The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Drawing, writing, and other art
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 01-27-2016, 01:36 AM   #281
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
Send a message via MSN to Kyanbu The Legend
Default Busy Busy Busy

Status update:

Commissions are really starting to pick up now. So Updates won't be quite as frequent as I planned. Which is pretty awesome all things considered. I can really use as much money as I can get right now as it'll help me upgrade my PC.

Also I want to make a few things clear. I'm going to be touching up the first 4 areas of "Waking Forest" so that they'll match what I did with Area 5M, 5U, and 5L. Also decided to touch up Sarina's Sprites as well before moving on to completing the rest of her sprite animations.
Unread 01-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #282
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

Shouldn't touch ups come near the end of production? I'd hate for you to fall into a trap of making a level, fixing up the previous level with what you've learned, making the next level, fixing up the previous two levels with what you learned, etc.
Unread 01-27-2016, 09:56 PM   #283
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
Default Just one~ little change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_ View Post
Shouldn't touch ups come near the end of production? I'd hate for you to fall into a trap of making a level, fixing up the previous level with what you've learned, making the next level, fixing up the previous two levels with what you learned, etc.
Yes, I should wait till at least close to the end before touching things up. But it just bothers me so much with how different the early areas are compared to the current ones. I'm not changing much though. Just going over the leaves using the new brushes I made. So that they match up better. Then I'll wait till the end before doing the polishing phase.
Unread 02-08-2016, 08:44 AM   #284
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Commissions are still coming in at a decent pace (thank god) so while I was working on those. I finally finalized Queenie's design. It took several redesigns from her outfit to her body, but I was finally able to get it out of the way. This portrait will be finished at a later date. And a full body pick will also come later on down the road.

WIP

---------- Post added 02-08-2016 at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-07-2016 at 09:03 AM ----------

Update:

Sometime This week. I'm hopping back and forth between Commissions and the game project.
Unread 02-17-2016, 09:27 AM   #285
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Default This area is pretty big from a first area now that I think about it lol

Update:

Waking Forest Area 5L Concept

5th room of the lower route of Waking Forest. Area 5U (Upper Route) will be up some time next week.

Half way there! This will probably be the largest area in the game because most the other stages will be more smaller in scale while still keeping alternate routes in mind.

Full size can be downloaded from here:
http://kyanbu.deviantart.com/art/Concept-Waking-Forest-Area-5L-CGHQ-591378765
Unread 02-27-2016, 11:37 PM   #286
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Area 6 will be up pretty soon. but first W.I.P portraits and concepts currently being worked on with more concepts and expression practice tomorrow. For Monday through Wednesday I should have all parts of Waking Forest Area 6 up.

Portrait of Xaniras W.I.P

Portrait of Vivi W.I.P

Portrait of Inaba W.I.P

Jack Lantern Concept 1 Linework

Rene Sarris Concept 1 Linework

Unread 02-29-2016, 09:01 PM   #287
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Concepts: Character Expressions "Vlair Aether" 1

Unread 03-06-2016, 06:45 PM   #288
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Portrait of Sarina the Protagonist of "D-Resonate Sonata of the Phantasm"

Name: Sarina Phantom
Job Class: Edge Caster
Description: A hot shot Edge Caster from Luminia Guild. Like her Sister "Xaniras Phantom", Sarina was trained at young age by their mother "Silvia Phantom". Sarina hates to do charity work or even save/help others without some form of payment. Always quick to take up a job for the right pay and always puts on her best performance to impress potential clients. Despite this however, she does end up saving lives for free. Either because of her own conscience getting the better of her, or because of her Boyfriend "Daichi Stellar", Silvia , Annette, or Xaniras convincing her to lend a hand. Though after "The Parking Lot incident" Sarina has been actively trying to redeem her self.

Due to being a fast learner when it comes to Spells. Sarina tends to rely on a wide variety of spells and attacks centered around close and mid range. With a few long range spells in the mix. Though she specializes more in Light based Spells centered around her claws. And performs at her best in close range. While Sarina is very smart and tactical, she doesn't like studying much if at all. And prefers to spend most of her free time playing video games. As a result her wide variety of spells are powerful but very limited. While her sister is more defense focus, Sarina is more offensive focused and very agile.

Personality Tropes: At her best she's witty, tactical, reliable, surprisingly nice, and heroic. At her worst she's sarcastic, impatient, over confident, and greedy. Usually she's a trickster, slightly narcissistic with a heart of gold.
Unread 03-26-2016, 08:22 PM   #289
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Oh hey NPF survived "Tempus Finis". Good, good. here's what I've been up to.

Update:

Portrait of Xaniras

Working on Boss Portraits starting with the Witches of the Four Seasons.

And I'll be uploading a map of the following stages Soon:

Waking Forest (first area of the game)
Black Towers
Somnus Gate
Hall of Rem & Chamber of Visions

This will show how much of Waking Forest I have left to finish as well as show how later stages will be structured.
Unread 04-03-2016, 11:57 PM   #290
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

W.I.P Portrait of Valerie Gust

This design is one of 2 alternate takes on her second design. Will be colored soon but not quite next. Next will be an update on the game's plot and the maps I promised.