The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 05-02-2006, 12:48 PM   #1
PhoenixFlame
☢!CAUTION!☢

PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy. PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy. PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy.
Default Exalted 1ed: The Age of Sorrows [System Based, Invite Only] [Interest Thread]

Do not believe what the scientists tell you. The natural history we know is a lie, a falsehood sold to us by wicked old men who would make the world a dull gray prison and protect us from the dangers inherent to freedom. They would have you believe our planet to be a lonely starship, hurtling through the void of space, barren of magic and in need of a stern hand upon the rudder.

Close your eyes to their deception. The time before our time was not a time of senseless natural struggle and reptilian rage, but a time of myth and sorcery. It was a time of legend, when heroes walked creation and wielded the very power of the gods. It was a time before the world was bent, a time before the magic of Creation lessened, a time before the souls of men became the stunted, withered things they are today.

This is the story of that time.

This is the story of the Exalted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, Ladies and Gents, Mortals and Immortals, to Phoenixflame’s story-hour. Several of you have voiced your interest in playing White-Wolf’s Exalted™ setting, but as you’re rarely on at the same time for instant messaging, it leaves me forced to run this game on the forums.

DISCLAIMER!: This setting is (relatively) heavily system-based. There are several freeform elements, but it is fundamentally dissimilar to other games run here on the NPF. If this disturbs you, please turn back now. Additionally, I’m considering this more or less invite-only except with special exceptions; for those I’ve talked to over AIM and MSN are the only ones I’ve gone into depth about the complexities of the system with. You know who you are.

I feel more or less confident that, Dragonsbane’s assistance willing… I can move along a decently run Exalted game for those of you interested. While I dislike Storytelling, this looks like the way it’s got to go.

The first order of business is for those of you interested to help brainstorm ideas of the story and what you and your characters motivations are. The Exalted of creation are grand and driven beings, and they all have driving passions that lead them to greatness. This story will follow a perfect circle of solar characters and the accompanying supporting roles.

So, I need the following…

1.) What you want to see from this game.
2.) What character you wish to play. ((Type and Caste))
3.) Your character’s motivations.
4.) Where your character is from.
5.) How we shall deal with tactical maps and such. I really have no experience with this.

Once we’ve got that down, we can hammer out everyone’s character sheets and get the show on the road! So, what do you say, NPF? Are you bad enough dudes and dudettes to be Exalted?

Last edited by PhoenixFlame; 05-02-2006 at 12:57 PM.
PhoenixFlame is offline Add to PhoenixFlame's Reputation  
Unread 05-02-2006, 02:31 PM   #2
Nikose Tyris
Trash Goblin

Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday!
Send a message via AIM to Nikose Tyris Send a message via MSN to Nikose Tyris Send a message via Yahoo to Nikose Tyris Send a message via Skype™ to Nikose Tyris

*interest!*
I totally am, I have have a character sheet or SEVEN ready, and I've been WAITING for this RP. *drools*
I want my Eclipse to be AWESOME. nuff said.
Solar Exalted: Eclipse
A paitent, caring warrior who wants to see peace spread over the realm.
From the east, around Nexus. A hopeful man growing up in a politically dead city.
5.) How we shall deal with tactical maps and such. I really have no experience with this.
I shall email you a map of the entire realm, showing every detail of the world, including heavenly gateways, map, Tribe locations, AND shadowlands. ^^

Last edited by Nikose Tyris; 05-02-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Nikose Tyris is offline Add to Nikose Tyris's Reputation  
Unread 05-02-2006, 03:38 PM   #3
Raiden
Just a passing through veteran

Raiden is so pumped up.
Send a message via AIM to Raiden Send a message via MSN to Raiden Send a message via Skype™ to Raiden

Honestly...it's exalted. I want to see Epic incarnate.

Solar Exalted: Zenith

He is an extremely charismatic young man that is simply trying to find where he belongs in this world.

Originally from the Blessed Isle, though for obvious reasons can never safely go back.

Well, it seems Nikose has that covered.
I have a signature. It's a really cool one, too. It's so awesome, you'd pull your eyes out and punch your mother. Sadly, these rules state that my signature is just too darned big. Too much awesome for such a small space. Oh well. You can still punch your mother...if you want...

