The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 10-03-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
Nique
Niqo Niqo Nii~

Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.
Default RPG Battle II: The Sequel (Signup Thread)

Since the first game has met with some success (and appears to be almost over), I'm going to open positions for the next game.

The classes have been rebalanced, and the system has been infused with new classes & new abilities to add more variety to the game while still keeping it fairly simple. Hopefully every charecter type has something to add and everyone will be able to find a way to effectively use their chosen class. In addition, elemental enhancements have been introduced.

The battle will now take place between two parties of 4 each. The first two to sign up will be Party Leader 1 & Party Leader 2, respectively. After all 8 people have signed up by posting in this thread with their class choice, and stat bonus choice, the party leaders will take turns choosing team members one at a time.

Items
Each Party has the following set of items to use during battle;
3 Ether (Restores 5 MP)
3 Potions (+20 HP)
2 Phoenix Downs (Restores from KO + 5 HP)
2 Remedy (Cures status ailment)
2 Elixirs (Restores full HP/MP), and
3 Ninja Stars (Only a ninja can use this item)
3 Kunai (Only a ninja can use this item)
4 Arrows (Only a hunter can use this item)

Status
There are several beneficial status conditions;
-Protect
-Shield
-Haste

...And more negative status ailments;
-Slow
-Stop
-Confuse
-Power Break
-Defense Break
-Magic Break
-Spirit Break
-Poison

There are 12 classes to choose from each with their own set of abilities;

Everyone has the ability to 'Attack' and use 'Item', but every class has a unique auxiliary ability (2nd menu option). The abilities work as follows;

Every class has its own third menu option with a powerful set of abilities;

Stat Bonus & Elements!

Prior to battle, each person may choose a set of enhancements including an elemental. You may choose either 2 stat bonus (+1 to any two stats or +2 to one stat as long as no one stat exceeds '10') OR +1 to one stat + an elemental attack)

Elemental Attack: Does bonus damage against target's opposing elemental stat.
Elemental Def: Elemental def is determined by 4 of your stats. For you def against any given element, see the chart below;

Fire -STR
Water - MAG
Earth - VIT
Wind - SPR

Example: Player 1 has a Fire enhancement. When they Attack, they will do their normal damage (STR - VIT) plus bonus damage by pitting their attack stat (STR, in this case. For mages using elemental magic, it would be SPR) against the elemental def stat (also STR, since STR = Fire DEF) so the bonus DMG is STR - STR.

Turn Order: Battle is turn-based combat. Players will alternate taking actions. Under normal battle conditions, players will go order based on SPD, and then party number (Party 1 has initiative in the case of equivalent SPD stats). If a SPD stat is modified during battle, this effects turn order. The red mage character can modify his SPD stat, this will have the same effect as 'slow' or 'haste' except that the change is permanent.

Special Rules: If a character with 'Slow' status now has a SPD stat equal to another character, he/she will go after that character If a character has 'Haste' status and SPD is equal to another character in the turn order, he/she will go before that character. If a Red Mage has 'Adjusted' his/her SPD stat, turn order will be based first on SPD, then on Party number. (Party 1 has initiative)

Stats: Spells like Haste, Slow, Protect, etc, all effect your stats. Keep in mind when using these spells, the maximum any character can have on any stat (except HP) is 10. So if a stat is doubled by status magic, and that stat is already over '5', it will simply max-out the stat to 10, no more. When cutting a stat in half on an uneven number, you will round up to the closest whole number. For example; If someone has a SPD of 5 and 'Slow' is caste on them, that SPD stat will become 3.

Red Mages, with the adjust ability, can alter their stats at will. Red Mages may have a '0' stat, but no stat can exceed 10.

---------------------------------

There are 8 available slots*. When you sign up please post your class choice and enhancements;

1. Ex. 68471 - Fire Mage +1 MAG Confirmed
2. Relm Zephyrous - Dragoon +2 SPD Confirmed
3. secretskull - Green Mage +1 VIT, + 1 MP Confirmed
4. KnightofRounds - White Mage +1MP, +1 MAG Confirmed
5. Lumenskir - Monk + 2 STR Confirmed
6. Moogle0119 - Samurai + 10 HP Confirmed
7. Wizardcat - Ninja +1 VIT, + 1 SPD Confirmed
8. Azreal - Wind Mage +1 VIT Confirmed
---------------------------------

Last edited by Nique; 10-24-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Nique is offline Add to Nique's Reputation  
Unread 10-04-2008, 04:17 PM   #2
Ex. 68471
Nice going, numbnuts!

