The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Drawing, writing, and other art
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 12-06-2016, 03:11 AM   #1
pochercoaster
rollerpocher tycoon

pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve.
Send a message via AIM to pochercoaster Send a message via MSN to pochercoaster
Default I am so out of practice jesus

I am trying to sketch regularly because I live for art but I never fucking make any and I fear that I'm going to die regretting my life if I don't draw slutty fairies and stupid fantasy shit.

So here's my practice sketches. I'm hoping making a thread will give me the motivation to draw regularly.

Last edited by pochercoaster; 12-06-2016 at 03:16 AM.
pochercoaster is offline Add to pochercoaster's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2016, 02:49 AM   #2
pochercoaster
rollerpocher tycoon

pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve.

Sketch based on a model in a bridal magazine.

I'm working on some other drawings but haven't progressed enough to put up new pics of them yet.

Last edited by pochercoaster; 12-12-2016 at 03:05 AM.
Unread 12-25-2016, 02:49 AM   #3
pochercoaster
rollerpocher tycoon

Life's kept me busy, so I've only made a little progress. But with light doodling here and there over the last month I'm starting to get comfortable with drawing again.

Minor changes.

Next minor project.

Unread 01-04-2017, 02:38 AM   #4
Nique
Niqo Niqo Nii~

Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

These are great! The second pass on the woman coming out of the water is way more proportional than the first, plus all the extra detail. I'd hardly call them minor changes, and even the first was a fine sketch.

I never could figure out how to attach hands my figures without making them look like clumsy mittens, so kudos on basically overcoming that problem it looks like?
Unread 01-06-2017, 02:45 AM   #5
pochercoaster
rollerpocher tycoon

Thanks Nique!

Strangely, I don't really have trouble with hands. I think it's cause when I started drawing everyone talked about how difficult hands were so I spent a lot of time practicing drawing them. (Though the hands aren't really present on the bikini lady- I did add them in more detail but haven't scanned that version yet.)

This has instead left me with occasional difficulties when it comes to drawing legs (as you can see in my second drawing they are somewhat laboured).

Drawing a straight-up facial profile is also troublesome. I had to go through dozens of reference photos and paintings before I was satisfied with it. In fact I can't remember ever drawing a profile I was happy with before this one.

Here is another sketch that I started a few months ago and haven't touched since (but intend to finish.) It's cut off oddly because this one doesn't fit on my scanner.

After getting the anatomy down I kind of added in a bunch of ideas but didn't really tie them together in a satisfactory way. At first I wanted to give her wings, but then I also gave her long hair and wasn't sure how to draw wings properly emerging from her back in addition to hair cascading down around them. Then I gave her horns and tattoos because why not? And now it's a hodgepodge. I'll probably just nix the wings and focus on tattoos and hair. The hair will probably be re-drawn to look more wild/dirty/tangled with twigs and stuff sticking out of it, if I can find some good references.

Unread 01-06-2017, 04:21 AM   #6
Nique
Niqo Niqo Nii~

Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pochercoaster View Post
Thanks Nique!

...At first I wanted to give her wings, but then I also gave her long hair and wasn't sure how to draw wings properly emerging from her back in addition to hair cascading down around them. Then I gave her horns and tattoos because why not? And now it's a hodgepodge.
You're welcome! Also she probably would be right at home in Portland if you added a bagpipe and a unicycle (just kidding, this looks great. also i can say shit like that about Portland cause yeeesh this city)
Unread 01-09-2017, 12:40 AM   #7
pochercoaster
rollerpocher tycoon

Okay, so I'm at the point where I THINK I'm done with the anatomy of this picture, but I'm not super satisfied with it and after staring at it for awhile I can't tell if I should leave the anatomy (particulary the arms) alone and proceed with clothing/background details or not.

Here is my latest version:

Here is a slightly edited version I made up in Paint.net, which looks (to me) a bit more proportional but maybe not 'cause again, been staring at this for too long. Also I'm going to tweak her waist a little bit.

So, my question is: how's the anatomy look now? How convincing is it? Does the edited version look better? Does anything stick out as wonky?

Here is my reference photo, which is really low-res. As you can see, the arms in the photo are foreshortened and the perspective is slightly different. Now, my goal with this drawing was to do something fun and easy, but now I'm wondering if the inaccuracies are too glaring. There is a degree of accuracy that is lost when translating your reference into art, of course, and 100% accuracy isn't the goal, but it needs to be convincing.

I'm eager to finish up with the anatomy and move on to the detail, because I found this 3D printed top which inspired me. Instead of a bikini, which is boring, she's going to have multicoloured swirls dripping off of her.

Last edited by pochercoaster; 01-09-2017 at 12:46 AM.