The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 10-09-2007, 02:52 AM   #1
Mirai Gen
We are Geth.

Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Default Heroes: The New Thread (Spoilers Inside)

As said in the last thread, yeah, they're trying to do too much at once in the episodes. It's feeling erratic and scattered.

Why does Direct TV keep calling him "H.R.G.?" They've said his name is Noah last season.

Also: While I totally dug Candice's comeuppance, I really don't understand how come her dying here revealed her 'true' form. Especially since, in the last season, she got knocked unconscious by Nikki and her "Jessica" persona melted to show her 'original' body, not her true form. WTF?

Dead DL = sadness.
Unread 10-09-2007, 04:33 AM   #2
Preturbed
betrayal!

Preturbed is a name known to all, except that guy. Preturbed is a name known to all, except that guy. Preturbed is a name known to all, except that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirai Gen
Dead DL = sadness.
Yeah, he was the only cool one out of the entire family.

sudden but inevitable
Preturbed is offline Add to Preturbed's Reputation  
Unread 10-09-2007, 10:46 AM   #3
Fifthfiend
for all seasons

Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.
Send a message via AIM to Fifthfiend

Eh, he'll be back. Comic-book rules, we haven't seen a body, he's not really dead.
Unread 10-09-2007, 11:17 AM   #4
Satan's Onion
Swing You Sinners!

Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime.
Send a message via AIM to Satan's Onion Send a message via MSN to Satan's Onion Send a message via Yahoo to Satan's Onion

I know they're a Destined Matchup and that, but I can't help but be slightly squicked out by the fact that Little Lord Stalkleroy's "no means yes" tactics actually appear to be working on Claire. I'd like to think that if somebody who'd been following me around for the last, I dunno, few days? weeks? and staring into my windows at night suddenly reacted to my repeated requests, entreaties and demands that he fuck off and leave me the goddamn fuck alone by saying "Shut up" and yanking me into the sky, I'd say or do something a little more "Okay put me back on the ground and then I'm getting a restraining order, you creepy little shit" and less "Oh, this is soooo romantic! Clearly you're the one for me after all." I don't care if he can fucking fly or if he has a sob story about Teh Ebil of Teh Company, his behavior is fucking disturbing but Claire's totally into it. And that squicks me out.

Also, unless my TV-fu is extremely weak--and it probably is!--am I right in remembering that the invisible guy (or Whobo) didn't die last season, but just fucked off to parts unknown when the heavy shit started going down? If he's not dead I hope we see him again soon.

Good evening, ladies. Please enter and be tained

Satan's Onion is offline Add to Satan's Onion's Reputation  
Unread 10-09-2007, 12:10 PM   #5
Fifthfiend
for all seasons

Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.
Send a message via AIM to Fifthfiend

Yeah no seriously the more they try to force this Creepyfuck McStalkerpants romance thing the more awful it gets. Soon as the little shit took off she should have clocked him in the throat, let herself get dropped and go get Poppa Bennet to throw the fucker two loaded fists of horn-rimmed hurtin'.

I'm not saying the exercise couldn't have worked, if they'd found themselves like a young John Cusack or someone who could actually sell a role like that and then give him dialogue to say that wasn't totally creepy and annoying and fucked up but well, they didn't actually do those things, so instead they just have their character being all inexplicably in love with the weirdest little shit ever to walk the Earth.

...I mean and just to have said it, isn't this the same girl who when her last boyfriend got grabby, she ran the rape-happy fucker into a brick wall? Or off a cliff or whatever it was? I mean come on.
Unread 10-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #6
Jeneralissimo
Happy quails come from California

Jeneralissimo is so pumped up.
Send a message via AIM to Jeneralissimo Send a message via Yahoo to Jeneralissimo Send a message via Skype™ to Jeneralissimo

Yeah, the Flying D*****bag is majorly getting on my nerves. I can understand why Claire would be attracted to him, since he is not a bad looking kid, and he's the only one who understands the whole "powers" thing. But seriously, the kid is creepy! And how could she just let him fly off with her like that?

