The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Playing Games
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 02-22-2011, 07:35 AM   #101
Sage Harpuia
alea iacta est

Sage Harpuia is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via MSN to Sage Harpuia

I would like to veto this decision.
Sage Harpuia is offline Add to Sage Harpuia's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 08:20 AM   #102
The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk
War Incarnate

The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk's Avatar

The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Send a message via MSN to The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk

Aww, well that's boring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azisien View Post
"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR I AM A GIANT SPACE TURTLE!!!"
PSN - Hawk_of_Battle
The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is offline Add to The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #103
Melfice
Vigilo - Confido

Melfice is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Melfice is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Melfice is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Melfice is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life.
Send a message via MSN to Melfice

On the other hand, now we get a new Political card in play.
"Yes, but... there's a PDS on the planet below!"
"...May God help us all. *mashes Self Destruct button*"
Melfice is offline Add to Melfice's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #104
War Incarnate

The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier.

Yes but I was hoping we could have a big debate on the nature of playing a (presumably) longer game with a big dead rock in the centre of the map, versus the current setup where we all have to fight over that big dead rock. (I was mainly FOR that due to the nature of certain enemies being much better equiped to deal with taking over Rex and holding it compared to me and my crappy military).
Quote:
PSN - Hawk_of_Battle
The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is offline Add to The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #105
Azisien
wat

Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't.

GALACTIC PARLIAMENT REMAINS OPEN (Until February 23 at 7PM EST)

Representatives of the Xxcha race are clear on the legislation put forth. Each of their diplomats makes a rousing speech, followed by a motion to veto the current legislation. The following are brief excerpts from their presentations:

"As one of the Great Races, present and present strongly during the prime of the Lazax Empire, we of the Xxcha Kingdom move to veto this measure..."

"There has been no 'Imperial Peace' when there is no war. We already are enjoying galactic peace. Galactic protection of Mecatol Rex would be a waste of time and resources for all races. Yet bringing colonization of our planets lost decades ago would be just as wasteful. All of this is merely bureaucratic..."

Sage Harpuia spends 1 Strategic Allocation counter to veto the current political card. A new one is drawn.

Voting order will remain the same:

0. Xxcha Ability and/or Action Cards
1. Sage Harpuia
2. Menarker
3. Kerensky
4. Melfice
5. Gregness
6. Hawk

Utilizing the Secondary Ability will also remain open while Parliament is in session.

EDIT: Hawk utilizes the Secondary Ability of the Political Strategy Card for free, since he chose the Initiative Strategy Card.

Last edited by Azisien; 02-27-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Azisien is offline Add to Azisien's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #106
War Incarnate

Quote:
Goddamn I am so sigging that.

Also just so we're clear, -2 would mean Dready combat increases from 5 to 7 right?
Quote:
PSN - Hawk_of_Battle
Unread 02-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #107
Sage Harpuia
alea iacta est

Sage Harpuia is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via MSN to Sage Harpuia

Hm.. I'll vote: Yes
The space turtles has spoken.
Sage Harpuia is offline Add to Sage Harpuia's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #108
Gregness
Never give up. Never give in.

Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Quote:
Voting order will remain the same:

0. Xxcha Ability and/or Action Cards
1. Sage Harpuia
2. Menarker
3. Kerensky
4. Melfice
5. Gregness
6. Hawk

Utilizing the Secondary Ability will also remain open while Parliament is in session.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Xxcha can only discard the first political card drawn each time it's played can't they?

Anyway, do you want votes as we can check the thread, or in that order?
Gregness is offline Add to Gregness's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #109
Azisien
wat

Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregness View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Xxcha can only discard the first political card drawn each time it's played can't they?
As far as I am aware they can discard as many Political Cards as they can afford. That is, at some point they will run out of Strategy Allocation counters.

We had one end-game Political Strategy Card in a game I played where the Xxcha player used the ability six times in a row.

Quote:
Anyway, do you want votes as we can check the thread, or in that order?
I'm not opposed to voting as you can pop in, to accommodate people's schedules. Once you vote, though, you cannot redact. Choose wisely! Laws are more or less permanent!

Edit: Somehow I missed this. Keep assuming there's only one post since I last check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Also just so we're clear, -2 would mean Dready combat increases from 5 to 7 right?
Correct. War Sun would be 3x5 instead of 3x3.

Last edited by Azisien; 02-22-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Azisien is offline Add to Azisien's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 10:09 PM   #110
Menarker
OMG! WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?

Menarker is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Menarker is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Menarker is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings.

Voting on yes to dismantle and cripple those ships.
Menarker is offline Add to Menarker's Reputation   Reply With Quote