Ex. 68471 is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via Yahoo to Ex. 68471

I would like to be a Black Mage with +1 MAG and a Fire element.

I am Experiment 68471, the catastrophic failure.

"Hi, we're America! We built monster trucks for fun! We developed top-fuel dragsters that go from 0 to 330 miles per hour in 5 seconds 'cause, well, we were bored! Piss us off, and see what we build!"
Ex. 68471 is offline Add to Ex. 68471's Reputation  
Unread 10-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #3
Relm Zephyrous
Who am I again?

Relm Zephyrous will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.

I'm in, but I'm still deciding what to use. I will note though that it seems MP costs are a little high.
((Question: Is it possible for you to put a stat bonus to MP? If so, how much per?))

Last edited by Relm Zephyrous; 10-04-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Relm Zephyrous is offline Add to Relm Zephyrous's Reputation  
Unread 10-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #4
secretskull
SMARTASS

secretskull will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.
Send a message via MSN to secretskull Send a message via Skype™ to secretskull

I shall return to this game as a mighty Green Mage! His mastery of the forces of time has allowed him to spend a large amount of time jogging, thus building up his Vitality. Plus, all that warping of time gave him a larger amount of Mana.

Everyone is an asshole. Including me. Especially including the double asshole who read this and nodded smugly.

Last edited by secretskull; 10-10-2008 at 04:18 PM.
secretskull is offline Add to secretskull's Reputation  
Unread 10-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #5
Relm Zephyrous
Who am I again?

{Oh, second question, can you put two into the same stat?

*I have cut my choices down though....

Samurai
Dragoon
Ninja
WM
MM*
GM**
BlM***
RM***

*Depends on the exact rules of the elements, which I'm not so clear on.
**Needs to have Haste and Slow a little better to be worth using, plus all need to be a little better cost wise and confuse alone isn't worth the class
***Notable, but not probable choices for me, plus, how does 'adjust' adjust the turn order if speed is shifted?
****(All not mentioned) Need to be buffed a lot more to be even considered

((Oh, and pray NEEDS to regen 2 MP, with how much everything costs. It was barely enough before....))}

{...} = Just my thoughts and opinions.

Last edited by Relm Zephyrous; 10-04-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Unread 10-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #6
Nique
Niqo Niqo Nii~

Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

You can put 2 in the same stat but no stat go go past 10. And yes you can add a +1 to MP.

Mauve Mages - They are not an elemental type by default, but can use all four 2nd lvl elementals.

Green Mages - I'll take that into consideration, but I can't have green mages fscking up the battle too much - definatly a support class.

Blue Mage - Blue mages don't adjust? Red Mages 'Adjust' will effect turn order on the next round.

On pray and buffs - I do want the battle to end fairly quickly, but I'll consider it, thanks!
Unread 10-04-2008, 06:27 PM   #7
Relm Zephyrous
Who am I again?

Well, can you use adjust to get a stat over ten?

*Wait, with haste and slow.... they just bump you up or down one in the turn order, right? *Perhaps they could instead (double/half)(increase/decrease) SPD?

Last edited by Relm Zephyrous; 10-04-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Unread 10-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #8
Nique
Niqo Niqo Nii~

Stats are all capped at 10

I'll get back to you on the haste/slow thing.
Unread 10-05-2008, 11:21 AM   #9
Lumenskir
Speed-Suit

Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted.

I'll sign up as a Monk with +2 to STR.
People living through a golden age often donít know. And itís important that they do, because this golden age, as with all the ones that lie behind us, depends on patronage. If enough people lament the death of culture, culture will die, no matter how sophisticated our means of disseminating it.
Lumenskir is offline Add to Lumenskir's Reputation  
Unread 10-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #10
Nique
Niqo Niqo Nii~

Special abilities have been updated - MP costs are a little more reasonable, and Time Magic now lasts for two turns and effects the SPD stat. I have also explained how exactly this effects the turn order.