The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 01-10-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
Julford Hajime
Monty Mole

Julford Hajime is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Julford Hajime is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Julford Hajime is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings.
Send a message via MSN to Julford Hajime
Default Nuklear Age; Bookmarks and Information?

Okay, so I saw this in someone's signature some time ago; I copied it, saved it to my comp, then uploaded it onto imageshack:

I liked this, but didn't like the phrase Civil War to the left of the picture. So, by cropping just the picture, widening it, and then pasting it back onto the original, I created this (I hit some button at one point, and the picture's colors changed a little. I liked it, so I kept the change):

Anywho, onto the relevence with the thread title; I'm had to do a book report on a "Great American Novel," so I chose Nuklear Age. I needed some sort of prop to use besides the book itself (While wearing a Nuklear Man/Atomik Lad outfit woulda been nice, I didn't have the time, spandex, or knowledge required to actually MAKE the outfits), so I decided to print out multiple copies of the latter picture, cut them out, and distribute them as bookmarks.

The class in general seemed to really like the book, and were wondering if there was any other information that they could get on the book, besides what I could offer them (I won't loan the book out to any of them, because it's binding is about to fall off... Yes, I take bad care of my books ), since the book itself is rather expensive. I pointed out the Wikipdia article, but that doesn't contain much about what makes the book great, to be honest.

Oh, and the reasoning for I had to give to call this book a "Great American Novel"? My words were "Mr. Clevinger created a whole new sub-genre within the fiction genre- he has not only made a superhero novel, but a superhero-comedy novel, something that didn't exist before-hand."

Yeah, I got an A .
Julford Hajime is offline Add to Julford Hajime's Reputation  
Unread 01-10-2007, 04:18 PM   #2
Sharmandra
Troopa

Sharmandra is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Bookmark image is blurry, but its nice.

And there is ALWAYS time for superhero outfits.
Sharmandra is offline Add to Sharmandra's Reputation  
Unread 01-11-2007, 07:03 AM   #3
Julford Hajime
Monty Mole

Julford Hajime is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Julford Hajime is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Julford Hajime is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings.
Send a message via MSN to Julford Hajime

Feh; there's always time to WEAR the outfits; making them is a whole 'nother matter...

And I knew the image would be blurry; I simply expanded the image already in the original, as opposed to actually scanning my book cover, and using part of that instead. But still... For all of about 10 minutes of work (Most of it figuring out Microsoft Photo Editor), it turned out okay.
Julford Hajime is offline Add to Julford Hajime's Reputation