The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 08-02-2009, 03:08 AM   #1
Kim
adorable

Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.
Default Gamepad Dojo Back

Gamepad Dojo is now on Wordpress!

As is already apparent, all the reviews from the old site are gone. There are three reasons for this.

1. Wanted to change the focus a bit more towards entertaining reviews.

2. Decided to stick with one scoring system across all the reviews.

3. I wasn't happy with the quality of my older reviews.

So here's what we've got so far...

Disclaimer: Scoring

Phoenix Wright Trilogy Review by NonCon (Four Objections Out of Five)

Final Fantasy IV DS Review by NonCon (Three Golby's Out of Five)

MadWorld Review by Mirai (Four Street Lamp Impaled Faces Out of Five)

God Hand Review by NonCon (Five God Hands Out of Five)

Fight Club Review by Mirai (Nothing Out of Five)

New Prince of Persia Review by NonCon (Nothing Out of Five)

Prototype Review by Mirai (Four Inappropriately Invasive Tentacles Out of Five)

Last edited by Kim; 08-16-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Kim is offline Add to Kim's Reputation  
Unread 08-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
Mirai Gen
We are Geth.

Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

I am incredibly embarrassed about the way I rated Prototype. If it didn't make me laugh I'd change it.

I'm curious to see what you guys think since we revamped the Dojo.
Unread 08-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
Belm
Troopa

Belm is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

I like it, the reviews are entertaining and easy to read.
Belm is offline Add to Belm's Reputation  
Unread 08-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #4
Mirai Gen
We are Geth.

Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Noncon does Vagrant Story, and I froth at the mouth and spit bile at Street Fighter 4. It's funny!
Unread 08-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #5
Kim
adorable

Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.

I really enjoyed reviewing Vagrant Story. There's something about reviewing a really good game and explaining why it's so awesome that is just fun to me. Also, part of me wants to switch out using the Blood Sin symbol from the game for the review with some assless chaps. Ashley dresses so ridiculous.
Unread 08-14-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
Ryong
Professional Threadkiller

Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson.
Send a message via Skype™ to Ryong

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonCon View Post
I really enjoyed reviewing Vagrant Story. There's something about reviewing a really good game and explaining why it's so awesome that is just fun to me. Also, part of me wants to switch out using the Blood Sin symbol from the game for the review with some assless chaps. Ashley dresses so ridiculous.
His antagonist shares his taste for clothes. I presume that Isaac from Castlevania Curse of Darkness learnt how to dress from them.

I'll say, though, that's a solid review. The fusing system really needed some improvement to know what the result was. One thing you didn't mention is that the risk system sometimes will screw you up completely: In the late part of the game, you can barely combo at all or you'll get OHKO'd. It's insane.
Ryong is offline Add to Ryong's Reputation  
Unread 08-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #7
Kim
adorable

I actually combo'd the final boss quite a bit, and so long as I was full health before his OHKO attack I'd usually survive. I also abused Vera roots and herbs, too, though, so that helped.
Unread 08-16-2009, 03:33 AM   #8
Mirai Gen
We are Geth.

Anyone have anything to say about the site? Anything at all? The reviews, maybe?

Um, please? Or I won't be your friend?
Unread 08-16-2009, 11:45 PM   #9
Kim
adorable

So, we're in need of a logo. Badly. We're trying to do more things to advertise the site, and an actual logo or mascot or anything really would be marvelous. Problem: I can't draw for crap. Is there anyone who'd be interest in either drawing us a logo, or a mascot, or even taking a picture of a gamepad or Guitar Hero guitar with our site's name stickered on to it? I'm particularly broke at the moment, so I wouldn't be able to pay, but you would get mad props up on the site.
Unread 08-17-2009, 12:24 AM   #10
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

If I had anything to spend mad props on, I'd help, but I don't. Also, I suck. However, I'll answer Mirai's post by saying I read your reviews and am entertained by them, but that's all I have to say.