The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Drawing, writing, and other art
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 04-13-2015, 03:19 PM   #211
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
Send a message via MSN to Kyanbu The Legend

Update:

Spring is over at last (never thought I'd say that). The little one is at school and I'm back to having more free time then any person reasonably should.

Waking Forest Area 2 (Middle Route)

As I mentioned before, I'm scaling the graphics back from what I had originally planned. Not because I can't do it but rather because I need to be able to work on other things besides graphics. Bums me out a bit but it's looking pretty good regardless. What you see above is what I can do in about 2 to 3 hours. For those wondering what was changed. I scaled back textures which really gave me a lot of time. That's perfect as I can get up to about 3 of these done a day max. Waking Forest Area 2 (Upper) and (Lower) Route will be up tomorrow. Waking Forest Area 1 will be staying as it is now. Silvia's sprite (seen on the left) was added because why not. Will also be showing enemy sprites and NPC sprites as well later down the road.

Gonna have to full view to see it more clearly. it's a 2080x448 sized area. I'll provide a full size link later.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 04-13-2015 at 03:23 PM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2015, 03:26 PM   #212
mauve
So Dreamy

mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.

Will the cyan outline remain around Sarina in the final playable version? If not, you might want to do a test to make sure she's sufficiently visible against the dark background. You put aa lot of effort into the sprite and background, so I'd hate for you to find out at the last minute that Sarina looks like a floating head if her blue/black costume blends into the blue/black background.
Unread 04-13-2015, 07:25 PM   #213
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve Mage View Post
Will the cyan outline remain around Sarina in the final playable version? If not, you might want to do a test to make sure she's sufficiently visible against the dark background. You put aa lot of effort into the sprite and background, so I'd hate for you to find out at the last minute that Sarina looks like a floating head if her blue/black costume blends into the blue/black background.
Yes the cyan outline around Sarina (her aura) will be in the final build. Partially for that very reason. Though "Waking Forest" and "Black Towers" are the only stages where she could be hard to see without it in certain spots. Every other stage contrasts with her colors.
Unread 04-15-2015, 02:10 PM   #214
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Waking Forest Area 2 (Upper Route)

I completely forgot that Waking Forest Area 2 doesn't have a room below it until I checked my Blue Prints/Layouts. lol

Waking Forest Area 2 is the point where it starts to branch off into three different intersecting pathways.

Waking Forest Area 3 Middle Route will be up later today/tonight. Waking Forest Area 3 Upper and Lower Routes should be up tomorrow.

This won't really be much of a repeated pattern for the other stages in the game. Which will branch off in different ways with less pathways.
Unread 04-18-2015, 07:59 PM   #215
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Ffffff- I just pissed away my Saturday....

I just pissed away my Saturday...

If you're wondering why the updates stopped. I got distracted. Not much got done and I wasted a few hours all for allowing my self to be distracted reading up a debate. I missed my chance to go out and enjoy a nice day... -_-

Honestly I'm torn between taking that break anyway or getting back to work. (currently finishing up Waking Forest Area 3 Upper and Middle Route which were suppose to be up yesterday technically.)

...Damn it... I'm backed up again...

You know what, I'm going to take that break anyway. It'll set things back and partially negate the whole point of cutting down the graphics to manage time better. But I'm honestly not in the mood right now (partially because of said debate and not wanting to be swept into it right now). And well it's better to be back up and late then to get burned out.

Sorry but going to be on haitus this weekend and maybe Monday.

And NO I'm not taking about the debate, I wasted way too much time already. I really hate how I have very little control over my life sometimes.

Here for the sake of posting something I did some perspective practice when I was watching my sister play at the park the other day.

Unread 04-19-2015, 01:13 AM   #216
rpgdemon
Not a Taco

rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

Dude, take as many breaks as you need. George RR Martin is not our bitch, and neither are you. Working on a project doesn't mean that you need to work 24/7 on that project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard The 5th LW View Post
RPG has total "I told you so" privileges.
Quote:
RPG still has total "I told you so" privileges.
rpgdemon is offline Add to rpgdemon's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2015, 08:27 PM   #217
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

I have returned! Kind of. Going to be very busy with a few things at home. Some more perspective practice I did while I was AFK on an errand and Waking Forest area screenshots.

Waking Forest Area Area 3 (Middle Route)

Waking Forest Area 3 (Upper route) will be up later tonight, early tomorrow. Lower Route may be up that day as well. I might not be able to work on these much from friday through monday due to time constraints. Should be able to get back to work on Tuesday.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

I wonder if the opening in the ground is noticeable. If not I'll have to fix that.
Unread 04-22-2015, 10:37 PM   #218
rpgdemon
Not a Taco

rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

Something that occurs to me as I look at the screenshots: Totally play around with particle effects for her aura. It'll look waaay cooler than the aura being part of her sprite, and they're super easy in Unity.

Quote:
RPG has total "I told you so" privileges.
Quote:
RPG still has total "I told you so" privileges.
rpgdemon is offline Add to rpgdemon's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2015, 01:54 PM   #219
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

I've actually been thinking of doing that.

Sadly it'll have to wait, due to severe problems at home, the project is on hiatus for the time being. Whelp so much for saving time.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Development should resume later today. With updates on my progress resuming on Tuesday. Depending on how negotiations go (predicted sales figures and marketing strategy), I should have one less problem to deal with. Also decided that taking breaks is a bad idea and will be cutting down on those a lot.

Gonna try and power through as much as possible. Getting 3 to 4 areas of a stage done per day. Once Waking Forest is finished I'll be dedicating a lot of time towards finishing the switch to Unity 2D. I wanted to get the sprites for at least 1 stage done first to avoid having to go through the trouble of swapping out everything for the proper sprites.

After that I'll be posting 3 to 4 areas of the test stage "Alpha Avenue" which will serve as a test for every stage/area gimmick/obstacle planed for the game. This along with "Waking Forest" will also be used as a demo for the game. "Waking Forest" showing the games visual and gameplay, "Alpha Avenue" giving the player a taste of what to expect in this little game.

I have a lot of work to do. Fortunately all stages in the game are 100% planned out. all that's left is piecing it together and debugging which will be done over the course of 2015 and 2016. With release of the final build in 2016 or 2017.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Update:

Waking Forest Area 3 (Upper Route)

Waking Forest Area 3 (Lower Route) will be up sometime Tuesday. Maybe sooner depending on how the issues at home go. Likely along with Waking Forest Area 4 (Lower Route).

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 04-23-2015 at 02:03 PM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2015, 08:24 PM   #220
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Waking Forest Area 3 (Lower Route)

Late but it's finally done. Waking Forest Area 3L.
Waking Forest Area 4M will be up tomorrow, time permitting.