The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Bullshit Mountain
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 09-01-2016, 03:09 AM   #261
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

It's an abandoned temple. With crummy wi-fi. That smells like philosophers. And I don't live there, I hang out there. Alone.
Unread 09-01-2016, 08:04 AM   #262
Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope
Definitely NOT a samurai

Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope's Avatar

Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_ View Post
Team Hermit always has openings. We don't really do anything or hang out. Actively avoid each other, honestly. Lots of veiled in-group hostility. Which now occurs to me as odd, since I seem to be the only one on the team. But it's really easy, and I think we still have that temple in the foothills, but that's my temple so back off the wi-fi's only good enough for one computer.

If you want to snipe at Daimo for equating philosophy and pacifism, though, team hermit could be the team for you!
Umm...thank you?

Lost in the Music ~ On Hiatus

Tales of a Torn World ~ World Building
Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is offline Add to Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2016, 05:49 PM   #263
rpgdemon
Not a Taco

rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB View Post
Wh- temple!? Any hermit worth his rags lives in a cave!!
Phil_ can't be worth his rags; his tattered loincloth outvalues him!
I did a lot of posting on here as a teenager, and I was pretty awful. Even after I learned, grew up, and came to be on the right side of a lot of important issues, I was still angry, abrasive, and generally increased the amount of hate in the world, in pretty unacceptable ways. On the off chance that someone is taking a trip down memory lane looking through those old threads, I wanted to devote my signature to say directly to you, I'm sorry.

Thank you for letting me be better, NPF.
rpgdemon is offline Add to rpgdemon's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2016, 07:06 PM   #264
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

The loincloth was smart and didn't take out a bunch of student loans it couldn't pay.
Unread 09-03-2016, 09:10 PM   #265
synkr0nized
synk-ism

synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law.
Send a message via ICQ to synkr0nized Send a message via AIM to synkr0nized Send a message via MSN to synkr0nized Send a message via Skype™ to synkr0nized
Default I am also sure I posted about myself in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarecobra View Post
I imagine everyone who has been active for more then a month is on that list.
I am pretty sure I linked the forum member list more than once in that thread.

Close this one down, get rid of it. No one still here gives a shit about Nuklear Power - I suspect it's much more about keeping some online ties and chatting at this point, if it wasn't already years ago.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerozord View Post
Thats... pretty unsatisfactory to be honest.
None of the media is stored in the forum's database. So the tool would have to both run a database query AND reach out to each and every URL in a post that's in an image tag. In order to serve this to you as something usable, rather than being able to give you a single (text) file, it would probably have to write the saved thread in some kind of offline HTML format (one huge ass page, or perhaps multiple pages based on your posts-per-page setting) that referenced images appropriately, meaning it would also have to alter each post that contained an IMG tag so that these pointed to the new source, local/relative to where the text file is stored. And then that would need to be archived by the very same script so that you could just save one file.

So, server-side execution in what is a client-side script.

This is a bit rambly, but the point is that I don't see any vBulletin mod authors coding that any time soon, and I sure didn't have the time for it when I was adding features to the forum.

Is it possible? I believe so. You could have the "download thread" item actually reload the page, causing it to go through the whole process on the server before delivering you on the client side some kind of file as well as re-display the thread. But for sufficiently large threads, this processing could take a while (I don't know how long it takes right now for some of the longer ones just to deliver you text), and might even fail -- especially if referenced images have been moved or don't exist (i.e. would need to wait for timeouts and move on).

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Incidentally, I do think of NPF now and again.

I think about how fun it was here over the years.

And then I inevitably think about how I probably made it so no one likes me in the last year or so I was here, and I get sad. And I don't visit the site.
This is also why I rarely, if ever, reach out to anyone on Steam. That and the fact that I am kind of aloof with chatting anymore.

I genuinely hope you are all in a good place in your lives and happy. To see that many of you still post here and get a long does put a smile on my face.

Find love.

Last edited by synkr0nized; 09-03-2016 at 09:08 PM.
synkr0nized is offline Add to synkr0nized's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2016, 09:14 PM   #266
Solid Snake
Erotic Esquire

Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way.
Send a message via AIM to Solid Snake
Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized View Post

Close this one down, get rid of it. No one still here gives a shit about Nuklear Power
...I mean, if you're talking about Brian's webcomic, then yes, I do not disagree with that assessment.
But it's been so long since Brian's webcomic was even relevant that I've long since started associating "Nuklear Power" with this webforum community instead of the webcomics, and therefore, I would be disappointed if we called the new forums anything that wasn't 'NPF.' All of you are Nuklear Power to me.

...And I can't even remember why I or anyone else here would possibly be angry with you, Synk. When I think of forumites here who've burned bridges, I think of people like Fifthfiend and Smarty. You don't even begin to scratch that surface.
Unread 09-03-2016, 09:23 PM   #267
synkr0nized
synk-ism

synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law.
Send a message via ICQ to synkr0nized Send a message via AIM to synkr0nized Send a message via MSN to synkr0nized Send a message via Skype™ to synkr0nized
Visual Arts But them gems, though. I foresee mad dashes for those.

In that sense of "NPF", I concur. I think it might be good to distance from the NPF of old with a new name, but on the other hand it might be great to keep using it to identify this place / you folks, as it's not like it has to mean an old webcomic community.

Also, thanks for saying as much. I take anything i do wrong to extremes. It's part of what, in retrospect, made me a poor choice for forum moderation. But I don't want to spiral into that discussion.

If this places rises up again I could see myself posting. I kind of miss forums, even though I've not had them in my life for something like 2 years.

Find love.
synkr0nized is offline Add to synkr0nized's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2016, 09:30 PM   #268
Solid Snake
Erotic Esquire

Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way.
Send a message via AIM to Solid Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized View Post
In that sense of "NPF", I concur. I think it might be good to distance from the NPF of old with a new name, but on the other hand it might be great to keep using it to identify this place / you folks, as it's not like it has to mean an old webcomic community.
I think even if Shiney named the new forum something else, I'd always just think of it as 'NPF' as that habit has been burned into my brain for well over a decade, now.

You know how I've often been considered the King of self-loathing on NPF? There's a certain amount of self-loathing and regret in these posts here that I get, because any place we've spent so many years at is going to include a metric ton of our ugliness and fuck-ups, but I just can't get behind the notion that our fuck-ups have unilaterally defined our experiences on these forums. For every awful NPF memory I have, I have at least five or ten great NPF memories. And for every forumite here I've disagreed with or disliked in any way or for any reason, there's been at least five forumites who I respect and do not regret knowing.

I guess sometimes all this "Let's burn it all down" talk just strikes me as exposing some incredibly pessimistic views of ourselves and each other, and in response to that I kinda want to reiterate: Sure, we've all fucked up, but I sure as hell don't regret knowing like 95% of you, warts and all.
Unread 09-03-2016, 10:35 PM   #269
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
Send a message via MSN to Kyanbu The Legend

Same here. despite everything that's happened. I'm glad I came here and stayed as long as I did.
Unread 09-03-2016, 11:54 PM   #270
Grandmaster_Skweeb
Doesn't care anymore

Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age.

Life support is a hell of a sad drawn out process. The time to pull the plug has long since been overdue since what made this place a real community died years ago.

Anyone who I regularly associate with have nothing to do with this hole anyway.

I'm out.
Grandmaster_Skweeb is offline Add to Grandmaster_Skweeb's Reputation   Reply With Quote