The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 04-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #21
CheshireThief
Still RaiRai's *****

CheshireThief will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.
Send a message via AIM to CheshireThief Send a message via MSN to CheshireThief Send a message via Yahoo to CheshireThief Send a message via Skype™ to CheshireThief

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILNess View Post
I play on maelstrom too whats your guild's name?
My guild's name is <Broken As Designed>.

My warlock goes by the name Velgarr.
Unread 04-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #22
Funka Genocide
Sent to the cornfield

Funka Genocide can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Funka Genocide can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Funka Genocide can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Funka Genocide can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Funka Genocide can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Funka Genocide can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Funka Genocide can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Funka Genocide can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

I've got 3 80's all ready, so I sort of felt left out by this new trend.

until I convinced my girlfriend to give it a try.

We'll probably start new characters together on linked accounts, I'm going to transfer some boa gear to her account by being the owner of both, so that we can rock through the whole game at ludicrous speed.

I like the trend blizz is going for, while it irks the elitist jerk in me, the elitist jerk in me is sort of a dick, so yeah.
Funka Genocide is offline Add to Funka Genocide's Reputation  
Unread 04-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #23
01d55
Not 55 years old.

01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero.

Speaking of elitist jerks, am I the only end-game raider here? We're not super hard-core, but we are pretty close to killing 25m Sarth 3d.
01d55 is offline Add to 01d55's Reputation  
Unread 04-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #24
Major Blood
I'm out.

Major Blood is so pumped up.
Send a message via AIM to Major Blood Send a message via MSN to Major Blood Send a message via Skype™ to Major Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01d55 View Post
Speaking of elitist jerks, am I the only end-game raider here? We're not super hard-core, but we are pretty close to killing 25m Sarth 3d.
Pfft. It's only hardcore if you kill him with all your raiders having rez sickness, all your monitors upside down, and only having 7 1/2 raiders(and 4 of them must be hunters).
Unread 04-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #25
POS Industries
Argus Agony

POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.
Send a message via AIM to POS Industries

Quote:
My guild's downed all endgame content, but not some of the more challenging achievements such as that. Our A-Team is likely capable of 2d, but we're in a bit of an internal conflict regarding clearing raid instances successfully and being done for the night versus going out of our way for achievements. I myself am almost completely epicced-out in my DPS set save for my bracers, with two pieces of t7.5 in my DPS set and one in my new tanking set I'm putting together, but I'm really dying for a weapon that isn't the silly BoE mace, or isn't a mace at all for that matter.

Armageddon is on my wish list, but the past two or three weeks have had me absent from the Four Horsemen fight due to a bright idea that was had to have our weekly Maly runs held before the first night of Naxx25, and I hates me some vehicles so I don't go.

We are, I assure you, the preeminent late night casual raiding guild on Uther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Blood View Post
Pfft. It's only hardcore if you kill him with all your raiders having rez sickness, all your monitors upside down, and only having 7 1/2 raiders(and 4 of them must be hunters).
Last night, I presented an idea to the guild to add an extra challenge by kiting Patchwerk through the slimes. This technique is referred to as "Extreme Frogger."

Last edited by POS Industries; 04-04-2009 at 10:02 PM.
POS Industries is offline Add to POS Industries's Reputation  
Unread 04-04-2009, 10:31 PM   #26
01d55
Not 55 years old.

01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero. 01d55 is a real American hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS Industries View Post
My guild's downed all endgame content, but not some of the more challenging achievements such as that. Our A-Team is likely capable of 2d, but we're in a bit of an internal conflict regarding clearing raid instances successfully and being done for the night versus going out of our way for achievements.
Definately go for 2d. You get a Malygos quality loot drop and it's much more manageable than 3d - kill the guy on the right, he's the one that applies a 100% fire damage debuff after you pull Sarth. I can understand a guild not wanting to try for something that's basically twice as hard for nothing but a title and a mount, but there's really no reason not to go for the best loot.

P.S. You're gonna have to live with vehicles on the very first boss of Ulduar, so get used to 'em.
01d55 is offline Add to 01d55's Reputation  
Unread 04-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #27
POS Industries
Argus Agony

POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.
Send a message via AIM to POS Industries

Thank you, we know the strategy already.

Quote:
You're gonna have to live with vehicles on the very first boss of Ulduar, so get used to 'em.
Yeah, I'm well aware of it and am not looking forward to it in the slightest.

If they hadn't crammed the damn things into three fourths of all the quest chains in Northrend, I probably wouldn't be burnt out and disgusted with them already.

Last edited by POS Industries; 04-04-2009 at 10:38 PM.
POS Industries is offline Add to POS Industries's Reputation  
Unread 04-05-2009, 05:06 AM   #28
Cloud Strife
Stranger in a strange land.

Cloud Strife is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light. Cloud Strife is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light.
Send a message via AIM to Cloud Strife Send a message via MSN to Cloud Strife Send a message via Yahoo to Cloud Strife Send a message via Skype™ to Cloud Strife

I am one of the only (mostly) alliance people on here I presume, having characters on Lightbringer and Frostwolf, none of which are 80s because I suffer horribly from Alt-itis. A 74 Druid, 67 Nelf DK, 52 Hunter, 27 Rogue 19 Dwarven Hunter, 12 Belf Pally/70 Human DK, 45 Priest, 20 Hunter, 17 Druid. Ya. Alt-itis. :B

EDIT: Also, Bloodlust battlegroup (the one Frostwolf is on) seems to do quite well in PvP. Hell, I've done a couple 2000 to 0 AB's already, in the 70 bracket.
Unread 04-05-2009, 06:49 AM   #29
Grandmaster_Skweeb
Doesn't care anymore

Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age.

Quote:
I do me a fair bit of raiding m'self. Earned me the Twilight Vanquisher title some odd weeks back. Got a sucky roll on the drake though :|

this song pretty much sums things up for me in WoW. I'm just farming random shit for the sake of farming because my guild has downed everything in current content. Loops around icecrown minin, prospecting, making rings, disenchanting rings, selling dust, lather rinse and repeat as necessary.

Current projects: Rotating rested bonus on alts, fishing for dalaran fountain coins (almost done with gold and bronze!), power training blacksmithing & enchanting on alts, getting various BoA gear for alts, getting a tanking set put together for the death knight, things of that nature.

Mostly checking in on mmo-champion and blue tracker lately. Not liking me this chatter I hear about making the Frost tree for DKs more focused on dual-wielding. Things like that makes me sad in the pants.

Last edited by Grandmaster_Skweeb; 04-05-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Grandmaster_Skweeb is offline Add to Grandmaster_Skweeb's Reputation  
Unread 04-05-2009, 07:52 AM   #30
Funka Genocide
Sent to the cornfield

Funka Genocide can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Funka Genocide can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Funka Genocide can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Funka Genocide can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Funka Genocide can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Funka Genocide can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Funka Genocide can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Funka Genocide can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

I sort of hate the dk trees, I mean 3 viable tanking/dps builds just goes against everything else.

Why can't I main tank as an arms warrior with a 2 hander? etc. etc.

It always seemed like dual wield frost should have been the main tanking tree for DKs, but due to the over active "theory crafters" nobody but the bravest and least socially conscious will give it a fair shot.

My main is a Warrior, full epics with two thirds of those epics being 25 man gear. Still, missing some key items like a good weapon and a non-badge/crafted shield. And due to being in a pansy guild I haven't done any of those cool achievements, or even downed malygos despite personally owning the key.

grumble grumble
Funka Genocide is offline Add to Funka Genocide's Reputation