So, are you ready for the mission tomorrow?"

"Yep, I'm pretty excited, actually. First mission for the agency and all." Liz said calmly. "And I can't wait for the photoshoot! That's definitely going to be fun."
"That is good to hear. I'm really hoping everything goes well. So, what did you do before joining the agency?"

"Oh? I thought everyone at least guessed by now." Liz said, giving Renny a curious look. "I was a thief. Stealing high-end art or equipment and such for a buck. Or sometimes someone hired me to steal for them." She seemed pretty calm as she revealed her past blatantly.

Renny was a little surprised by that as he did a once over, looking at her from top down.

"Really? I had no idea. You don't look the part. Then again, I suppose I'm no good at guessing these things. Well, I'm glad you are on our side now instead."

Liz giggled and suddenly hugged Renny. "Hee hee, I'm glad to be on your side too."
Renny was shocked for a moment, but returned the hug for a moment. He then look toward the screen again.

"Ok, I think I managed to come up with a workable plan for the agents. Maximizing dual-types that fit the agent's speciality or otherwise have as large a type coverage as possible. For the pokemon possessing considerable strength, one move for each type they have and possibly one type that covers their weakness or the weakness of a team-mate. Support moves are spread out so they can be used at the same time, emphaszing the value of using them in different combination of pairs."

"Wow." Liz said with awe, looking over his work. "You really know your stuff, huh? Guess Irene was right to give you the job, you're so talented."
"Thank you kindly. I really hope my results will please her. However, this is basically theory. The hard part now is finding healthy and willing pokemon that are potentially compatible with the agents they'll be paired with. With the setups as they are, I'm hoping it is more or less semi-permanent, so the pokemon and the agents have the oppurtunity to build a rapport with each other. If pokemon get switched around too many times, it doesn't do well for their morale. So there needs to be a set-up that is well-rounded so they can stay with their new owner."

He then looked at Liz with a funny expression. "I'm somewhat of a meddling middle-man." He joked. "I hope everyone will get along well. I guess now all I need to do is to see if there is any suggestions I can make for who are the best agents to put together for the ground team."

"Okay, let's get going." Liz said confidently as she proceeded to drive them to a Pokemon center. The two entered the center as Renny appealed to Nurse Joy for the oppurtunity to convince the pokemon without trainers to join him. His own pokemon were summoned, each telling their tales. Liz pitched in with her own pokemon, Leprihare in particular being useful because she translated for the center's pokemon. From time to time, Renny worked with the nurse to ensure that those willing to join were healthy. Several joined, although there was still pokemon missing from the assigned plan, so they would travel again to daycare center and repeated. Renny managed to convince a few pokemon that were merely used to breed egg moves to their offsprings to join up. He did once accidently spied a pair in the act and quickly averted his gaze and walked quickly in the other direction. Ultimately for the last few which tend to involve rarer and more violent pokemon, they would go to a casino where they were assigned as the rarest of prizes. Renny was personally very adamant about not reaching into the PC boxes of other trainers.

"Ok... that's... almost everything. Some of the pokemon I might be able to get from the agents themselves, if I could convince them to give their pokemon away to another agent..."

He then started sending several messages to several of the individual agents, engaging in light conversation with them as he explained the reasons behind his changes.

"Ok... So far so good... next is... is... maybe I'll talk to her later..." Renny skipped past the agent as he continued on down the list. Eventually, he was left with a select few...

"Maybe I'll get Irene to talk to them for me. Anyhow thank you so much for your help Liz. I think that is just about everything. I just need to use the TMs and give them their items before transfering the pokemon to the agent's PC boxes. But otherwise, that is everything. That was a really long task. If it wasn't for your help, I would not have even nearly finished in time."

Liz was panting visibly and sweating by this point, from all the running around she did, convincing a lot of pokemon all over the place. Still, she smiled and hugged Renny gratefully, kissing him on the cheek once more. "You're welcome, hun. I loved watching you work, you're so passionate, Renny." She praised him, but didn't remove her hands from around him. "So, where to now?"

