The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Playing Games
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 04-03-2017, 10:35 PM   #31
Krylo
The Straightest Shota

Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat].

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickZarber View Post
Krylo, thank you for taking the time to try it out! I'm very glad to know it at least worked for somebody.
Well I support anyone getting into game development even if it is just on a RPGMaker level--and RPGMaker games can still be quite good, so I wanted to see if I could help narrow things down on what was wrong.

Hopefully knowing it works on my system helps narrow it down to 'the game isn't broken, but it doesn't work on specific builds' and now you can just needle Phil and Hawk about their systems and look for specific help on getting it to work with that. (Although apparently there is no help for Phil and his linux nonsense). Also: If you want more information on my system build you can ask. I don't know what would be helpful or not, particularly as it actually works for me, but if something would be I can provide.

Plus, my insatiable ego demanded to know if I was in the game and in what propensity.

(Also: For the final release, put in a sprint button or something. I forgot how painfully slow movement is in old jrpgs before FF6 made sprint shoes a thing. Maybe just straight up put in sprint shoes.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarecobra View Post
The "Turn on NPC names" gave an error for me, but when I left them off, it worked fine.
Started the game up again and turned on NPC names to test this. Still worked for me with NPC names on. At least long enough to leave the house and bother Philbo.

Although I prefer it with them off.
Unread 04-04-2017, 06:36 AM   #32
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylo View Post
(Also: For the final release, put in a sprint button or something. I forgot how painfully slow movement is in old jrpgs before FF6 made sprint shoes a thing. Maybe just straight up put in sprint shoes.)
Did'ja press Shift to dash?
Unread 04-04-2017, 12:20 PM   #33
The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk
War Incarnate

The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk's Avatar

The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Send a message via MSN to The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk

TypeError
Undefined is not a function

Is the message I get when attempting to leave the house.

And opening up the index file immediately gets me;

Error
Failed to load: data/Actors.json

Could just be my old and shitty xp laptop that's the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azisien View Post
"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR I AM A GIANT SPACE TURTLE!!!"
PSN - Hawk_of_Battle
The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is offline Add to The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2017, 03:36 PM   #34
RickZarber
Please Be Well

RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarecobra View Post
The "Turn on NPC names" gave an error for me, but when I left them off, it worked fine.
Was this only from the main menu, starting a new game, or did it happen if you turned that option on in-game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope View Post
I better be the super omg character! Otherwise I will give it a bad review*
You are not in the demo, but I fully intend to include you in the game. (In fact your sprite is there, just not actually utilized on a map you have access to in the demo.) The main reason a bunch of people don't show up at the beginning of the game is because they show up later in the comic wanting to join the quest, and if they were there for Rick to ask at the beginning, it wouldn't make sense. The only exception to this is PyrosNine, and we came up for another reason he couldn't join (turned it into part of a side-quest).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylo View Post
Plus, my insatiable ego demanded to know if I was in the game and in what propensity.

Heheh, of course you'd be there! Can't have you involved too much, since you were a mod at the time and the story by necessity has to take place behind the mods' backs, but I want to include everyone as much as I can.

But again, I appreciate your help! I was starting to despair a little when all I was hearing was it wasn't working. I've been doing this as a hobby, so coming up against barriers I don't know how to surpass when trying to share the results has been frustrating.

And yeah, as Phil noted, you can totally run!

As for Phil and Hawk...
I don't even really know where to begin troubleshooting... It does seem that the games just don't want to work properly on some builds. I'll try to do some more internet research.

Last edited by RickZarber; 04-04-2017 at 03:39 PM.
RickZarber is offline Add to RickZarber's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2017, 05:10 PM   #35
Flarecobra
Burn.

Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.
Send a message via AIM to Flarecobra Send a message via Yahoo to Flarecobra

From the main menu, Rick.

Rules. Read them, know them, love them.
Flarecobra is offline Add to Flarecobra's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2017, 09:17 PM   #36
RickZarber
Please Be Well

RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier.

Sorry, I meant, only from that, or also if you turn it on in-game?
Unread 04-04-2017, 10:28 PM   #37
mauve
So Dreamy

mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.

This is so awesome, Rick! There's so many details! I'm really impressed with this.

I had one glitch-- Rick froze when I tried to go behind the bar in the pub and I had to close the game and start over. Other than that, it ran perfectly on the Windows version for me.
Unread 04-04-2017, 10:41 PM   #38
RickZarber
Please Be Well

Augh, that's so weird. He's supposed to just take a step backwards. I have no idea what could've crashed it there...

I'm glad the rest of it worked for you though!
Unread 04-04-2017, 10:44 PM   #39
mauve
So Dreamy

mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.

Hmm... I was facing the wall with the bar directly behind me, so maybe it froze because the sprite couldn't actually move backwards.
Unread 04-05-2017, 12:55 AM   #40
RickZarber
Please Be Well

Ah, okay, yeah I was able to reproduce the freeze, yeah. You must've had to be facing up and slide diagonally into position, and then, yeah, it tried to back up but couldn't. A downside of the plug-in that allows 8-directional movement. I should be able to fix this instance by telling him to step right instead of back, though.