The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Games & Roleplaying > Roleplaying
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 01-12-2010, 04:13 AM   #11
Toastburner B
Toasty has left the building

Toastburner B is a name known to all, except that guy. Toastburner B is a name known to all, except that guy.
Send a message via AIM to Toastburner B Send a message via MSN to Toastburner B

((OOC: Since I have three characters talking, maybe I need to steal a page from AB's book.))

"This should be enough," Death said without preamble. "The target is Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin, who is also known as the Mad Monk. Rasputin should of died in 1916. On top of immortality, Rasputin also practices the art of necromancy."

"Necromancy?" Karen quietly asked her mentor.

"Necromancy basically means that he has the power to create undead, Delacroix explained. "The undead we usually hunt because such of their own will. Rasputin has the ability to turn people into undead against their will. So, on top of having to fight an immortal, we will likely have to battle a retinue of undead."

"That is correct, Death said, picking up the converstation between the two agents as if it was all planned. "While Rasputin is young for an immortal, his control over undead increases his threat. 8 reapers and 3 agents have been destroyed trying to collect Rasputin, which directly resulted in my decision to order you all to move against him at the same time." Down below on the main floor of the Church, a door groaned as it opened. "Here he comes," Death muttered. With a wave of his hand, he pulled himself and all the agents into the Veil.

"He has got to teach me how to do that," Jacque muttered, "I wasn't even standing in a shadow."

"Necromancy created undead are not as powerful as true undead,, Death continued his briefing without missing a beat. "The undead he was created from unwilling victims will be little more than slowly moving corpses, and will be easily cast into the Veil, where reapers will be waiting to collect them. However, Rasputin does have a handful of willing undead that act as his body guards: a vampiric couple, a revenant, a werewolf, and a jaing shi. All of these are bound to this world by Rasputin, and will fall into the Veil if Rasputin is killed. Of course, this means that they will protect Rasputin with everything they have."

"I don't suppose you are here to help, are you boss?" Jacque asked in a "I already know the answer to this" kind of tone.

"If Rasputin manages to destroy all of you, he will undoubtedly attempt to hide again. It will be easy to summon another group of agents to his location if I follow him personally." Death said evenly.

"Love the vote of confidence," Karen remarked.

"However, I am certain that you will prove to be more than a match for him and his bodyguard. I will be waiting to collect Rasputin personally when you force him into the Veil."

Death stepped back, as much of a sign that he was going to give that his briefing was over. Jacque looked down at the church floor, at the door opening so slow he could hardly perceive the movement. "Karen and I will take the lesser undead. She could use the experience in casting undead into the Veil without having to weaken them first."

Karen opened her mouth as if she was about to protest. However, after a casting a glance over at Death, and kept silent. Apparently, she was nervous about working in front of the boss.

"That leaves you guys to take care of the major undead, as well as Rasputin." Delacroix said. "I'll leave it to you guys how to work that out. We'll get into position and wait for you to move before we act."

Jacque lead Karen on a short flight over to the rafters over the opening door, and blinked out of sight as they re-emerged back into the mortal realm.

Death wasn't going to give any more information, and the first two agents were already ready to strike. Now it was up to the remaining agents to plan, or to simply strike.

((OOC: Alright, for all intents and purposes, Rasputin is roughly equal to an agent, as far as strength and such goes. Of course, older agents will have a more experience than him. Vampires are both fast and strong, and have the added benefit of not feeling pain unless the heart or brain is damaged in an attack. Revenants are straight up bruisers, very strong, and can take a lot of damage before they faded into the Veil. The werewolf is basically a possessed wolf...it looks like the human who possess it, or as a giant, freaky undead-looking wolf. Finally, the jiang shi is an essence-drinking, rotting corpse that can jump to great heights, and unsurprisingly, packs one heck of a kick. The lesser undead will be like slow-zombies...not much of a threat unless you are extremely careless, and you will be able to push them into the Veil without having to beat them down first. Rasputin and the major undead will put up quite a fight, but the minor undead can be destroyed at will.