Renny smiled warmly as she embraced him, although still a little flushed as her hands were still around him.
"I don't want to push you too hard. You been helping out all afternoon How about we stop for a drink at least?"

"A drink, huh?" Then it seemed like an idea struck her. "How about we stop at my place? It's cool there now, and I have drinks. And, I can show you the swimsuit I'm going to wear tomorrow like I promised." She proposed with a wink.

Renny thought pretty hard pretty quickly. The last time things really went uncomfortable fast. So was the last time too. This time however, she had been of immense support, enabling him to help everyone that he was worried about and she was pleasant all the while.
"I guess we can do that. I can't stay for long though. I still have to set up things for tomorrow."

"Yay, thanks!" She exclaimed, kissing him on the cheek again, this time dangerously close to the lips. She pretended as if nothing happened, though, as she removed her arms and drove to her building.

She led Renny up to her apartment and back into her bedroom, making him sit on the bed as she stepped into her large changing room. "Just give me a second, okay?"
When she emerged, she was wearing a small, dark blue sling bikini that hugged her body tightly and left very little to the imagination. "What do you think?" She asked, strutting close to him and bending forward, so he could get a good look down the valley of her breasts.

Renny eyed her, the curve of her body very difficult to miss, and impossible to ignore.
"It... will draw a lot of attention."
He tried to grasp for words as it was difficult to express his words. "It is quite... alluring."
Liz giggled. "I'm so glad you like it." She said, moving even closer. "To tell you the truth, I was a little worried you wouldn't like it. Promise you'll be there when they're shooting me, okay?"
Renny smiled as she giggled. "I'll try to be there when I hear the photoshoot starts. I'm sure just about everyone will want to watch."

"Thanks." Liz replied, smiling wider. Suddenly, she was on top of him, pushing him down on the bed. She supported herself with her arms and knees, leaving a gap between their two bodies. "You know, I had a lot of fun today, with you." She said in a husky voice.

Renny didn't expect what came and suddenly he found himself on his back on her bed with the sultry vixen clamboring above him. He stared briefly with shock from their close distance and the audcity by which she initated this. His tried to move her arms aside.
"I did too, but this is getting to be a bit much!"

Liz just smiled. "Are you sure?" She asked him in the same husky voice, lowering herself slowly until her body made contact with his, though still holding herself up. Her scent, like strawberries and cinnamon, invaded his nostrils.
For a moment, he hestitated as the smell wafted into his senses, and the touch felt soft and light on him. His hand that tried to move her arm away instead held on for a moment or so. It was a pleasant feeling and he only felt marginal resistance. He then spoke back.

"It is. Just a little, but I'm really not comfortable with this."

Liz's body squeezed even closer now. Her lips moved inched away from his. He could feel her heart beating, hear her want of him. Then, a whisper. "Okay." And that was that. She rolled off of him and climbed off the bed. "Can you wait in the kitchen for a minute while I change?" She asked as she stepped back into the changing room.

"Sure." He was still flushed and heavy with nervousness and tension, but very much grateful that things turned out as it did. And there was still a rapid tightness of excitenment that he couldn't quiet down. He went into the kitchen and waited.

Liz emerged from her room moments later, dressed once more in her usual attire. She walked over to the fridge and pulled two cans of soda out, handing one to Renny. "Guess we should get going now, huh?" She asked casually, still smiling as she popped the top on her soda.

He popped the top of his can and drank quickly, trying to cool down inside.
"I guess so."

Liz calmly strode to the elevator as she drank her soda, riding it with Renny down to the garage and getting back in the car. "Headquarters, then?"
"Yes please. I still have some things to finish off with."
"Okay. Is there anything left you need help with?" She asked.
Renny thought for a moment. "At best, all I need help with is to take everything out of the car and brought to the room which has a PC system. Once that's done, I can just give the pokemon the TMs and items that I assigned for them and put them in their agent's respective box to pick up on their own time."
Liz smiled. "All right, let's get to it." Then she helped Renny get everything out of the car and carry it up.
"Thank you kindly. I'll take care of the rest. I hope you'll enjoy the photoshoot tomorrow."

