The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Games & Roleplaying > Roleplaying
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

Reply
View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
Inbred Chocobo
Bitches love the crown
 
Inbred Chocobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 3,264
Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings. Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings. Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings. Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings. Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings.
Send a message via AIM to Inbred Chocobo Send a message via Yahoo to Inbred Chocobo
Default Randomly Generated RP: Chapter 1

The tavern was rather empty that night. A television hung up in a corner, blaring some channel that advertised itself as one dedicated to music, but really only played crappy drama's about teenagers. On screen one teenager talked about another one behind her back and you could tell the drama was about to go off if you cared to watch. Behind the bar the bartender was cleaning another mug, business being slow today in the little town, but then again it always is.

The party sat around one of the tables, the waitress having just dropped off everyone's plate of food. Everyone was feeling good about themselves, and after accomplishing what seemed to be an impossible task, beating the game Battletoads in one sitting, the party had bonded and become friends. They had the tavern to themselves tonight so there wasn't much need for silence, so the group enjoyed themselves for a moment to talk freely.

After a moment after they had finished their meals, a strangely came walking into the tavern, taking a seat at a table in a darkened corner, probably some cheap attempt to look mysterious. A waitress came back and took his order, but as the group talked to themselves, they couldn't help but feel the stranger staring at them. The man was clad in black, and odd for the technology available, he had a simply bow and arrow on his back. Strange for this kind of era where men are more likely to shoot you with a gun than a bow.

While the party was still chatting to itself, they all realized the man that had come in was staring at them. His choice of seating and clothing made it really hard to read him from across the room, so whether he was just curious about the group or he had business no one was really sure. Still though, the man kept staring, giving people the creeps, so if people wanted something done, they were going to have to do it or quietly leave.
Inbred Chocobo is offline Add to Inbred Chocobo's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
mauve
So Dreamy
 
mauve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Someplace magical
Posts: 6,862
mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.
Default

"Reaaally," huffed Saundra, drawing out the aahh sound longer than necessary. "What an incredibly rude individual. Doesn't he know it's impolite to stare? Especially at a lady." She returned her gaze to the people around the table. "One of you should be a real gentleman and do something about it."

Her hands, in pressed white gloves, rested motionless on the tabletop. She was making an effort not to show off any signs of the unease she felt. Something told her this fellow wasn't eying her out of admiration for her fine fashion sense and impeccable posture.

"Well?" she said, a bit harsher than she meant to, "Go on, one of you. Do something about this."
__________________
Yoo Hoo!
mauve is offline Add to mauve's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
Overcast
Cinderella
 
Overcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Trespassing in the graveyard
Posts: 3,076
Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted.
Send a message via AIM to Overcast Send a message via MSN to Overcast Send a message via Yahoo to Overcast
Default

Katherine raised an eyebrow at the "men" around the table. She sighed taking one last swig of her beer and slamming it on the table, straightening her hat seriously before she kicked the table with her heavy leather boots to scoot her chair out. She slammed a gauntlet covered hand into the spring loaded mechanisms of her shield, the large thing clamping securely with a resounding "Clink!" and jumped down from the tall stool.

Unhitching the holster hanging at her side she stepped menacingly toward the man. All five feet nearly nothing of her, loose fitting work clothes making her seem even tinier. Yet still her voice was harsh and confident when she spoke up, heterochromatic eyes staring unsettlingly in red and blue,

"In my part'a town when someone gives you the kind of eye you're sportin ya either planning to rape, rob, or cut em up like ol' Saucy Jack," Her hand teased toward her revolver, "and I can't say abide by any of that behavior. So if you have something on your mind you better let it out or get out. Sir." The last word was venomously punctuated like a punch to the gut. She stood waiting, not breaking her stare for a moment.
__________________
Time to bust out the glow sticks!
Overcast is offline Add to Overcast's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
phil_
Just sleeping
 
phil_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: At home, probably in bed.
Posts: 6,482
phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_
Default

"Oh, Miss Bertram, do take care not to frighten the man." Dan called congenially, punctuated with a small laugh at the notion of little Kathrine intimidating anyone. "Ask if he'd like a drink, perhaps?" He laughed again, louder this time, while swirling his gin and looking pleased with himself.
__________________
Be T-Rexcellent to each other, tako.
phil_ is offline Add to phil_'s Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
Inbred Chocobo
Bitches love the crown
 
Inbred Chocobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 3,264
Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings. Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings. Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings. Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings. Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings.
Send a message via AIM to Inbred Chocobo Send a message via Yahoo to Inbred Chocobo
Default

The strange man smiled, his sneer coming off just slightly wrong. "Well Miss Bertram, I'm trying to judge if your little group is capable of handling something... dangerous." The man motions to sit as his table as he reaches in his cloak for a map. Pulling it out and laying it on the table, he looks up to whoever has approached so far and starts explaining. "Simply put, I need a group of people to find something I have lost. I would do it myself but my bow arm isn't what it used to be."

