The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Bullshit Mountain
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

Closed Thread
View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 10-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
RobinStarwing
C.M.B.A.S.O.B

RobinStarwing is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. RobinStarwing is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. RobinStarwing is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. RobinStarwing is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life.
Send a message via Yahoo to RobinStarwing
Serious How far is too far?

I saw this listed in Yahoo and read it. Sharing it with you guys. Put it here in General as I felt it was the safest place to put it.

Real-life Anime Girl: Anastasiya Shpagina’s Bizarre Make-up Tutorial

I think this: While I adore anime and yes, I have anime girl crushes...this girl is down right creepy and ugly to me. It's a good makeup job, don't get me wrong. But the problem is the body modification she has had done already and wants done in the future. I'm betting Moka and Kurumu don't weigh in at 90 lbs nor are their waists that small.

So seriously guys, tell me what you think.

Accept No Substitutes
Also known as "The Least Interesting Man in The World" according to multiple surveys
RobinStarwing is offline Add to RobinStarwing's Reputation  
Unread 10-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
Flarecobra
Burn.

Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.
Send a message via AIM to Flarecobra Send a message via Yahoo to Flarecobra

There are fans, and then there are the zealots.

This person, I think surpasses the "Zealot" factor.

Rules. Read them, know them, love them.
Flarecobra is offline Add to Flarecobra's Reputation  
Unread 10-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
Tev
Funka has spoken!

Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know!

That's a pretty impressive makeup job. As for body modification, if I start down the trans-humanism rabbit-hole, we'll be here forever. Suffice to say, that's not the oddest thing I've seen or heard of people doing to modify their bodies.

I have spoken.
Tev is offline Add to Tev's Reputation  
Unread 10-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
Grandmaster_Skweeb
Doesn't care anymore

Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age.

Fire is the cure.

It is the only way.
Grandmaster_Skweeb is offline Add to Grandmaster_Skweeb's Reputation  
Unread 10-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
A Zarkin' Frood
formerly known as Prince.

A Zarkin' Frood is facing every kind of danger imaginable - and loving it! A Zarkin' Frood is facing every kind of danger imaginable - and loving it! A Zarkin' Frood is facing every kind of danger imaginable - and loving it! A Zarkin' Frood is facing every kind of danger imaginable - and loving it! A Zarkin' Frood is facing every kind of danger imaginable - and loving it! A Zarkin' Frood is facing every kind of danger imaginable - and loving it! A Zarkin' Frood is facing every kind of danger imaginable - and loving it! A Zarkin' Frood is facing every kind of danger imaginable - and loving it! A Zarkin' Frood is facing every kind of danger imaginable - and loving it!

Burn them witches, yo. Why'd they stop doing that anyway? Burning people for no reason is the best thing to do.

Well okay, we could burn them for being different. That's almost as great.

C-:

Last edited by A Zarkin' Frood; 10-03-2012 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Does look shit, though.
A Zarkin' Frood is offline Add to A Zarkin' Frood's Reputation  
Unread 10-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #6
Aerozord
So we are clear

Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was.
Send a message via AIM to Aerozord Send a message via MSN to Aerozord Send a message via Yahoo to Aerozord

welcome to the uncanny valley. We hope you enjoy your stay
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
pochercoaster
rollerpocher tycoon

pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve.
Send a message via AIM to pochercoaster Send a message via MSN to pochercoaster

I don't really see what the problem is. Yeah, it looks strange, but what does it matter to me?

She does not look like an unhealthy weight. Check google images search- in every photo she looks like she's simply lean, but not unhealthily skinny. Here is a good example. That's not someone with a (visible) illness. 90 pounds -is- light, but if you're a short person that might be within a normal weight range for you. She's wearing a waist cincher in the article you linked, which may cause problems IF worn constantly, but she's not even wearing the cincher in the majority of her photos.

