The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Playing Games
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 03-27-2017, 03:32 AM   #131
Nique
Niqo Niqo Nii~

Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

I bought Mass Effect: Andromeda. Haven't started yet but have begun catching wind of some pretty terrible reviews. How is it possible for this to look worse than the last gen???
Unread 03-31-2017, 04:48 PM   #132
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

Steam is having an animu sale this weekend. I already bought an animu. It was fun but badly needs a level editor (done in two hours), as well as an option to mute the voices because wow they're bad. Still, Forward to the Sky isn't terrible for a couple bucks. I might see how fast I can run it, for giggles.

More relevantly, Skullgirls is heavily discounted, if there's anyone who hasn't pulled that trigger yet who wants to do so.
Unread 03-31-2017, 08:35 PM   #133
MuMu
Rocky Wrench

MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know!

The first Overlord is FREE on the Codemasters store. It's an edgy Pikmin, if you're into that sort of thing.

Also Titanfall 2 has a free weekend and is 50% at the Origina store.
MuMu is offline Add to MuMu's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2017, 09:58 PM   #134
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

I gots a Steam coupon for 40% off Inside. It's some nonsense by them folks what made Limbo, and it's Windows only. Anyone want it? It expires on the 17th.
Unread 04-08-2017, 07:03 AM   #135
MuMu
Rocky Wrench

MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know!

Trails In The Sky 3rd coming to PC in May, Trails of Cold Steel on summer, Cold Steel 2 "someday"

And I'm not even done with Sky 1...
Unread 04-08-2017, 09:43 AM   #136
Solid Snake
Erotic Esquire

Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way.
Send a message via AIM to Solid Snake
Dreadful

Having played Cold Steel 1 and 2 on the Vita / PS3, I can strongly recommend them both, particularly since it sounds like they're now actually taking advantage of the PC release to fully voice Rean's lines.

It's great to compare and contrast the Cold Steel titles with Persona 5 as Cold Steel borrows a lot of the Persona formula (a protagonist in high school, maintaining social links, etc.) but the women in Cold Steel just have so much more agency and feel better fleshed out as independent, autonomous characters with their own unique perspectives and agendas. That's true of the entire cast, for the record (the men are generally much better written as well) but I really just feel like Cold Steel's writers could teach Atlus a thing or two on writing believable and respectful romances among likable and supportive characters who never descend to douchebaggery for cheap laughs. The way supporting characters on the team butt heads and at times undermine each other for personal or political gain reminds me, if anything, more of Bioware's approach to adversarial character development in games like Dragon Age Inquisition.

The plot's a bit slow (the first half of the entirety of the first game crawls at a snail's pace) but once shit hits the fan and everything picks up, it gets exciting in a hurry. The battle system is a pretty standard combination of turn-based elements you've seen before in the Tales and Final Fantasy series but it's executed well. And the music is exquisite -- maybe not quite on the level of Persona 5's when it comes to recent JRPG releases (and certainly leagues below NieR's) but still among the better OSTs I've heard in gaming over the past decade.
Unread 04-10-2017, 07:00 AM   #137
Tev
Funka has spoken!

Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know!

I just picked up Don't Starve, Pocket Edition for iOS. I'm loving this game, though I am a little sad that I am only just now finding out about it. Most of the people I want to geek out with about it played it on Steam a year or more ago.

I have spoken.
Tev is offline Add to Tev's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2017, 12:49 PM   #138
Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope
Definitely NOT a samurai

Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope's Avatar

Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero.

Finished Final Fantasy XV last night. I cried at the ending

Lost in the Music ~ On Hiatus

Tales of a Torn World ~ World Building
Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is offline Add to Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2017, 07:40 AM   #139
Ryong
Professional Threadkiller

Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson.
Send a message via Skype™ to Ryong

I've been sort of finally working on my backlog; I grabbed Nier Automata on launch and beat it 100% as fast as I could, then went back to playing Tales of Berseria, which I also finished now. I've also been playing a lot of Sword Art Online Hollow Realization on the vita because there was a big update and I managed to get a lot of stuff done in it.

Now for my super great review of Tales of Berseria:

It's good. It takes a bit to really get going and the group's motivation for staying together early on don't exactly work, but eventually that sorts itself out and it's all good. The combat can be a bit complicated with the absurd amount of artes and how each arte has an enemy category that it's strong against and an element ( or two ), but some enemies you can't really exploit their weaknesses at all with certain characters - from what I recall, Velvet gets a single arte strong against Armored enemies and it's earth elemental, so if you fight an Armored enemy that's strong against Earth, you can't exploit it its type weakness with Velvet.

The bad parts...Velvet's outfit is atrocious; I ended up using her prologue outfit for most of the game because of it.
The music is rather bland and nothing really stands out.
Something about the game being the first with an actual female protagonist but then also be about Reason vs Emotions and then having the big bad be a stoic guy fighting a berserking girl who wants to hellmurder him strikes me as one step forward, one step backwards.
Ryong is offline Add to Ryong's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2017, 05:57 PM   #140
MuMu
Rocky Wrench

Blizzard announced a while ago that the classic Starcraft would get a remaster, hd textures, 4k resolution, the whole deal. But that's old news; what's important now is that the original version of both Starcraft and Brood War are now FREE, just download and play as much as you wish.