I just want to hug Hiro - I mean, Carp - so bad. I don't get how that girl is the greatest beauty Japan has ever seen though. The Ireland and Guatemala storylines need to die slow and horrible deaths (or really quick and painless ones, I don't care, just get them off my tv!)

And what is with all the Star Trek actors? First we had Sulu, then Reed from Enterprise shows up as an Irish gangster (accent is terrible). Now Uhura is in the mix too. If William Shatner comes on, I'm out.

Also, Mohinder is love. Peace out.

*Warning: Long-time exposure to chat8bit has been known to cause severe brain damage, mental retardation, seizures, eyeball bleeding, violent fits, spontaneous combustion, death, reanimation, and a total disregard for physics. ~ RZ
Jeneralissimo is offline Add to Jeneralissimo's Reputation  
Unread 10-09-2007, 12:39 PM   #7
Satan's Onion
Swing You Sinners!

Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime.
Send a message via AIM to Satan's Onion Send a message via MSN to Satan's Onion Send a message via Yahoo to Satan's Onion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthfiend
...I mean and just to have said it, isn't this the same girl who when her last boyfriend got grabby, she ran the rape-happy fucker into a brick wall? Or off a cliff or whatever it was? I mean come on.
It was straight into a brick wall, and his grabbiness was painted by the script as all shades of no, bad and wrong. Whereas her being abducted into the sky by Mr. "'No' means 'go ahead, big boy'" seems to set off no alarm bells whatever in her mind. Doesn't. Make. Sense. And it's fucking disturbing.

I'm a little worried that this plotline made it through presumably several levels of rewriting, editing, general looking-over and shooting and nobody, nobody said "Hey, this kinda comes off a little...um...wrong, for several reasons. Maybe this needs some kind of rewrite?" (Or alternatively, the people who did say things like this weren't listened to. Neither of those things sounds at all good.)

Good evening, ladies. Please enter and be tained

Last edited by Satan's Onion; 10-09-2007 at 12:42 PM.
Satan's Onion is offline Add to Satan's Onion's Reputation  
Unread 10-09-2007, 01:17 PM   #8
Lumenskir
Speed-Suit

Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted.

Claire's sudden attraction didn't seem that far off from how the writers have portrayed her so far this season. After three episodes they've basically transformed her into a Powered slut, all but obsessed with being 'different' and trying to find someone who 'understands' her.

Oh man, when the entire boring ass Kensei story had wrapped up with a sufficient bow and Lesson Learned and Hiro was about to make the jump back and spark some actual development in the main story, but then for some inconceivable reason he stayed behind even though everyone in the past had pretty much moved on from needing him? That was awesome. Like, full body herpes awesome.
People living through a golden age often donít know. And itís important that they do, because this golden age, as with all the ones that lie behind us, depends on patronage. If enough people lament the death of culture, culture will die, no matter how sophisticated our means of disseminating it.
Lumenskir is offline Add to Lumenskir's Reputation  
Unread 10-09-2007, 01:39 PM   #9
Mashirosen
Watch closely!

Mashirosen is a name known to all, except that guy. Mashirosen is a name known to all, except that guy.

Quote:
they've basically transformed her into a Powered slut
What is your damage, son? A girl kisses a boy once and she's a slut? West is a creepy little bastard but I'm not entirely sure you're much better. Keep that kind of ugly under your hat from here on out, thanks.
Unread 10-09-2007, 01:59 PM   #10
Mirai Gen
We are Geth.

Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

I really don't like the Wondertwins. Each episode is like some mashed up version of a heroic immigrant's story mixed up in my Goddamn Heroes. It never really goes anywhere and always follows "Oh No Bad Things, Powers Activate, Brother Shuts Powers Down, Run Away." It's a cool concept but until they start to actually run with it and meet the other heroes right now it's boring.

Also, on Creepy McStalkerton; I think Claire felt a little more attraction to him after he started giving her some 'tough love' on their powers, something she needed. I'm not justifying it by any means, but it does lend certain levels of comfort to have someone who can truly understand you by default.

This doesn't ignore the whole "Stalking Is Okay" part, but still.