That does not mean she might not have an eating disorder, since EDs can vary in their intensity depending on how strict the person is with themselves. However there is no reason to assume by simply looking at her that there's a problem. You cannot know what someone's health is like by simply looking at them. I know no one brought up EDs specifically but it seems like they were gonna come up eventually so.

I poked around for articles about her surgery and nothing turned up except that she wants surgery in the future but hasn't had any so far. Anyways, if she does want to have surgery why aren't we blaming the cosmetic surgery industry? If she wants eye surgery why aren't we talking about how western standards of beauty are used throughout the world to shame women about their bodies if they're not thin and white and have european features in order to sell them unnecessary products and procedures?

Last edited by pochercoaster; 10-03-2012 at 02:30 PM.
pochercoaster is offline Add to pochercoaster's Reputation  
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #8
RobinStarwing
C.M.B.A.S.O.B

RobinStarwing is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. RobinStarwing is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. RobinStarwing is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. RobinStarwing is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life.
Send a message via Yahoo to RobinStarwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocheros View Post
I don't really see what the problem is. Yeah, it looks strange, but what does it matter to me?

She does not look like an unhealthy weight. Check google images search- in every photo she looks like she's simply lean, but not unhealthily skinny. Here is a good example. That's not someone with a (visible) illness. 90 pounds -is- light, but if you're a short person that might be within a normal weight range for you. She's wearing a waist cincher in the article you linked, which may cause problems IF worn constantly, but she's not even wearing the cincher in the majority of her photos.

That does not mean she might not have an eating disorder, since EDs can vary in their intensity depending on how strict the person is with themselves. However there is no reason to assume by simply looking at her that there's a problem. You cannot know what someone's health is like by simply looking at them. I know no one brought up EDs specifically but it seems like they were gonna come up eventually so.

I poked around for articles about her surgery and nothing turned up except that she wants surgery in the future but hasn't had any so far. Anyways, if she does want to have surgery why aren't we blaming the cosmetic surgery industry? If she wants eye surgery why aren't we talking about how western standards of beauty are used throughout the world to shame women about their bodies if they're not thin and white and have european features in order to sell them unnecessary products and procedures?
I think you miss my point Poch.

My issue is that she seems addicted to wanting to look like this. It doesn't look healthy or right. It has nothing to do with my standards on how a woman should look.

Also, she wants to look like a girl out of an anime, that is a far cry from anything European.

Accept No Substitutes
Also known as "The Least Interesting Man in The World" according to multiple surveys
RobinStarwing is offline Add to RobinStarwing's Reputation  
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
A Zarkin' Frood
formerly known as Prince.

A Zarkin' Frood is facing every kind of danger imaginable - and loving it! A Zarkin' Frood is facing every kind of danger imaginable - and loving it! A Zarkin' Frood is facing every kind of danger imaginable - and loving it! A Zarkin' Frood is facing every kind of danger imaginable - and loving it! A Zarkin' Frood is facing every kind of danger imaginable - and loving it! A Zarkin' Frood is facing every kind of danger imaginable - and loving it! A Zarkin' Frood is facing every kind of danger imaginable - and loving it! A Zarkin' Frood is facing every kind of danger imaginable - and loving it! A Zarkin' Frood is facing every kind of danger imaginable - and loving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinStarwing View Post
My issue is that she seems addicted to wanting to look like this. It doesn't look healthy or right.
Define healthy.
Define right.

I don't like how she looks, but if that's the way she wants to look I see no reason to judge her for that.

C-:
A Zarkin' Frood is offline Add to A Zarkin' Frood's Reputation  
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #10
Meister
Pure joy

Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay!
Send a message via AIM to Meister Send a message via MSN to Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinStarwing View Post
It has nothing to do with my standards on how a woman should look.
Quote:
It doesn't look [...] right.

And I don't think a yahoo blog entry with highly questionable sourcing standards is quite the right foundation to determine whether someone's addicted to anything.
Meister is offline Add to Meister's Reputation  
Closed Thread