The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > News and current events
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 10-18-2012, 12:08 AM   #11
synkr0nized
synk-ism

synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law.
Send a message via ICQ to synkr0nized Send a message via AIM to synkr0nized Send a message via MSN to synkr0nized Send a message via Skype™ to synkr0nized
Default Oh, that makes a bit more sense, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikose Tyris View Post
The "Other Answer" button has less loaded options for pretty much every question, too.
So I didn't allow the script to run that let that button get rendered (rockin' NoScript with the default being to block everything), and it also prevented me from seeing that there's an option to give weight to a question/answer.

This opened things up quite a bit; I'm fairly confident my only changes were to explore the additional answers and choose one that more closely aligned with my thoughts where appropriate. I had done the "extra" questions both times. I definitely feel it's worth noting several of these were significantly different than a mere "yes" or "no" answer as I originally saw, so I am sure exploring these options when you answer heavily affects the math behind the site. And then I was able to give weights to some issues, so I am sure that further adjusted the calculation.

I now have the following:

86% Obama, 81% Jill Stein, 69% Johnson, 28% Romney
82% Democrat, 77% Green, 41% Libertarian, 21% Republican

Let this be a lesson, kids -- the little details matter.
Though I had no problem with a random website telling me I was fairly moderate overall, it's nice to see lower Republican numbers.

Find love.

Last edited by synkr0nized; 10-18-2012 at 12:15 AM. Reason: bleep bloop
synkr0nized is offline Add to synkr0nized's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 01:26 AM   #12
Meister
Pure joy

Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay!
Send a message via AIM to Meister Send a message via MSN to Meister

I've seen some badly presented surveys in my time but this one is by far the worst. You need to expand sections with more than three questions manually - does it count the survey if you don't do that? If no, why hide them, if yes, what makes the questions beyond the cut-off point negligible? Same for the more nuanced answers - either they're relevant, then present them from the start, or they aren't, then don't bother having them.

93% Stein and Green for whatever that's worth with this shoddy setup.
Meister is offline Add to Meister's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 01:27 AM   #13
pochercoaster
rollerpocher tycoon

pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve.
Send a message via AIM to pochercoaster Send a message via MSN to pochercoaster

Oh crap, I didn't even notice that there were additional questions you could expand. Shoddy set up indeed.
pochercoaster is offline Add to pochercoaster's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 03:40 AM   #14
Amake
Keeper of the new

Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something.

Some fun stuff here. "Should the US maintain a presence at the United Nations?" I think the appropriate phrasing would be "Should the US become a serious UN member and pay its billions of owed arrears without extorting special favors?" But yes, I'm in favor of anything that gives the world's superpower the tiniest smudge of incentive to uphold human rights.

Apparently I'm 86% Jill Stein, 1% Romney and 47% America. Also 84% Green, 74% Democrat and 41% Libertarian. No Republican content!

And because of me zero people have taken this quiz. No, wait, I didn't mean to. . .what did I do? What about you guys, you have still taken it, right? They must be lying. I haven't even talked to anyone about it, how could I have prevented anyone from taken it?
Amake is offline Add to Amake's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #15
Magus
Archer and Armstrong vs. the World

Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something.
Send a message via AIM to Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister View Post
I've seen some badly presented surveys in my time but this one is by far the worst. You need to expand sections with more than three questions manually - does it count the survey if you don't do that? If no, why hide them, if yes, what makes the questions beyond the cut-off point negligible? Same for the more nuanced answers - either they're relevant, then present them from the start, or they aren't, then don't bother having them.

93% Stein and Green for whatever that's worth with this shoddy setup.
When half the voter base probably just votes straight Democrat or straight Republican, it's not surprising they felt like "streamlining" it...
Magus is offline Add to Magus's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #16
Japan
Sent to the cornfield

Japan is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light. Japan is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light.

96% democrat
89% green
57% libertarian
7% Republican

I'd like to think that this is basically a breakdown of the average non-bullshit content of a parties platform. But nah, no way the dems are only 4% bullshit.

Interestingly enough I agree with Jill Stein a lot. Like, to the point where I checked the little link that showed our agreements and disagreements and decided to change my answers on the majority of things I disagreed with her about. Forgot to click the more options button a few times it seems...

Last edited by Japan; 10-18-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Japan is offline Add to Japan's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #17
Hatake Kakashi
IIIIZAAAAYAAAAA KUUUUUN!

Hatake Kakashi single-handedly slew a dragon. Hatake Kakashi single-handedly slew a dragon. Hatake Kakashi single-handedly slew a dragon. Hatake Kakashi single-handedly slew a dragon. Hatake Kakashi single-handedly slew a dragon. Hatake Kakashi single-handedly slew a dragon.

I am apparently a malcontent, as it seems I don't side strongly with anyone. However, it seems I side mostly with

Obama 70%
Stein 66%
Johnson 63%
Sata...err... Romney 34%??? How the fuck did that happen?

Green and Democratic both at 61%
Libertarian 37%
Republican 20%

Odd... I suppose I'm still growing away from the Repubs. Fuck me, I thought I was already there.

In any case, it still confirms what I planned anyway. I would've loved to have voted independent, were I not mortally afraid of Romney winning. Hence, I'm voting the best chance to keep his smug, anti-human ass out of office.
e: 5e can only eat dicks if you specifically tell the DM how you do it. If your description does not meet his expectations all dicks stay uneaten. The Fighter may only eat 1d4-1 dicks once per day, the Wizard gets a cantrip.

Last edited by Hatake Kakashi; 10-18-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Hatake Kakashi is offline Add to Hatake Kakashi's Reputation   Reply With Quote