"You're welcome hun." She replied, hugging him again. "Thanks for the fun time." She waved and left Renny to his work.

Renny spent the next long still feeling exceeding warm and almost distracted as he inserted TMs inside the pokeball's and having the pokemon learn those moves. Many of the pokemon he distributed items, although he did struggle a little to emphasize that they shouldn't eat the berries he handed to them until they needed it in combat. He'd also present the pokemon a picture of the new agent to familiarize them with their new master. Once a given team was completed, he transfered the pokemon under the agent's name and inserted it in their PC box. He would then leave a short message on their visor with various details.

"Oh man, it's really late. Almost done though. Then I just have to bring Lola's pokeballs and Rachel's gifts."

Renny opened up a channel to send to Irene with a message.

"Irene, I don't know if you are available, but I'm sending you a message that by far I have by far completed formation set-ups for almost all the registered trainers of PATCA. Pokemon assignment, item outfitting, TMs, the whole thing. They can be found in their agent's respective PC boxes to pick up, yours included, and I've sent a message to just about all the agents advising them on the suggested changes. I also have some suggestions for deployments for the mission tomorrow based on the changes. I've enclosed the suggested assignments. Of particular notice, I'm a little nervous about how to express these changes to Sakuya. Someone like me practically dictating what pokemon her Imperial Highness uses makes me worry that she might take offense, and I want to avoid any possibility of an easily avoided situation that can deteriorate quickly.

Thank you again so much for your extended trust. I sincerely hope these modifications will suit the agency's needs."

Finishing off and putting all the materials good away, Renny held Lola's pokeballs and Rachel's gifts and teleported home. He felt very much exhausted, but he went to the closet and gift wrapped the boxes that he prepared for Rachel. Once that was done, he looked to see if Lola was in the apartment suite.

"Hello? Lola, are you home? I found three more pokemon for you."

He sat down on the bed, exhausted as he laid down on his back. The memory of earlier that afternoon stuck on his mind.

Last edited by Menarker; 09-01-2011 at 01:22 AM. Reason: grammer
Unread 09-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #8
Astral Harmony

"Pierce, they're beautiful!" Irene marveled, almost immediately putting them on. Probably not to Pierce's surprise, she had the earrings mismatched. "As for Impact...well, I'm kind of...using him. Like a tool. And I know it's not right and I don't like it, either. I need him to do something for me, something he and I can actually benefit greatly from in the distant future if he plays his cards right. I have a feeling he won't, but you can't help who people are, I guess."

Irene sighed and her shoulders slumped. "Well, at least he knows I'm using him to achieve my own ends. The price we pay for the country we love. Anyways, don't you think you're spending too much? You buy a dojo for the Kimonos, reserved all those rooms for your party, now the earrings? I hope you're not killing yourself here. I'd invite you to live in my mansion but I have a feeling it's going to burn down or explode tonight if it hasn't already."

-----

Renny got more or less what he expected when it came to trainer requests.

Shannon: "I'm keeping Florescence and I'm keeping Grass types. Long as you can accept that, you 'n' me will get along just fine, Kawaii Agent Renny-chan."

Oh, lawd...wait, that doesn't sound like a bad anime if you think about it. Kawaii Agent Renny-chan, solving Honmyr's toughest cases and engaging in innocent sleepovers with Honmyr's hottest women! Dun nun nun nuuuuun dun nun nuuuuuun!

Catherine: "Hey, Renny. Are you still into...breast feeding?"

Ugh. Catherine, you're not even a trainer.

Alphonsine: "Don't give my legendaries to anyone else. I like to keep my other types flying, too. You know how us in the Thirteen roll."

How was Alphonsine able to communicate?

Feh, nevermind.

