The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 12-07-2003, 11:27 AM   #1
Batman

Default Cyber-Wars Chap.3 cont

OOC: Ok,I started the new thread for everybody.
Add to Batman's Reputation  
Unread 12-07-2003, 02:25 PM   #2
MC43
Offically "Down with the Sickness"

MC43 is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to MC43 Send a message via Yahoo to MC43

Monk looked at the stranger, "Boss? Oh... you must mean Jade..." He sat up and grabbed his head, as several flashbacks hit him at once. He had a gun in his hand, a wound on Jade, then he opened his eyes and he was back in the hospital. He was breathing deeply and looking around, "What happened!? Where am I!?"

Seeing his friend in the threashhold of the doorway, he instantly calm down. "Wolf... What's... happening to me?" He shook violently in the bed, the nervousness comming back. "What happened? Why am I here?"
Unread 12-07-2003, 04:30 PM   #3
Dante
Sent to the cornfield

Location: Crushing the weak beneath the iron jackboots of tyranny
Dante is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via MSN to Dante

"No, I was looking for Andy."

Daren saw the man's agitation, and he reached inside his hip pouch for a syringe and an ampoule of Diazepam. Though he was prepared to give it, he decided to wait and see first.

"Sir? Sir, are you all right?"
Dante is offline Add to Dante's Reputation  
Unread 12-07-2003, 09:36 PM   #4
Wolf99x
EEEEEEYYYYYY!

Wolf99x is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Wolf99x Send a message via Yahoo to Wolf99x

Wolf's mind spun Other Andy? What the fuck?. Then he noticed his friend was tweaking out, so he decided to do something. I won't just stand here and be ingored. He grabbed the syringe from the stranger.
"Easy buddy, you might not want to dope him up just yet. I have no clue who you are, but I'll trust you for now."

Wolf turned towards Monk who was still shaking.
"I guess you didn't recieve my message, so I'll tell you what happened anyway. When we were in the bunker, something took over you, and you regressed back to you ways when you were under mind control. I managed to stop you, but not before you caused some damage. You shot Jade, but don't worry, she'll live, as will you. What happened is over and done with, but I'd steer clear of Andy for a while, he's ripshit over the mission. He was mad that I saved you and Jade from capture at the risk of all three of our lives. Now, don't blame yourslef for what happened back there, it wasn't your fault. I think what happened is the "Wall-of-Zen" you constructed around youself began to break down after our first mission, after you resorted to gunslinging. Following this, you enetered the bunker, full of crippling self-doubt, and that's when Mastermind took you over. The fact is, you don't have to worry about getting any of us killed. I've stopped you from doing more damage twice, and I can do it again, but If you keep your spirits and confidence up, I won't have to. See, Mastermind preys on the weak and frightened, at least, that's my theory. That's why I'm always optimistic, even when the autocannon threatened to rip me in half, but that's another story entirely."

seeing Monk start to calm down. Wolf turned back to the stranger.

"Now, allow me to introduce myself. I am Wolf. I guess you could call me the second-in-command of the Cyber-side of the force here. I have three questions for you: who are you? what's your story? and who is this other Andy you keep asking about?"
Originally Posted by Dante
Wolf99x: The rogue, the professional who gets the job done by any and all means necessary
"I'd shoot you but it might create a time paradox" -Aeris: VGCats.

Cyber Wars I: Sept. 2003-June 2005. 24 chapters, 2 servers, 2 GMs, 7 Outstanding Players
Wolf99x is offline Add to Wolf99x's Reputation  
Unread 12-08-2003, 07:08 AM   #5
Dante
Sent to the cornfield

Location: Crushing the weak beneath the iron jackboots of tyranny
Dante is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via MSN to Dante

Daren capped the hypodermic, then replaced it and the ampoule of Diazepam in his medical pouch. He looked at Monk, who was now breathing steadily, then back to Wolf.

"Name's Daren. I'm a medical corpsman, assigned to this unit. Ordinarily, they'd have introduced me to all of you guys. However, with the war on Mastermind escalating, there was precious little time for that. Hell, they gave me a piece of paper with Andy's name and photograph on it, then gave me the wrong location. You would not believe what I had to go through to find this place..."

"As for your second question... It wasn't so much an assignation as a transfer. I used to operate with SEAL Six, at least until my squad got killed trying to assault one of Mastermind's bases. A lot of good men died out there..."

Daren's voice trailed off and he looked away. He continued speaking with his back towards Wolf.

"I didn't have a family. The Team was my life. And now... they're dead. All because of that Mastermind."

Wolf looked down, and he saw Daren ball his hands into fists, trembling with barely controlled rage. When the latter spoke again, he did so in a much softer, silkier voice, a velvet glove pulled over an iron fist of vengeance.

