The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Bullshit Mountain
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 09-08-2016, 07:25 PM   #321
Flarecobra
Burn.

Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.
Send a message via AIM to Flarecobra Send a message via Yahoo to Flarecobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Midgard Serpent (I have no idea what that would even be in this analogy)
Clearly, internet worms and viruses.

Rules. Read them, know them, love them.
Flarecobra is offline Add to Flarecobra's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2016, 08:23 PM   #322
Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope
Definitely NOT a samurai

Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope's Avatar

Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero.

Quote:
It's clearly destiny. Somehow our fates have become entwined and this revelation is like, the 6th or 7th seal before the coming of the End Times.

And speaking of the End Times, any word yet on exactly that's supposed to go down? Are we like, gona get all Ragnarokian up in here and have a big war where the dead (read; the Banned) return to us, the spam bots finally break through the Last Great Firewall and the Midgard Serpent (I have no idea what that would even be in this analogy) wakes up and then we all have a great big war where we all kill each other? Or are we going with a more Revelations esq route where the innocent get Raptured to the Promised Land (read; gain early access to the new site) leaving this rest of us to fight it out for 7 years of war, battling over the limited remaining resources (bandwidth space) amid endless earthquakes and rains of fire (wherein the mod forum opens up for all to see and everyone is given mod powers to abuse, deleting/locking/moving each others posts/threads/accounts on a whim)?

Or is this just a boring old heat death type affair, where everything just breaks down slowly over time until nothing's left? Because that last one is distinctly less metal than the others and I feel it would be a disservice to the ancient prophecies of the NPF (we do have ancient prophecies, right?) if we took that option.
This sounds like the plot of an Avvy's RP

Lost in the Music ~ On Hiatus

Tales of a Torn World ~ World Building
Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is offline Add to Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2016, 08:59 PM   #323
Krylo
The Straightest Shota

Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat].

Quote:
Midgard Serpent (I have no idea what that would even be in this analogy)
So. . . a massive serpent, snake one might say, that is constantly eating its own tail?

Yes, what on this forum could represent that?

Last edited by Krylo; 09-08-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Krylo is offline Add to Krylo's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2016, 09:05 PM   #324
Steel Shadow
Mild Psychosis

Steel Shadow is the belle of the ball. Steel Shadow is the belle of the ball. Steel Shadow is the belle of the ball. Steel Shadow is the belle of the ball. Steel Shadow is the belle of the ball. Steel Shadow is the belle of the ball.
Send a message via AIM to Steel Shadow Send a message via MSN to Steel Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Steel Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylo View Post
So. . . a massive serpent, snake one might say, that is constantly eating its own tail?

Yes, what on this forum could represent that?
... The end times had begun long before we ever realized our sun was setting. How could we have been so blind?
Unread 09-08-2016, 09:08 PM   #325
Krylo
The Straightest Shota

Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat].

Well, the end times begin when the jormungandr releases his tail. . . Which, Snake HAS been more confident lately, so.
Unread 09-09-2016, 06:47 AM   #326
dementedmongoose
Mangoose!

dementedmongoose will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.

My first rep was by Dartanian for an RP post. My last rep was by Bluestarultor for agreeing with him when the USG seized some pirate site server. Incidentally, that was my only green rep.

I only gave out one rep, to Bosolai, for explaining what an RP is.

I'm suddenly realizing almost all my posts were in the RPG sections. Escapism, FTW!
But you were something like a dream come true.
dementedmongoose is offline Add to dementedmongoose's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2016, 07:43 AM   #327
Token
Magikoopa

Token can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Token can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Token can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Token can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Token can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Token can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Token can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Token can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Token can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Token can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Token can afford to hire someone to poop for them.

I honestly just kind of assumed the end times would be ushered in by the final, actual, complete realization of COM;COL.

Which I may or may not be working on.
Token is offline Add to Token's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2016, 09:45 PM   #328
Ryong
Professional Threadkiller

Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson.
Send a message via Skype™ to Ryong

Wait I'm not still banned?

Huh.
Ryong is offline Add to Ryong's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2016, 08:38 PM   #329
tacticslion
Regulator

tacticslion bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. tacticslion bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. tacticslion bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. tacticslion bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. tacticslion bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. tacticslion bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted.
Serious I just found this. Wow. (Merged Post Title: "I'm a nerd, is what I'm saying.")

So, uh, I just caught up.

Q.Q

I love you guys so much. Seriously.