-----

Renny made the call to report in to Irene about his dramatic accomplishments.

"Gosh, Tresserhorn. You didn't have to go full speed right as I fire the starting gun. I hope you don't burn yourself out. I'm glad Phelps is living with you. You could use someone taking care of you."

Speaking of someone taking care of you...

"Oh, sounds good, but uhhh...you sound tired. Hang on, I'll be right there."

Lola found Renny on his bed. "Busy day? I guess you overworked yourself because of that promotion. Maybe you're not old enough for that kind of position? Or perhaps you're just too hard a worked for your own good. You can tell me more about it later. I'm gonna go help Milsha in the kitchen. Smells like porkchops and potatoes, just the kind of meal for a man who has too much to prove."

And with a playful wink, Lola exited the room to go help out with Milsha in the kitchen. Renny had to admit that living with two young, beautiful ladies instead of one beautiful mom was definitely a step up.

Last edited by Astral Harmony; 09-01-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Unread 09-02-2011, 12:11 AM   #9
Menarker

Renny had obediently responded to the requests of the agents that he was working with, multi-tasking as he worked on Liz's laptop.

"That sounds just fine, Shannon. I'll definately do what I can. See you tomorrow!"

"Rest assured Alphonsine, I won't give your legendaries away or your eevee evolution. At most I'll probably teach them some new techniques and give them some items. See you at the photoshoot!"

And of course... the one unusual message that didn't come from a trainer.

"I... can honestly say I haven't done that in a long time. I'm sorry Catherine, but I still got work to do to prepare all the trainers for tomorrow's mission. Are you still up for another training session right after the mission? Either way, I'll see you at the beach!"

-------------------------

Renny quickly responded to Irene, trying to reassure her that the worst was over.

"Oh, I'm dead exhausted. But thanks to some help and everyone's prompt responses, I'm practically done with everything. All the trainers should be sufficently prepared for tomorrow. Unless we get a flood of new agents anytime soon, the rest of the job will practically be a vacation."

*Back at home*

"Busy day? I guess you overworked yourself because of that promotion. Maybe you're not old enough for that kind of position? Or perhaps you're just too hard a worked for your own good. You can tell me more about it later. I'm gonna go help Milsha in the kitchen. Smells like porkchops and potatoes, just the kind of meal for a man who has too much to prove."

Renny smiled.

He let his pokemon wander the apartment freely. He got some post-it notes and labeled the pokeballs "Lola's Serperior", "Lola's Ditto" and "Lola's Rapidash" and wrote a small note in the middle. "I showed your portrait to them at HQ, so they should be aware that you are their trainer." He left the pokeballs on the counter near the kitchen.

He then continued to wait for dinner, relaxing peacefully as the aroma wafted around the apartment.

*Dinner*

"Oh, that's looks delicious! Thank you! I can't wait to see how it taste!"

Renny eagerly helped himself to some healthy helpings and pouring himself a large glass of milk, his most preferred drink.

"Today was incredibly busy, but it won't be that way in the future. All the difficult parts is done and everyone should be all prepared. Once in a while I might have to help new agents, but nothing that intense anymore. But I feel better knowing that I could help everyone in this way. I just hope I didn't misjudge anything."

He took a big swig of milk, a hearty sigh escaping his lips.

"So, how have you two been today? Are you ready for tomorrow?"

Last edited by Menarker; 09-02-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Unread 09-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #10
Dracorion
Moves Like Jagger, Kupo!

Pierce laughed. "Well, Liz is the one who paid for the rooms from the party. After all, I'm pretty sure if they had charged either of us for what we did to our room, we both would've gone broke." He answered playfully.

He had tried to avoid taking Irene to his place so she wouldn't see the mess is was, and did his best to straighten it up when he did have to take her. "Yeah, money's tight. But I think it's best to put my ill-gotten gains to good use instead of having them sit in a bank account being useless."

Then he processed something Irene had said. "Wait, what do you mean your mansion might burn down or explode?"