The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > News and current events
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 11-09-2016, 04:52 PM   #551
Tev
Funka has spoken!

Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know!

I'm not going to defend Trump, because fuck him, I especially won't be the idiot defending him at a time when I'd rather be feeling less full of rounds of sick disillusionment and anger.

That being said, a majority of Trump's supporters are not nazis, klansmen, or are out to see the Purge made real. They are small-town people who are trying to get by in a world where their jobs have fled, their government doesn't listen, the opportunities for their children are all but gone, and the media and representatives treat them and their ways of life like some sick side-show. They are people who took a look at Clinton, saw more of the same, and decided to roll the dice on Trump's "What do you have to lose?" offer. Was it short sighted and dumb? Yes. Was it an uneducated act of desperation? Definitely. But they are people. Scared people. People like you.

Take a breath. Read or listen to some Cracked. Heck, David Wong has a piece out today titled "Don't Panic." He seems pretty on top of thing and shares several experiences with life among Trump-folk that are really enlightening.

Then fight. But fight from a place of compassion or we'll never end this shitshow until it's Civil War 2: Now with nukes!

I have spoken.

Last edited by Tev; 11-09-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Tev is offline Add to Tev's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2016, 05:09 PM   #552
Solid Snake
Erotic Esquire

Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way.
Send a message via AIM to Solid Snake

It's kind of sad re: my general desire to respect the elderly that, in light of the demographics involved in the election results, the most pertinent solution is going to be just waiting for some old folks to fuckin' die already.

It infuriates me that folks like my grandparents -- who I love dearly, but who are, at their age, completely disconnected from society and from reality, walled up in their Fox News tinfoil -- have equal say as I do in creating a fuckawful world that they won't have to live in. Long after they're dead, we'll be paying the price for their misplaced nostalgic desires to return to some 1950's utopia that never existed even when they were alive.

But the problem for me personally at the moment is that I'm filled with way too much hate and scorn for way too many people to function properly as a member of society right now, like seriously my default thought process when meeting anyone new at the moment for anything ranging from a job interview to a coffee date would be "This fucker might have voted for Trump. Half the country voted for Trump. I want this asshole to experience even a tiny iota of the pain I feel" and that's not objectively healthy but it's where things stand.
Unread 11-09-2016, 05:33 PM   #553
rpgdemon
Not a Taco

rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

Just as a reminder to anyone else who might need it (I always need to figure this out anew, whenever there's a tragedy): You don't need to continue to relive it, in order to fight back against it. It's okay to do things that make you happy. It's okay to continue to live. You're allowed to order yourself dinner from that takeout place that you love, and go play a videogame. Just because this has happened, and you want to fight it with every ounce of your being, doesn't mean that you have to neglect yourself to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard The 5th LW View Post
RPG has total "I told you so" privileges.
Quote:
RPG still has total "I told you so" privileges.
rpgdemon is offline Add to rpgdemon's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2016, 05:43 PM   #554
pochercoaster
rollerpocher tycoon

pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve.
Send a message via AIM to pochercoaster Send a message via MSN to pochercoaster

I'm gearing up for the next four night shifts where my team is almost entirely made up of white male trump supporters. Fucking hell.
pochercoaster is offline Add to pochercoaster's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2016, 05:58 PM   #555
Kim
adorable

Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tev View Post
That being said, a majority of Trump's supporters are not nazis, klansmen, or are out to see the Purge made real. They are small-town people who are trying to get by in a world where their jobs have fled, their government doesn't listen, the opportunities for their children are all but gone, and the media and representatives treat them and their ways of life like some sick side-show. They are people who took a look at Clinton, saw more of the same, and decided to roll the dice on Trump's "What do you have to lose?" offer. Was it short sighted and dumb? Yes. Was it an uneducated act of desperation? Definitely. But they are people. Scared people. People like you.
Fuck their jobs, fuck their kids, and fuck listening to them. I'm from a small town. I have family in a small town. Family that isn't disgusting fucking scum. Family that doesn't "roll the dice" on a guy supported by nazis and klansmen and fascists. By supporting Trump they aligned themselves with these groups. They aligned themselves with racism and transphobia and homophobia and fascism and sexism and rape and abuse.

The world will be better off without these people. The sooner they die the better off we'll be.
Unread 11-09-2016, 06:00 PM   #556
Solid Snake
Erotic Esquire

Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way.
Send a message via AIM to Solid Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgdemon View Post
Just as a reminder to anyone else who might need it (I always need to figure this out anew, whenever there's a tragedy): You don't need to continue to relive it, in order to fight back against it. It's okay to do things that make you happy. It's okay to continue to live.
Maybe if you're a gainfully employed and insured, middle class heterosexual white cisgendered man surrounded by a loving community of progressives, yeah, you can ignore reality and return to your fantasy bubble.
The rest of us in a very hostile real world and we can't run from these demons.
Unread 11-09-2016, 06:10 PM   #557
Kim
adorable

Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.

Um, Travis McElroy put out a message that I recommend folks listen to. It helped me.
Unread 11-09-2016, 06:31 PM   #558
rpgdemon
Not a Taco

rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snek View Post
Maybe if you're a gainfully employed and insured, middle class heterosexual white cisgendered man surrounded by a loving community of progressives, yeah, you can ignore reality and return to your fantasy bubble.
The rest of us in a very hostile real world and we can't run from these demons.
Hey, fuck you, no.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Ignoring reality, and taking care of yourself mentally, are two different things. Fuck off.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

If you feel the need to make people feel bad for being unable to handle constantly looking into the epicenter of the shitstorm headed towards them, and think they're not allowed a moment's peace, maybe consider that you're being an asshole?

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

You're pulling the mental health equivalent of, "If you're poor, you shouldn't have that iPhone".

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

I know that you, Snake, are not an asshole - But you're being one, by denying that people who need the mental break are allowed it.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Fucking word filter.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Like, I'm talking to a friend of mine who is talking about killing herself because she can't stand to continue looking at this shitpile, but doesn't feel like she's allowed to do anything to try to boost her spirits, because it's selfish to take time for her mental needs while this is going on.

No. You are allowed to have your mental health. You are human, and you need to be able to function, to fight.

Quote:
RPG has total "I told you so" privileges.
Quote:
RPG still has total "I told you so" privileges.
rpgdemon is offline Add to rpgdemon's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2016, 06:54 PM   #559
Kim
adorable

Self care is important.
Unread 11-09-2016, 06:59 PM   #560
Overcast
Cinderella

Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted.
Send a message via AIM to Overcast Send a message via MSN to Overcast Send a message via Yahoo to Overcast

Time to play the long game, couple more years more shifts can come in the Senate and House. Four more till the next presidential election. 2020 we have our next census with a possibility at reapportioning. Shady as it is, the Dems need to be in control of the house during that time or else the currently in place Gerrymandering from the 2010 Census is going to remain in place. Need to keep our eyes forward, learn from the mistakes of now, and don't self destruct in the face of adversity. We're all we have to commit change.