The strange man points a gloved finger down at the map. The map itself shows a layout of the town and the nearby area. His fingers point to a local farm, that grows all kinds of crops. "In this farm, I was spending a few days tracking wild beasts that are attracted to the food, making sure to take them down or at least scare them off. A few days ago I found something I'm still not quite sure of. A strange beast who's shadow itself enveloped me and was quick to boot. I was nothing against it, and it took me out. I escaped, but my rifle is lost out here." His finger points towards the corn fields of the farm, out in the outskirts of the land the farmer owns. "What I need is a group of people that can stare down death itself so I can get my rifle, and take down this beast."

He then stares intently as Bertram "Now listen Missy, you approach me, I know you think you must be something, but I'm telling you right now what is out there ain't nothing compared to what I am doing now. Do you have what it takes to do it? If you do, then feel free to join me. If you don't, then I suggest you go back to your doll house and make sure Barbie's dress doesn't get dirty again."
Inbred Chocobo is offline Add to Inbred Chocobo's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
Overcast
Cinderella
 
Overcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Trespassing in the graveyard
Posts: 3,076
Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted.
Send a message via AIM to Overcast Send a message via MSN to Overcast Send a message via Yahoo to Overcast
Default

'Miss Bertram' grabbed her gun and leveled it at the man a moment before letting it fall on her finger and then tapping her head, "You must be daft old man to hold shite in one hand and asking for charity in tha otha. Ya'd do betta to give some incentive for us to go chasin a creature a darkness for ya, and stop throwing insults likely to get you with one more hole than ya need and ya rifle still a trophy." She reholstered the thing and stared expectantly for him to offer a reward greater than thanks before they actually took the job, after all their liquor tab wasn't going to pay itself.
__________________
Time to bust out the glow sticks!
Overcast is offline Add to Overcast's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
Arcanum
Strike the Earth!
 
Arcanum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,185
Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was.
Default

Lance had been keeping quiet through most of the ordeal, staring vacantly at his slowly disappearing drink. In fact that was what he had been doing most of the night. Alcohol dampened his natural charm and had the habit of making him remember his past, adding a layer of melancholy. Still, the sudden lapse in the group's regular noise was enough to break him from his thoughts, and he glanced up to see that Katherine had drawn her gun. While the person she was confronting looked anything but friendly, it's always a wise idea not to draw a gun in a public place, even if that public place is rather deserted.

"Kat, what in the devil's hell are you doing?" Lance called out, still slouched in his chair.

As he focused on the scene, despite the alcohol impairing most of his senses, he noticed the map, the posture of the stranger, and played back the last few seconds of conversation that he had been barely paying attention to. A job. Something about stealing a farmer's rifle. It didn't matter, the details could be ironed out when he was sober. Lance forced himself to his feet and walked over to the stranger's table.

"Kat put that toy away before you hurt someone. If I shot or threatened every potential employer that gave me the creeps I'd be as poor as-" a street rat, he almost said before remembering the last time he made such a blunder. "Uh... never mind," he finished lamely, silently cursing his intoxication. "In any case, I'm sure our friend here recognizes that jobs like this require a certain level of expertise, and that those with that expertise are not running a charity."
__________________
POS Almighty has spoken.
Arcanum is offline Add to Arcanum's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
Overcast
Cinderella
 
Overcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Trespassing in the graveyard
Posts: 3,076
Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted.
Send a message via AIM to Overcast Send a message via MSN to Overcast Send a message via Yahoo to Overcast
Default

Kat seemed semi poised to deliver a backhand with her family crest, but slowly lowered her shield as Lance was able to backtrack from a potential blunder. He was an alright guy but he had a habit of losing proper control of his tongue when he had a few drinks, she had to teach him how painful being slapped by a mechanically assisted shield was before.

Luckily they were back to common nature. She nodded and sat at the table tapping her shooting fingers against the table idly.
__________________
Time to bust out the glow sticks!
Overcast is offline Add to Overcast's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #9
phil_
Just sleeping
 
phil_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: At home, probably in bed.
Posts: 6,482
phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_
Default

"Dear, we have to change tables?" Dan got up and flagged a waitress. "We'll be over here, miss; hope that's not a problem." Sitting at the table, he added for those already seated, "It would be a bother if this place were more crowded, changing tables like this."

"So, Sir, what is it you have to offer for our help? Merely implying we can't do it won't be enough; we've already proven tonight that we are capable of anything." Dan took a swig of his drink. "Also, I'd hesitate to imply that Miss Bertram has ever known what a doll is, much less suggest that she'd have more fun with playing house than spilling your insides." To emphasize the threat, he added, "She beat the bike level, I'll have you know."
__________________
Be T-Rexcellent to each other, tako.
phil_ is offline Add to phil_'s Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 01:06 AM   #10
Aldurin
Lakitu
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,648
Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk.
Default

Silent and uninterested during the beginning of the conversation, Allyson began to focus on the conversation and threats at the mention of a rifle. It wouldn't hurt to give every firearm an examination given the chance, as becoming more familiar with every invention in existence could only bring good.

She got up and moved over to the table with the map, specifically keeping out of the conversation where Lance and Katherine were demanding compensation because she had little care for monetary rewards, and most resources were a simple transaction away for her. The only thing that could remotely interest her at this point would be a pile of mechanical resources well above general market supply, or an opportunity to look at a revolutionary new device to expand her knowledge and expertise beyond what a simple rifle could do.
Aldurin is offline Add to Aldurin's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.
The server time is now 07:07:18 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.