The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 06-02-2004, 09:12 PM   #1
Aerozord
So we are clear

Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was.
Send a message via AIM to Aerozord Send a message via MSN to Aerozord Send a message via Yahoo to Aerozord
Default Favorite non-japanese Anime

ok whats your favorite non-japanese anime. Just so we are clear it is anime so cartoons like sealab and family guy dont count. Looking for things like Ninja Turtles, Megas XRL, and (the orignal) transformers.

Mine is Megas XLR, funny as family guy but with the butt kicking of DBZ
Unread 06-02-2004, 09:40 PM   #2
Kenryoku_Maxis
87% Pokemon Master

Kenryoku_Maxis is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Kenryoku_Maxis

Careful. Although some (not all) people in Japan classify anything Animation as 'Anime', some major American fans of Japanese Animation will think any of those shows are not Anime (except I believe Transformers was made in Japan).

Maybe you should specify it as Animated Series or 'Cartoons' that resemble or take influence from Anime, such as Samurai Jack and the evils of Girl Squad.

Star Trek > Star Wars. But both are irreversibly off-track. Just realize we can always trust in the sanctity of Indiana Jones and the Simpsons! Oh wait...
Kenryoku_Maxis is offline Add to Kenryoku_Maxis's Reputation  
Unread 06-02-2004, 09:44 PM   #3
Aerozord
So we are clear

Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was.
Send a message via AIM to Aerozord Send a message via MSN to Aerozord Send a message via Yahoo to Aerozord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenryoku_Maxis
Careful. Although some (not all) people in Japan classify anything Animation as 'Anime', some major American fans of Japanese Animation will think any of those shows are not Anime (except I believe Transformers was made in Japan).

Maybe you should specify it as Animated Series or 'Cartoons' that resemble or take influence from Anime, such as Samurai Jack and the evils of Girl Squad.
Well I think of anime as an artistic style then cartoons from Japan. As for transformers the origanal was american all others are from Japan
Unread 06-02-2004, 09:53 PM   #4
Otaku Son
Sent to the cornfield

Otaku Son is an unknown quantity at this point.

You should specify "Japanese-style cartoons." And actually, yes, all people in Japan use "anime" as means of identifying any and all animation.

As for the orignal Transformers, it was made in America, but drawn by Japanese.

And as the original Transformers is the only Japanese-style cartoon I've seen, I'm going with that for my favorite.

Also, are you typing of the old or new TMNT?
Otaku Son is offline Add to Otaku Son's Reputation  
Unread 06-02-2004, 10:12 PM   #5
BMHadoken

The new bastardized crap they have on Cartoon Network I'm guessing...the old good stuff was pure hokey America.
Add to BMHadoken's Reputation  
Unread 06-02-2004, 10:25 PM   #6
Fifthfiend
for all seasons

Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.
Send a message via AIM to Fifthfiend

The Noozles was the shit.

Last edited by Fifthfiend; 06-02-2004 at 10:29 PM.
Fifthfiend is offline Add to Fifthfiend's Reputation  
Unread 06-03-2004, 09:30 AM   #7
Aerozord
So we are clear

ok I am talking about the more action oriented cartoons. There doesn't need to be blood and gore but things should die, get hurt, or smashed very very often.
Unread 06-03-2004, 10:15 AM   #8
Kenryoku_Maxis
87% Pokemon Master

Kenryoku_Maxis is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Kenryoku_Maxis

Then say the 'American Animations that seem to take influences from Action Oriented Anime'. (Note: Action or violence is not the standard in Anime, it only appears that way since 90% of the shows brought over to American TV are that way).

Star Trek > Star Wars. But both are irreversibly off-track. Just realize we can always trust in the sanctity of Indiana Jones and the Simpsons! Oh wait...
Kenryoku_Maxis is offline Add to Kenryoku_Maxis's Reputation  
Unread 06-03-2004, 02:11 PM   #9
Aerozord
So we are clear

look it has been stated that I am asking for action based cartoons (it is anime as far as I am concerned no matter where it is from). So as long as the person reads the post they know what I mean
Unread 06-03-2004, 02:37 PM   #10
BMHadoken

Soo...Dexters Lab is out I take it...
Add to BMHadoken's Reputation