The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 08-13-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
Mirai Gen
We are Geth.

Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Default Protomen return!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Okay I got that out of my system.

Really liking Light up the Night. It's got this great 1980s retro rock feel which I'm totally digging, and with the lyrics I'm hearing sound like it's continuing the story! This album promises to be even better than Act 1, which would be a hell of a feat.

I'm hooked on the vocals of whoever the hell is singing. Is that Panther or Commander?

I need to see these dudes live if they go on tour again.

EDIT: They don't take anything other than influences from video game music so I can listen to them still! A loophole!
Unread 08-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
Kim
adorable

Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.

I can't stop listening to it! It's pretty great. Everyone and their dog should listen to it.
Unread 08-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #3
Mirai Gen
We are Geth.

Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Yeah I did a huge blog breakdown of it but every time I went to mention something 'signature' about The Protomen I just remembered that they really do their own thing. They're so edgy and experimental and all-over-the-place, but in a good way.

This song is awesome in so many ways and I can do nothing but excitedly look forward to the album's release.
Unread 08-14-2009, 11:08 PM   #4
Kurosen
Hmph, what a waste of words.

Kurosen single-handedly slew a dragon. Kurosen single-handedly slew a dragon. Kurosen single-handedly slew a dragon. Kurosen single-handedly slew a dragon. Kurosen single-handedly slew a dragon. Kurosen single-handedly slew a dragon.

They played several songs from the new album at a live show down here a month ago. As much as I love the original stuff, everything I've heard from the new one blows it away.
Kurosen is offline Add to Kurosen's Reputation  
Unread 08-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #5
Kim
adorable

Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.

So, I've only really started listening to their first CD after hearing Light Up the Night, and I was surprised by how good the story is, especially with Protoman as a tragic hero turned villain.

As a villain he is truly sympathetic because he has every reason to be against mankind after they watched him die trying to save them, and I would argue that he's right about them not being worth saving if they won't even fight for themselves. The whole thing with just watching him die is also fairly believable because I've read/heard way too many things about people in crowds just watching as someone is beat up/murdered/raped/molested/etc and nobody does anything, instead waiting for someone else to act first. It's a sad thing about our psychology I guess.

I guess what I'm saying is that the first CD was fucking awesome and I am very much looking forward to the next to a degree I've never really looked forward to a music CD.
Unread 08-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #6
Nique
Niqo Niqo Nii~

Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

Protomen?

Guess I'll have to buy/download some stuff... Their website is neat but hella confusing.
Unread 08-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #7
Kim
adorable

There first CD is on Itunes for eight bucks.
Unread 08-20-2009, 12:36 AM   #8
Mirai Gen
We are Geth.

That's the cool thing about Protomen - their songs are good and it's blatantly a rock opera, but it's mixed into a whole lot of good story. Megs and Proto being each 'a hero' in their own right, especially with the conclusion, really hits hard.
Unread 08-29-2009, 10:56 PM   #9
Magus
Archer and Armstrong vs. the World

Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something.
Send a message via AIM to Magus

I loved their first album, and Light Up The Night combined with the already released Father of Death is going to be awesome. Oh, and Breaking Out I guess?

If we go by the first album there should be something like four or five more songs. It's going to be awesome.

Also this is a prequel apparently? Didn't really see that coming.
Unread 08-31-2009, 11:27 PM   #10
Axl
Cat

Axl is so pumped up.
Send a message via AIM to Axl Send a message via Skype™ to Axl

Hey chumpsicles that Act II is up for preview on Amazon.

If you go and buy this free game (no download necessary), Amazon will give you a 5 buck mp3 credit. But that offer is only good until tomorrow, and you have to use the free credit by the end of September... so go go go.
Axl is offline Add to Axl's Reputation