Oh, and the church is a large-ish building, abandoned and dilapidated. Lots of shadows to work with. Ruined pews, make a old statue or two...rather stereotypical hollywood style. ))

I came, I saw, I got team-killed. A lot.
Toastburner B is offline Add to Toastburner B's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 04:28 AM   #12
Dauntasa
Goddamn Commie

Dauntasa is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

{OOC: Hey, we need a discussion thread.}
Dauntasa is offline Add to Dauntasa's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 07:08 AM   #13
The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk
War Incarnate

The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk's Avatar

The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Send a message via MSN to The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk

"Oh great, more zombies!" Mark sighed. He'd had enough of zombies for one day, it was time to go after something more powerful.

"Dibs on the werewolf," he said to the others, before he too floated down to the ground floor and took up a place behind a statue in an alcove halfway into the church, on the opposite side to Jacque and Karen. With his back to the statue he crouched low and drew his guns, cocking them and flicking off the safety before exiting the Veil.

No need to rush into battle while they had the element of surprise; all they had to do was wait until everyone was in posotion and their targets had moved into the centre of the church. Then this Rasputin and his cohorts would be in for a very nasty surprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azisien View Post
"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR I AM A GIANT SPACE TURTLE!!!"
PSN - Hawk_of_Battle
The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is offline Add to The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #14
Red Mage Black
Sent to the cornfield

Red Mage Black is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Red Mage Black is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Red Mage Black is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings.
Send a message via AIM to Red Mage Black Send a message via MSN to Red Mage Black Send a message via Skype™ to Red Mage Black

"Too bad I can't engage him in a little discussion first. I'd love to hear how he evaded being murdered quite a few times. Of course, it was probably his immortality, but nonetheless. Besides the Tsars, he was one of the most famous men in Russian history. Pity..." Frederick said, pulling up one of his revolvers and checking his ammunition count. Six currently loaded and more on his belt. This would end up being pretty fun. Much like the others, he found his nice little shadow and exited.

Currently, Frederick had an idea. Something was going through his mind. If they thought only one agent was here, maybe they would be caught off guard. For the moment, he sat in one of the pews in a prayer position. However, he sung something else to himself in a very low voice:
"Those who are dead are not dead
They’re just living in my head oh…
And since I fell for that spell
I am living there as well oh…

Time is so short and I’m sure
There must be something more..."

At least one chance to talk to the 'Mad Monk' was all he wanted. He sang that a few more times before he stopped. The others must have thought that he had gone nuts.
Red Mage Black is offline Add to Red Mage Black's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #15
Fantabulate
Troopa

Fantabulate is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

"Alright, my friends. It looks like the other's have made a bit hasty move into position. How about the rest of us take the ten viel-minutes to organize a little..." Lendandi began.

"My personal recommendation is that we wait in the shadows above the doorway, in the viel. When Rasputin and his troops come through, we cross over and drop right on top of them! Heck, we could even surround them!"
Unread 01-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #16
Bard The 5th LW
Feelin' Super!

Bard The 5th LW can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Bard The 5th LW can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Bard The 5th LW can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Bard The 5th LW can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Bard The 5th LW can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Bard The 5th LW can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Bard The 5th LW can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

"I don't quite think surrounding 'em would be the best thing to do," Maxwell said in his odd accent as he knocked an arrow into his bow, but still waiting to pull back the strings. "These undead probably won't understand the concept of surrender, and we can be sure that Rasputin just won't care to give up," he said.

"These things are like animals, it ain't helping if they can see you or know were they're being attacked from, we just need to cover alot of ground and remain stealthy," Maxwell said in a lower voice. "And seeing as how the wolf has been taken, I get the vampire," he said. He figured that his arrows would be enough like a stake through the heart to sufficiently injure one.

With his advice given, Maxwell slowly made his way behind a fallen pew, and put a tighter grip on his bowstring. "Wish me luck," he said to the others before exiting the veil and entering the mortal realm.
Bard The 5th LW is offline Add to Bard The 5th LW's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 05:38 PM   #17
rapter200
oi

rapter200 is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Oroles waited for everyone to stop talking. “This type of fight doesn't call for much stealth, I mean there is only so much we can do in terms of strategy I say we all just rush in as one large wave. There won't be much they can do against that. I mean look at me I am not that good at subtlety, if I tried to hide it would look ridiculous. Though I guess I can wait in the veil while you guys spring the trap.” Oroles grabbed Dragon Claw off of his back. Holding it one handed, and then with both. With that he he leaned against the church's walls. He then looked at the remaining agents “I call the Revenant, it seems like the guy who could go toe to toe with me, no bull shit with his kind.”