For the record:
- I'm still pretty conservative for most things, and many of you probably would hate me (or at least think I'm pretty terrible); sorry
- I still think all you are awesome and I'm really glad I've been here as long as I have been and know you all as well as I do; and I really appreciate each of you - and, yeah, I mean you, too
- much like Rick, I have conflicted feelings of desire to cling to the past and the threads and Rep and posts and conversations and friends that are no longer here; and kind of a general acceptance of, "Yeah, okay, I really shouldn't burden shiney (or anyone) with paying real money to maintain what amounts to, 'Man, I like reading old things that no one except me cares about anymore.'"-style ambivalence.

And, synk - and shiney, and fenris, and Krylo, and POS, and everyone else: I'm glad you guys were mods (or held the other official titles you did and do) that you did (or do) for the times you did (or do). Thank you all. I'm sorry that the stress, pressure, and drain we put on you - that I often did in my own way. Thank you for what you did (and do). A lot.

I suppose it's real irony that, after months of extreme business (out of town, combined with ramping up for school prep, combined with school and after-school activities, combined with life stuff meaning zero time to do stuff) I finally come here to ask if I can invite a bunch of folks here to gripe about stuff in a relatively laid-back place, I find that the forums are closing. I always did like that song, no matter how much people didn't, in general.

I really would love to meet you all and give you all hugs, if you'd let me at some point. I live in Florida and basically have no money, but I was super-excited to meet Magic Marker in Nerdapalooza 2010! That was awesome! (As was his hat! )

Still, looking forward to seeing you all at some point.

All I'm saying is that my family currently has a year-round pass to Aquatica...

(I'm not saying we acquired them under "suspicious circumstances" - because we didn't! - so, you know...)

... and Florida is really nice...

... hint...

(I do not expect all of NPF to come here. But if you somehow all decided to move here, there are worse things that would happen in the world. And I'd give you all warm hugs and try to play RPGs with you all a lot. And probably go outside and exercise with you and all that weird social stuff that I don't do right now 'cause I'm a shut-in.)

But, yeah, whatever we decide to do, I love you guys, and I'm glad for all the years we've had here together and everything we've had together.

I loved 8-bit', I loved Warbot, I loved HIKYM, and I loved The Dreadful, and I loved talking about them all; and I also loved all of this stuff here in these forums with you guys - well, not all of it, because I'm sorry for any times I've hurt anyone. I sincerely have not intended and do not intend to hurt any of you, but, eh, it may happen. I apologize in advance, and will try to avoid that, too.

I love you guys, and this place. I'm sad that it's going. I'm grateful for the time we've had here. Thank you all for being who you are and being a part of my life. I look forward to that continuing, no matter what happens to the new forum thing shiney cooks up. See you on the other side!

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

I really want this game to come back now.

Of course, I also want our Baldur's Gate, Crimson Echoes, and Fallout # LP games to come back.

... Krylo. >:I

(Look, you're responsible for one of those, anyway.)

((No, but seriously, I understand why games fall through. More now than ever. It's really weird how pressure builds up from, like, nowhere. I suck at PbP stuff, I've learned.))

EDIT: The merged post should totally have the "Fun" icon, but the first part of the post is serious, so I stuck with that icon for the post over-all. I really do care about you guys, even though I've not met most of you face-to-face. But I'm also a doofus and game nerd.

You should watch this trailer! It's awesome! (The rest of the site's really cool, too!)

I have a small announcement to make. And another!

Last edited by tacticslion; 09-18-2016 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Arg! Forgot the post-merge-thing. It changed my Serious icon of the 1st post to a Fun of my 2nd post. Hrm. Guess I'll stick with Serios, as it applies more?
tacticslion is offline Add to tacticslion's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2016, 09:26 PM   #330
Karrrrrrrrrrrresche
Objectively The Third Worst

Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them.
Send a message via AIM to Karrrrrrrrrrrresche Send a message via MSN to Karrrrrrrrrrrresche

Fenris bullied me by +repping a post from 2004 making me realize how badly I typed and how dumb I was.

I want to believe I was fucking around back then but I'm pretty sure I wasn't.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

ALSO I STILL HAVE THIS FUCKING NAME

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD IT IS TO LOG IN WITHOUT COPY PASTING MY NAME FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE?
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old�s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.
Karrrrrrrrrrrresche is offline Add to Karrrrrrrrrrrresche's Reputation   Reply With Quote