The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 08-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
Pip Boy
Sent to the cornfield

Pip Boy single-handedly slew a dragon. Pip Boy single-handedly slew a dragon. Pip Boy single-handedly slew a dragon. Pip Boy single-handedly slew a dragon. Pip Boy single-handedly slew a dragon. Pip Boy single-handedly slew a dragon.
Default World of Warcraft just patched

The one patch to RULE THEM ALL

-Mounts 4 Free 2 All levels Lawl

-Twinks have their own private BG's where those of use who aren't cave dwelling trolls needn't bother with them.

-Instances and Raids can be "saved" with a special ID that allows you to pick up where you left off another day. This may well be the end of ginormous fucking 10 hour raiding marathons.

*yaaaaay*

Last edited by Pip Boy; 08-04-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Pip Boy is offline Add to Pip Boy's Reputation  
Unread 08-04-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
42PETUNIAS
helloooo!

42PETUNIAS is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light. 42PETUNIAS is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light.
Send a message via AIM to 42PETUNIAS Send a message via MSN to 42PETUNIAS Send a message via Skype™ to 42PETUNIAS

I gotta say, I'm really impressed with how Blizzard dealt with twinks. That shit is elegant.
Unread 08-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
Pip Boy
Sent to the cornfield

Pip Boy single-handedly slew a dragon. Pip Boy single-handedly slew a dragon. Pip Boy single-handedly slew a dragon. Pip Boy single-handedly slew a dragon. Pip Boy single-handedly slew a dragon. Pip Boy single-handedly slew a dragon.

Now I'm just pissed that they released this patch on teusday morning.

Gotta wait till noon to actually go and play it.
Unread 08-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #4
TheWolf13
Howdy

Location: Saint Louis, Missouri; Gateway to the west or something like that
TheWolf13 is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Yeah I think I more excited about the twinking than anything else. It makes them happy because it is now easier and at the same keeps them out of everyone else's hair. I do predict that there will be alot less twinks now. I think some of the appeal was to beat up on weaker players.

I'm not sure how I feel about the changes to Wintergrasp. I like the fact that it wasn't like all the other Battlegrounds and required actual pre-battle organization.

I do like Battlegrounds experience. I love battlegrounds but only did them on my pre-80's when I had a quest because it took away from grinding time.

I'm not sure about all the other changes because I don't understand the math of the game that well. I guess I'll find out through trial and error.
TheWolf13 is offline Add to TheWolf13's Reputation  
Unread 08-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
Mirai Gen
We are Geth.

Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman FTW View Post
-Mounts 4 Free 2 All levels Lawl
I have to wonder how many things Blizzard is going to 'fix' before they run out.
Unread 08-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #6
01d55
Not 55 years old.

01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero.

Quote:
-Instances and Raids can be "saved" with a special ID that allows you to pick up where you left off another day. This may well be the end of ginormous fucking 10 hour raiding marathons.
Clearly you have never raided. This system has been in the game since Molten Core. The saved ID automatically resets every week (server maintenance is set up to happen at this time, but if for some reason they do maintenance on a different day the ID still resets on the same day)

The change this patch is that you can elect to prevent last week's ID from resetting.
01d55 is offline Add to 01d55's Reputation  
Unread 08-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #7
Random Ninja
Canada's Secret Weapon.

Random Ninja will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.
Send a message via AIM to Random Ninja Send a message via MSN to Random Ninja

So, this is the beloved 'Vanilla Patch' everyone's been waiting for?
:rmage: :You know, the last time we screwed with Canada, they burned down the White House (circa 1812AD, Planet Earth). Ever since then, they've been sitting up there...waiting... Waiting for us to let down our guard...I wouldn't be caught dead saying anything bad about those brave, handsome psychopathic pyros up in the Great White North. Not when we're 0 for 1.

Robots, Cyborgs and various other over powered mechano-men!
Random Ninja is offline Add to Random Ninja's Reputation  
Unread 08-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #8
Pip Boy
Sent to the cornfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01d55 View Post
Clearly you have never raided. This system has been in the game since Molten Core. The saved ID automatically resets every week (server maintenance is set up to happen at this time, but if for some reason they do maintenance on a different day the ID still resets on the same day)

The change this patch is that you can elect to prevent last week's ID from resetting.
Apprently the option has just been stuck in some obscure Cthulhu Fthagan corner of the UI where no one has ever seen or heard of it then.
Unread 08-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #9
POS Industries
Argus Agony

POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.
Send a message via AIM to POS Industries

I am terrified to log in and find out how much my PvE DPS has been nerfed in the name of PvP balance.

I've been dreading this day for weeks.
Unread 08-04-2009, 05:03 PM   #10
01d55
Not 55 years old.

01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero.

Quote:
Apprently the option has just been stuck in some obscure Cthulhu Fthagan corner of the UI where no one has ever seen or heard of it then.
The 'option' is not optional - it happens automatically as soon as you kill a boss, and you're the last person on earth not to know about it.

Nobody but you ever thought that it wasn't possible to leave off in the middle of, say, Naxxramas, and come back the next day and all the bosses you killed would be back. (Unless it was Monday.)

At first you had to input some weird slash command to see your raid ID (if you had to tell a GM or figure out if you were saved to the same ID) but now (since Wrath came out, if not before) there's a button in the raid frame that you can push to see a list of things you are saved to and their IDs. It's on the top, on the right.

Again, the only change this patch is the option to extend last week's ID to this week (unless it was already extended).
01d55 is offline Add to 01d55's Reputation