"And that's why... that's why I asked for - no, why I demanded a transfer to this unit. Because I believe that you are the ones who are going to pull the plug on Mastermind. And when you do... I want to see it squirm as the lights go out."

He turned around, eyes shining in the reflected light of the ward, the sheer determination evident in his expression.

"I don't care that I have little to no experience fighting in the cyber world. I don't care that I'll be going up against suicidal odds. I don't care if I die before this whole thing is through."

He exhaled like he was sighing, and the tension seemed to leave him.

"Because that's what they would have done if they were me, standing here, right now. And as for the other Andy... I don't know anything about him. I was told to find this Andy" - here he showed the photograph of Andy to Wolf - " and make contact with him."

Last edited by Dante; 12-08-2003 at 07:13 AM.
Dante is offline Add to Dante's Reputation  
Unread 12-08-2003, 11:42 AM   #6
batgirl
Aim for the top!

batgirl is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. batgirl is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. batgirl is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. batgirl is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. batgirl is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. batgirl is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. batgirl is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. batgirl is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world.
Send a message via AIM to batgirl Send a message via MSN to batgirl

OOC: Blarg! My post wouldn't go through. Zephie, can you move your bio from here to the sign up page? thankies

Jade excused herself from Andy's office and told the new guy that she would speak to him later. She walkd down the grey halls to Monk's room. <God, why is everything so grey?> Seeing the door open she saw Wolf, Monk and some other person in the room. "Um, is this a bad time? I just wanted to see how Monk is doing."
batgirl is offline Add to batgirl's Reputation  
Unread 12-08-2003, 03:12 PM   #7
MC43
Offically "Down with the Sickness"

MC43 is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to MC43 Send a message via Yahoo to MC43

Monk watched as the leader walked into the room. She looked to be okay, but the thought of him pointing a gun at her, pulling the trigger no boubt, he couldn't fathom.

And then there was the other. He was just like the rest, vengeful of matermind, wanting to see him die. Monk lowered his head. He was calm now, yes, but he made a decision. One he knew no one would like. He tried to get up, but he was still weak, wether it be from the whole mind control, or the injury, he didn't know, but he couldn't move. "No... it's okay... please come in." He looked towards the others. "Um... I need to talk to Jade... personally. Wolf, show out new friend to Andy, I'll catch up," he smiled.
Unread 12-08-2003, 03:24 PM   #8
Demon with a Glass Hand
Cyberpunk Detective

Demon with a Glass Hand will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.

(OOC: I hate hate hate computers! MLARG! Stupid 'take four days to fix' problems!)

Gabriel turned to Andy, "So that was the 'Boss,' eh? Well, I guess I'll have time for introductions later. Do you have time to give me a tour of the facilities? Perhaps introduce me to some of the other personnell?"
Unread 12-08-2003, 07:40 PM   #9
Wolf99x
EEEEEEYYYYYY!

Wolf99x is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Wolf99x Send a message via Yahoo to Wolf99x

Wolf looked at the photo, sure enough, it was the Andy he knew, but he still couldn't shake that "other Andy" thing out of his head I probably just misheard him, that's all, Wolf thought. "All right, Daren, follow me."

Wolf left the hospital room, with Daren trailing close behind.

As Wolf led Daren towards Andy's office Wolf thought about Daren's reason for being here. To lose a whole team...that's harsh. I never had that happen to me. I've had people taken over, but I managed to free most of them. But I never dealt with wholesale destruction of my team...except for once...and that still haunts me...

Finally they reached Andy's office "Here it is." Wolf said as he knocked on the door, and waited until he was buzzed in.

Wolf and Daren entered and Wolf noticed Andy behind the desk. "Sorry if I'm interrupting anything, but here's another new recruit. His name's Daren." Wolf said.
Originally Posted by Dante
Wolf99x: The rogue, the professional who gets the job done by any and all means necessary
"I'd shoot you but it might create a time paradox" -Aeris: VGCats.

Cyber Wars I: Sept. 2003-June 2005. 24 chapters, 2 servers, 2 GMs, 7 Outstanding Players

Last edited by Wolf99x; 04-22-2004 at 07:10 PM.
Wolf99x is offline Add to Wolf99x's Reputation  
Unread 12-08-2003, 07:48 PM   #10
Forever Zero
Saint of Stats

Forever Zero is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Glam had left the hospital room and was now looking for a meeting room for the next mission. <This is just great, I'm probably going to have to ask for directions and look like a fool...> He thought, when he noticed two people walking down the hall. One looked like Wolf from earlier, so he followed them, hoping they were going to the meeting room. He noticed them go into a room, so Glam walked up after them and knocked on the door.
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
- The Destruction of Sennacherib
Forever Zero is offline Add to Forever Zero's Reputation