Fifth and Krylo made me do it.

http://www.animecubed.com/billy/user...sigs/60266.jpg
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Raiden is offline Add to Raiden's Reputation  
Unread 05-02-2006, 03:46 PM   #4
Mesden
There is no Toph, only Melon Lord!

Mesden can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mesden can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mesden can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mesden can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mesden can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mesden can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mesden can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Send a message via AIM to Mesden

Ditto it be.

Solar Exalted: Zenith (Again with the dittos...)

Epitome of human beauty and a drifter by way of her earlier life. Getting by on looks and skills alone for a large portion of her life.

From Thorn, which has a great influence on her actions in life.

5.) How we shall deal with tactical maps and such.

Seems there is a triplet of dittos today, good folks.
Unread 05-03-2006, 12:12 PM   #5
Dragonsbane
Villainous Archmage

Dragonsbane is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Dragonsbane Send a message via MSN to Dragonsbane Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonsbane

1. You know what I want to see. Epic stunt-fu, wuxia ninja fighting, and epic battles for love and honor woven across the grand tapestry of the Loom and Fight that span the entire Realm.
2. Night or Twilight Caste. Probably Night. Call it unoriginal, but with all of the canon pirate Solars I will probably play a ninja-type.
3. Undecided, I like to tinker a bit with the character before I decide that. Perhaps returning his family/clan to prominence.
4. The Realm, raised in the far South.
5. I have a map, yes I do, although Nikose apparently possesses the same one.
Dragonsbane is offline Add to Dragonsbane's Reputation  
Unread 05-04-2006, 09:31 AM   #6
Nikose Tyris
Trash Goblin

Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday!
Send a message via AIM to Nikose Tyris Send a message via MSN to Nikose Tyris Send a message via Yahoo to Nikose Tyris Send a message via Skype™ to Nikose Tyris

I'm totally not a pirate. ><

Can we find smaller maps though? The biggy is useful, but Phoenix needs the smaller stuff with the tiny details; buildings, trails, etc. If anyone has any of that, it would be helpful. All I have is my Yu Shan map, and I'd like a copy of all the maps too!
Unread 05-04-2006, 09:48 AM   #7
Raiden
Just a passing through veteran

Raiden is so pumped up.
Send a message via AIM to Raiden Send a message via MSN to Raiden Send a message via Skype™ to Raiden

I have an idea for plot!

Well...more like something I talked about with Phoenix, and I feel like tossing out.

A group of Bishie Dragon Bloods are hunting down our group...likely because of the known Anathema in their midst, Tomasu.
I have a signature. It's a really cool one, too. It's so awesome, you'd pull your eyes out and punch your mother. Sadly, these rules state that my signature is just too darned big. Too much awesome for such a small space. Oh well. You can still punch your mother...if you want...

Fifth and Krylo made me do it.

http://www.animecubed.com/billy/user...sigs/60266.jpg
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Raiden is offline Add to Raiden's Reputation  
Unread 05-04-2006, 09:52 AM   #8
PhoenixFlame
☢!CAUTION!☢

PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy. PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy. PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy.

*Whacks Raiden* That was my plan for when you guys weren't doing anything cool enough.

But yes, Tactical maps are necessary, as in, small, DnD-style area mappages so I can keep track of where everyone is in relation to everyone else.
Unread 05-04-2006, 02:00 PM   #9
Nikose Tyris
Trash Goblin

...Just to Sumerize then, we have a Night Caste (DB) An Eclipse (Me,) And Mesden and Raiden are both Zenith... is that okay? A perfect circle would only have one... Just thought I'd bring it up so those two could decide who gets which, if it's only one. ^^ Phoenix, which Caste have you decided on?
Unread 05-04-2006, 03:00 PM   #10
Dragonsbane
Villainous Archmage

Dragonsbane is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Dragonsbane Send a message via MSN to Dragonsbane Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonsbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden
I have an idea for plot!

Well...more like something I talked about with Phoenix, and I feel like tossing out.

A group of Bishie Dragon Bloods are hunting down our group...likely because of the known Anathema in their midst, Tomasu.
Better idea. Magical Girl Dragonbloods. With a ridiculous name like Pretty Dragon Sisterhood.

Possibly trained by a stronger group, older Magical Girl Sidereals...with an equally silly name, and a strong belief in the Bronze faction and, "KEJAK-SENSEEEEIII!"
Dragonsbane is offline Add to Dragonsbane's Reputation