The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Bullshit Mountain
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 10-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #21
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

You put the nozzle in the hole and press the button for the grade you want. You don't even have to do it in that order. Explain your difficulty that I might understand.
Unread 10-07-2012, 01:33 AM   #22
PyrosNine
Zettai Hero

PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Send a message via AIM to PyrosNine Send a message via Yahoo to PyrosNine

How do you know when it's done? Sometimes it will make the "kaklunk' sound like your tank is full, and that it's stopped pumping, but then when you pull it out THE GAS keeps coming out! And it spills on the side of your car, on your feet, and even when you try and y'know, wait for it to be empty, there's alway some left.

And then as you're driving off, you can't help but fear that someone's going to carelessly drop a cigarette on the exact spot you spilled gas, and your entire neighborhood is going to explode in flames, just because of you and your inefficient gas getting.

And getting parked close enough that you don't have to fight to get the hose in, yet far enough away from the pump to have to squeeze in there to select your gas and swipe your card. You can kind of spend a bit of time adjusting your car's placement, but you can't do it too long or everyone will notice how awkward you are so you end up making one last adjustment and and now you have to stretch the hose to get it into your car.

And of course, now that I have a European car, I have to remember to pull alongside the pump from the opposite side than I would in my mom's American car.

And then, is it kosher to walk into the gas station to buy something, or should I start my car first and move it into a parking spot so someone else can use my pump? But isn't that a waste of gas? But what if I take forever deciding what flavor of doritos I want with my sun-drop, and all the pump get used so someone has to wait for gas?

Also, what should I do to clean off the gasoline or at least remove the spilled gasoline smell from my car?

I THINK I, PYROS NINE OF ALL PEOPLE NEED TO BE MORE CAREFUL AROUND GASOLINE.

Current Works for reading: War Between them, Karma Police.

PyrosNine: Weirdo Magnet Extraordinaire!
PyrosNine is offline Add to PyrosNine's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 03:05 AM   #23
Arcanum
Strike the Earth!

Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was.
Default I guess stop going to sketchy gas stations?

Ummm... you stop squeezing the handle before you pull the nozzle out of your car. If, for some reason, the gas is still flowing, you should let the folks at the gas station know because that's kind of a serious problem.

Then again, I am compelled to round my gas cost to the nearest 50 cents (since I pay per liter it's easy) and squeeze the handle an extra few times until the price is rounded. So that might affect any "leftover" gas in the nozzle spilling out. But I doubt it.

Also, at all the gas stations around here they watch you like a hawk and will shut down the pump if they see you with a cigarette or a cellphone or if you look under the legal driving age.
Unread 10-07-2012, 03:37 AM   #24
rpgdemon
Not a Taco

rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanum View Post
Then again, I am compelled to round my gas cost to the nearest 50 cents (since I pay per liter it's easy) and squeeze the handle an extra few times until the price is rounded. So that might affect any "leftover" gas in the nozzle spilling out. But I doubt it.
That's really bad, and you need to stop doing it. "Topping off" your tank after the pump has stopped is dangerous, and less importantly, it can also damage your car.

But yeah, pumping gas is easy. The first time I ever pumped gas was in the middle of a rainy cold drizzly day, my hands were numb, and I had no idea what I was doing, but I managed to get it to work easily. Just follow the instructions, and stop pumping when the pump shuts off. I have no idea how you're spilling gas on yourself, but you shouldn't be holding the trigger thing down after it stops pumping.
I did a lot of posting on here as a teenager, and I was pretty awful. Even after I learned, grew up, and came to be on the right side of a lot of important issues, I was still angry, abrasive, and generally increased the amount of hate in the world, in pretty unacceptable ways. On the off chance that someone is taking a trip down memory lane looking through those old threads, I wanted to devote my signature to say directly to you, I'm sorry.

Thank you for letting me be better, NPF.
rpgdemon is offline Add to rpgdemon's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #25
Professor Smarmiarty
Sent to the cornfield

Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law.
Send a message via MSN to Professor Smarmiarty

Man if you want a business, everyone should fund my homeopathy practice. Instead of normal shit water like homeopaths use I'm going to use Milli-Q type water which is basically just water. Instead of doing shitting little manual shaking mixes like they do, I'm going to sonicate shit. I will make the most homeopathic medicines ever know.
Professor Smarmiarty is offline Add to Professor Smarmiarty's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #26
Meister
Pure joy

Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay!
Send a message via AIM to Meister Send a message via MSN to Meister

Zoolander was not an instructional video, dude.
Meister is offline Add to Meister's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #27
Professor Smarmiarty
Sent to the cornfield

Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law.
Send a message via MSN to Professor Smarmiarty

I dun get it.
Professor Smarmiarty is offline Add to Professor Smarmiarty's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #28
walkertexasdruid
I am the One

walkertexasdruid is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light. walkertexasdruid is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light.

I wish I could find a job where I do not have to deal with so many unpleasant people, especially if one or two of those people have authority over me. I dealt with that for a year until I trnasfered to another store i July, but there is always a chance that I will have to take orders from another jerk sometime in the future.