The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 08-22-2008, 05:51 AM   #1
Krylo
The Straightest Shota

Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat].
Default Fantastic Contraptions

Fantastic Contraptions

So, a friend of mine linked me to this the other night and it's pretty ridiculous.

Basically you get a couple pieces that act in specific ways and put them together to make machines to get an object from point a to point b. You can make projectiles, cars, walking things (though those are hard), whatever.

Some of the later stages get a bit more... exacting, in what's possible, and I still maintain that Tube is impossible.

Figured you guys might want to try it out. I've beaten all the stages except Tube and Unpossible, lemme know if anyone solves Tube and how you did it. I still have hope for Unpossible, though.
Unread 08-22-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
Sir Pinkleton
What's going on?

Sir Pinkleton is so pumped up.

I think it's a fantastic game. I'm not much of an engineer, though, so I mostly get through the levels with very odd contraptions. Thanks for sharing!
Sir Pinkleton is offline Add to Sir Pinkleton's Reputation  
Unread 08-22-2008, 09:57 AM   #3
Nique
Niqo Niqo Nii~

Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

Sounds cool I can't wait to try it.
Unread 08-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
CelesJessa
DA-DA-DA-DAA DAA DAA DA DA-DAAAAAA!

CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.
Send a message via AIM to CelesJessa Send a message via MSN to CelesJessa

Argh, I'm completely stuck on the "tube" one, it's impossible!

Here's some of my favorite contraptions I've made so far though:

Walker
Rejected!
Unread 08-22-2008, 10:46 AM   #5
Ryong
Professional Threadkiller

Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson.
Send a message via Skype™ to Ryong

Reminds me of a game called "Soda Builder" which you did stuff...But with lines. It was hard.
Ryong is offline Add to Ryong's Reputation  
Unread 08-22-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
Lumenskir
Speed-Suit

Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted.

I hate engineering based games because I get an inflated sense of superiority from the first few easy levels and then it throws in a level that actually takes some skill and all I can do is stare blankly at all the tools at my disposal.

So basically, please post your successful contraptions for those of us engineering idiots (population: probably just me).
People living through a golden age often donít know. And itís important that they do, because this golden age, as with all the ones that lie behind us, depends on patronage. If enough people lament the death of culture, culture will die, no matter how sophisticated our means of disseminating it.
Lumenskir is offline Add to Lumenskir's Reputation  
Unread 08-22-2008, 11:12 AM   #7
Sir Pinkleton
What's going on?

Conveyor belt?
It doesn't actually work. :p
Unread 08-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #8
CelesJessa
DA-DA-DA-DAA DAA DAA DA DA-DAAAAAA!

CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. CelesJessa has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.
Send a message via AIM to CelesJessa Send a message via MSN to CelesJessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunty Sir Dr. Pinkleton "Nightshade" III Cubic View Post
Conveyor belt?
It doesn't actually work. :p
You're on the right track. Or at least I did a converyor belt too.

Krylo: I beat the tube (my roommate actually figured out the design, I copied it):

Last edited by CelesJessa; 08-22-2008 at 11:23 AM.
CelesJessa is offline Add to CelesJessa's Reputation  
Unread 08-22-2008, 11:21 AM   #9
pochercoaster
rollerpocher tycoon

pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve.
Send a message via AIM to pochercoaster Send a message via MSN to pochercoaster

Reminds me of The Incredible Machine. Does anyone remember that game?

So far I'm enjoying this

Edit: My computer can't handle this game, apparently. It slows down ridiculously if there's like more than three rods on the screen. -_-

Last edited by pochercoaster; 08-22-2008 at 11:41 AM.
pochercoaster is offline Add to pochercoaster's Reputation  
Unread 08-22-2008, 11:39 AM   #10
Sir Pinkleton
What's going on?

OOh, here's one that works: The "Better belt"
It's kinda laggy, but I love the last arm's fling-ness.