The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Games & Roleplaying > Roleplaying
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 05-26-2005, 02:45 PM   #221
Nikose Tyris
Trash Goblin

Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday!
Send a message via AIM to Nikose Tyris Send a message via MSN to Nikose Tyris Send a message via Yahoo to Nikose Tyris Send a message via Skype™ to Nikose Tyris

*silence fills the universe* Well, if you're new... ((and under the age of 12))
Roleplaying is when you take on a character's personality to sort-of write a story about them. we do it for fun to work out stress and what not. Roleplaying has taken on such forms as Dungeons and dragons (pretending to be an elf[orwhatnot] in a mythical world ages ago, D20 modern(pretending to be a half cyborg[or what not] in modern day settings, and has also developed school uses, such as in Drama class and english, when your teacher has you stand and address the class as a character from a play or novel.

*inhales* does that clear it up?
Nikose Tyris is offline Add to Nikose Tyris's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2005, 07:46 AM   #222
GARUD
Demon Slayer and Ass Kicker

GARUD has a spectacular disco-style aura about.
Send a message via AIM to GARUD Send a message via MSN to GARUD Send a message via Skype™ to GARUD
Default well...

i knew the defenition of roleplay, but i just meant on this board. there seems to be a certain structure to it and it sort of seems to be a game of some sort.
Unread 05-27-2005, 02:25 PM   #223
Ryu Kurai
OBJEC- Mmm, this is good coffee.

Ryu Kurai is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Ryu Kurai

Well, the point of roleplaying is to have fun, therefore, yes, it is a sort of game.

The only real structures we follow are set in the roleplaying rules and generally not being a jerk-off to everyone in your thread. And at least daily posting. Daily posts equal happiness.
Unread 05-29-2005, 09:52 AM   #224
Raiden
Just a passing through veteran

Raiden is so pumped up.
Send a message via AIM to Raiden Send a message via MSN to Raiden Send a message via Skype™ to Raiden

Well, there are some rules, and then there are some unwritten rules. Here's a mix of both.

- When RPing, don't say "I" or "me" when talking about your character. He/she may say that in dialogue, but not when you're just talking about what's going on. Say your characters name. It helps people remember who your character is, and it just tends to sound better.

EXAMPLE:
Bad - I walked into the room, and sat in the chair.
Good - Thomas Allgood walked into the room, and sat in the chair.

- Don't RP someone else's character unless A) you have permission, or B) it's something so insignificant that it wouldn't matter, like saying that they laughed at a joke, or something. Unless asked to, never RP someone else's character as speaking or fighting. That will instantly piss them off.

- Good grammar. Everyone loves people with good grammar, and silently hates those who don't.

There are other rules, but these are just some of the big ones in my opinion. Really, if you read the rules that RaiRai put up, it gives you a good idea of how things work around here.
I have a signature. It's a really cool one, too. It's so awesome, you'd pull your eyes out and punch your mother. Sadly, these rules state that my signature is just too darned big. Too much awesome for such a small space. Oh well. You can still punch your mother...if you want...

Fifth and Krylo made me do it.

http://www.animecubed.com/billy/user...sigs/60266.jpg
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Raiden is offline Add to Raiden's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2005, 07:36 AM   #225
GARUD

Send a message via AIM to GARUD Send a message via MSN to GARUD Send a message via Skype™ to GARUD

sorry about more questions but i just have to ask:

A) if my username is the same as my characters name then can i use the words "I" and "Me" in my posts?
B) Can i join other roleplays if i have already created one, or is ther a limit for participation?

thanks in advance
Unread 05-31-2005, 11:55 AM   #226
Mr. Viewtiful
No charge for awesomeness...

Mr. Viewtiful is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Viewtiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARUD
sorry about more questions but i just have to ask:

A) if my username is the same as my characters name then can i use the words "I" and "Me" in my posts?
Generally, you'd want to RP in the Third-Person point of view, so it's easier on the other players, regardless of name and whatnot. However, you can refer to your character with "I," "me," etc. when he/she is speaking, thinking, etc.
Quote:
B) Can i join other roleplays if i have already created one, or is ther a limit for participation?
There is no limit, as long as you can keep your commitment to all of the RPs you join. I'd recommend 3 at a time as a personal maximum, but that's just me...
Unread 06-12-2005, 11:46 PM   #227
GARUD

What should i do when I am the last poster in my roleplay and no-one has posted since a few days ago? Am i allowed to bump it or something? Thanx in advance.
Unread 06-13-2005, 12:53 AM   #228
Dante
Sent to the cornfield

Location: Crushing the weak beneath the iron jackboots of tyranny
Dante is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via MSN to Dante

PM people and ask them to post.
Dante is offline Add to Dante's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2005, 10:10 AM   #229
CallmePrismatic
RP Lord

CallmePrismatic will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARUD
What should i do when I am the last poster in my roleplay and no-one has posted since a few days ago? Am i allowed to bump it or something? Thanx in advance.
If you want to bump your post but don't wanna double-post, copy the text in the post, delete it (the post), then repost the pasted stuff.
Net Result? Same post, but your thread is at the top of the list where everyone can see and remember.
NPF Mafia - Run by GARUD - Sign Up

Forum Fact: You aren't cool if you haven't corrupted a wish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Because of its profane status and versatility, the word fuck can be used many times in an English sentence. For example,
  • "Fucking fucker's fucking fucked, fuck!" ("It is broken, with additional emphasis on dismay.")
CallmePrismatic is offline Add to CallmePrismatic's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2005, 08:09 PM   #230
Lioness
Destroyer of you(s)

Lioness is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Default Trolling.....

Hello, I am new to this forum.

I have read this entire thread (I hope I didn't miss a page!), and I noticed there was mention of trolling. I don't quite follow - that is to say, what is trolling, exactly? There was a link to a definition of it, but I'm afraid the link did not seem to work for me.

Thanks you so much in advance,
~--~--Lioness--~--~
Lioness is offline Add to Lioness's Reputation   Reply With Quote