The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Bullshit Mountain
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 09-11-2017, 12:27 AM   #1
Seil
Super stressed!

Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana.
Default "Because It Made Me Cry" or "Proper Motivational Videos"

So the world's going the way of VHS and Laser Discs, but I saw this recently.

I've struggled for a long time with motivation; the idea that I need a rousing speech to get out of bed in the morning, the idea that I need someone barking orders at me, someone depending on me, friends at the finish line, a cheering crowd that's going to thrust water at me every time I exercise.

That's never going to happen. Not now, probably ever. People have their own demons. Nobody is going to cheer me on, they don't even know me. So how am I going to accomplish what I want?

I want to be a nurse with buns of steel who works in a pediatric ward making sick kids happy. Currently, I'm in the middle of getting there. I drag myself out of bed five minutes after the alarm goes off, though. I know what I want, I have an idea of how to get there, but it's a slog.

I've discovered it's discipline. Forcing yourself out of bed in the morning, forcing yourself to choke down kale and chicken breast is where it's at.

Seriously.

I realize that I need to kick my own ass rather then waiting for someone to do it for me. Motivation is nothing compared to disciplining yourself. Success comes to the people who work for it, who put the hours in, who slog, who grind, who sweat and cry and fall over but get up to do it again tomorrow.

Sounds good, right? Feel motivated? Are you going to keep feeling motivated at six in the morning tomorrow? Because yesterday you said tomorrow.

But I'm not talking about exercise. ...Maybe I am, but that's just my opening statement. I have an essay. tl;dr.

There's a lot I can say that's influenced my life, whether it be a song, a movie, a person, a book, a picture, an accident, a quote, abuse, bullying, suicide attempt or whatever. Things that helped me see who I wanted to become.

Things like this:

I mean, holy shit. That's... fuck, man.

You can hear a lot of stories about people being good to each other. That's who I want to be; a good person. There's so much wrong with the world right now, there's so much hate and pain and people suffering. This inspires me, this moves me, more than I know. Even if the most I can do is donate to charity.

There was a protest in Toronto while I was living there in defiance of Trump's rhetoric. I didn't participate. I don't participate in a lot, because I'm a basket case. I regret not going. But while I'm not suggesting people do something crazy, I want people to post here.

I want to know what's motivated or inspired you.

Not that bullshit "I heard a rousing speech and for five minutes I thought of doing some crunches," no. What's something that's helped you become who you are today?

Because, fuck, man... or girl, feminism and all that, we can do so much good in the world.

You can make so many people happy with the smallest thing.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Last edited by Seil; 09-11-2017 at 12:40 AM.
Seil is offline Add to Seil's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2017, 01:45 PM   #2
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_
mIrAcLeS You asked

Laziness and the patience and sacrifice of others is what made me what I am today. That I have a decent life is a clear indicator that the world is unjust.