Oroles decided what the heck and left the veil, leaning on the wall in the back of the church. He couldn't be seen because he was completely covered in shadow and darkness. He heard one of the agents praying or chanting something weird, What the hell was he doing. Stealth, hah yeah right. More like leave your self right open to attack from behind.

While waiting for the fight he went back into the veil it would be best if he waited for everyone else to get into place. This stealth thing really did not sit over well with him. He would rather just have every jump in and attack all at the same time immediately. "Hey when you guys are ready please get into place, some nut is chanting something, and he is one of our guys. He will blow your supposed cover all to shit and could get himself killed... again." With that he waited for the others, the revenant was his. But he had no idea who would take on Rasputin.
rapter200 is offline Add to rapter200's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #18
Dauntasa
Goddamn Commie

Dauntasa is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

"Well, I think I'll stay near the back of the church; try to take out the higher priority targets with my rifle. I mean, all we have to do is take out Rasputin himself, and the other's all go with him. I say those of us with guns focus fire on the big guy, and those without keep the little ones off us." Andrew slung his rifle over his shoulder and loosened his knife in its scabbard. "'Course, if things start going south from there we can always just hack our way in and stab 'im."
Dauntasa is offline Add to Dauntasa's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #19
Arcanum
Strike the Earth!

Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was.

"He's right you know," Izuko said to Lendandi, referring to what Maxwell said. "Both werewolves and vampires have senses that go beyond normal, and subduing a kyonshi is... difficult. Fortunately I've encountered a few kyonshi before, and I find the best tactic is to remove their legs as quickly as possible."

Izuko calmly gauged his surroundings, looking for the optimal place to emerge from the Veil, before continuing. "If you are determined to use organized team tactics then try and get the kyonshi to jump at you so I'll have an easier time cutting off it's legs."

Izuko then flew up to the rafters as Oroles started to talk about his lack of stealth. Izuko didn't pay much attention to him, or any of the others for that matter now that he had formulated his plan. He hovered above one of the beams but didn't exit the Veil despite being submerged in shadows. He replaced his mask over his face and drew his katana, grasping it firmly in both hands, then waited. His eyes stared intently on the slow, almost unmoving outlines of the Jiang Shi. He would wait until the perfect moment to strike down the walking corpse, and if the trajectory of his attack were to be executed perfectly then he would land in another shadow and reenter the Veil. No reason to pointless expose himself.
Unread 01-13-2010, 01:31 AM   #20
Astral Harmony
Don't Hate Me 'Cause I'm Moe

Astral Harmony will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.

Crocetta shrugged. "Well, if you're all going to lie in wait, I'll just go ahead and start things rolling if you don't mind. Sorry to those who'll be royally pissed off at me, but I've never been good in the brains and tactics department. Keep your eyes peeled and don't let me die too quickly, now."

Without waiting for anyone else to give permission, Crocetta found a far corner and used the dark shadows there to shift out of the Veil, then presented herself before Rasputin and his entourage. "'Ey there, Raspie. You don't mind terribly if I call you that, do you?" Crocetta spoke to the Mad Monk if a casual tone. "I'd really hate to break your heart but you're way, way beyond your expiration date, yet you still choose to stroll around like it's no big deal. And my boss doesn't appreciate that kind of thing. Sorry, nothing personal."

Crocetta took aim with her Tommy Gun and, with no more cheesy monologing, opened fire on him and his servants. Crocetta's aim was pretty terrible, but Rasputin and his comrades were grouped relatively close together. Crocetta didn't expect to kill a single one of them with this egotistical and psychotic display, and just focused on keeping the shaking barrel of her gun pointing relatively in Rasputin's direction.
Astral Harmony is offline Add to Astral Harmony's Reputation   Reply With Quote