The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Bullshit Mountain
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 09-04-2016, 12:18 AM   #271
pochercoaster
rollerpocher tycoon

pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve.
Send a message via AIM to pochercoaster Send a message via MSN to pochercoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized View Post

I think about how fun it was here over the years.

And then I inevitably think about how I probably made it so no one likes me in the last year or so I was here, and I get sad. And I don't visit the site.
This is also why I rarely, if ever, reach out to anyone on Steam. That and the fact that I am kind of aloof with chatting anymore.

I genuinely hope you are all in a good place in your lives and happy. To see that many of you still post here and get a long does put a smile on my face.
FWIW, I still like you! I mean, I don't know you well, but I did wonder where you went. I hope you are doing well.

Moderating the forum during those days seemed stressful as hell and no easy task for anyone. And you always seemed pretty level-headed to me despite the forum blowing up a lot. What I mean is, had I been in your shoes, I probably would've been terrible and did things way more alienating than whatever you did at the time, and I struggle to remember you really doing anything that would give me or other forumites a bad impression of you. That's probably something a lot of forumites understand about the moderation, although I can only speak for myself.

Which is just a long way of saying you seem pretty cool and you're probably being hard on yourself.

Edit: I fucking miss the chat, man. But all I do is werk werk werk, and in my free time I have to catch up with real life shit.

I guess I'll squat in chat tonight (though I'ma be gaming) and maybe try to do that more often to see if I can get it rolling. If that's a thing people are interested in.

Edit 2: I'm not one for being weepy or blowing things out of proportion. But, this community has some really awesome and fucking nice people in it, and I feel better for having known you guys. And being married to the most frequently banned member. You helped form my political ideologies when I was a wee lass sheltered from the world by crazy ass religious conservatives, and supported me through my brainshit. My life would have taken very different turns if I hadn't encountered NPF.

Also I've hung out with Snake and POS IRL and they are A+ dudes.

Last edited by pochercoaster; 09-04-2016 at 12:35 AM.
pochercoaster is offline Add to pochercoaster's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2016, 12:18 AM   #272
mauve
So Dreamy

mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.

I'm sorry you feel that way Grandmaster_Skweeb. Best of luck to you.

But anyway, I agree with Snake. We've changed and grown a lot over the past 10+ years, and even though we've all done That Thing(s) We Now Totally Regret Doing Because We Were Idiot Kids Who Thought We Knew Everything, when it's all said and done I think the good times outweigh the bad. I met a lot of great friends here that I never would have met otherwise. Even though we're not as chatty as we used to be, I still enjoy checking this place every day, keeping up with you jackasses and the things going on in your lives. I think the popularity of this thread is a testament to our continued dedication to this community.
Unread 09-04-2016, 01:06 AM   #273
Solid Snake
Erotic Esquire

Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way.
Send a message via AIM to Solid Snake

Damn, looks like I missed the chat party.

Quote:
You helped form my political ideologies when I was a wee lass sheltered from the world by crazy ass religious conservatives, and supported me through my brainshit. My life would have taken very different turns if I hadn't encountered NPF.
I'm pretty sure I'd still be Conservative Snake if not for NPF and a few other friends, but NPF deserves at least fifty percent of the credit there.
For that reason alone, y'all did good.
Unread 09-04-2016, 01:33 AM   #274
Steel Shadow
Mild Psychosis

Steel Shadow is the belle of the ball. Steel Shadow is the belle of the ball. Steel Shadow is the belle of the ball. Steel Shadow is the belle of the ball. Steel Shadow is the belle of the ball. Steel Shadow is the belle of the ball.
Send a message via AIM to Steel Shadow Send a message via MSN to Steel Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Steel Shadow
Default I lost track of this one somewhere...

I think this thread is evidence on its own that we can burn the place to ashes, move elsewhere (collecting on that sweet insurance money), and that it won't actually matter to the community. 'Cus look at us, still chatting and just generally being comfortable around one another - we know each other, and we don't need to dig up ancient threads to remind ourselves what we're like. I don't think we've even quoted outside this thread here so far, even when we started referencing old memes.

Basically, we don't need all these old threads. We just need the people. So let's just get some gasoline, a few hefty hemp sacks, some strong rope, a few dozen blindfolds, and a big windowless van, and end it as it all began - on fire, and being investigated in connection multiple disappearances over the tri-state area.
Unread 09-04-2016, 03:00 AM   #275
Nique
Niqo Niqo Nii~

Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

BRUH

Randomly logging in to just check on stuff. Super glad I didn't miss this and get unpleasantly surprised with new forum stuff.
Unread 09-04-2016, 09:19 AM   #276
Fenris
Administrator

Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana.
Send a message via AIM to Fenris Send a message via MSN to Fenris

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized View Post
in retrospect, made me a poor choice for forum moderation.
motherfucker you might think you were a bad mod but you will never be fenris levels of bad mod
Unread 09-04-2016, 06:17 PM   #277
shiney
Derrrrrrrrrrrrrp.

shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history.
Send a message via AIM to shiney Send a message via Yahoo to shiney

Nobody could ever hope to attain that level of bad dudeness. You were such a bad forum mod you may well have saved the president.
Unread 09-04-2016, 08:39 PM   #278
Hatake Kakashi
IIIIZAAAAYAAAAA KUUUUUN!

Hatake Kakashi single-handedly slew a dragon. Hatake Kakashi single-handedly slew a dragon. Hatake Kakashi single-handedly slew a dragon. Hatake Kakashi single-handedly slew a dragon. Hatake Kakashi single-handedly slew a dragon. Hatake Kakashi single-handedly slew a dragon.

So, is this a thing that's going to happen, then?

Frankly, while I'll always have fond memories of NPF, the things that brought me here initially have been gone for years now. 8BT rode off into the sunset, HIKYM and TD faded into development hell, or something, and RaiRO?

Well, RaiRO was a whole, shiny, wonderful, terrible clusterfuck all on its own.

A fresh start wouldn't bother me. When I look back on when I first joined, I feel embarrassed that at the time I was trying to defend some fairly reprehensible shit (how many of us were actually formerly conservative, here, anyway?). I'd like to say "but then I went to college and got educated," but I can't help but to notice that many discussions I had here (most of them quite heated) served as a turning point for discarding many of my old delusions. All that said, I wouldn't mind shedding that old baggage and seeing where new ideas can take me.
e: 5e can only eat dicks if you specifically tell the DM how you do it. If your description does not meet his expectations all dicks stay uneaten. The Fighter may only eat 1d4-1 dicks once per day, the Wizard gets a cantrip.
Hatake Kakashi is offline Add to Hatake Kakashi's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2016, 11:31 PM   #279
Solid Snake
Erotic Esquire

Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way.
Send a message via AIM to Solid Snake

If we're serious about creating a new NPF, does that mean we get to create new usernames for ourselves too? Maybe I'll try to reinvent myself by claiming I'm not me at all, give myself some wacky new name and claim I'm some total newbie to a new forum. That'd be fun!
Unread 09-05-2016, 01:03 AM   #280
The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk
War Incarnate

The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk's Avatar

The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Send a message via MSN to The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk

You'd give yourself away at the first wall of text Snake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azisien View Post
"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR I AM A GIANT SPACE TURTLE!!!"
PSN - Hawk_of_Battle
The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is offline Add to The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk's Reputation   Reply With Quote