The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Games & Roleplaying > Forum Games
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 10-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #231
Geminex
SOM3WH3R3

Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay!

If could find a picture of a crying hat, I would totally post it right now.

Seriously, guys, calm down? Please? Maybe just take a break from this game for an hour or two? I get that people are pissed, but this is anything but constructive. No matter who started it.
Geminex is offline Add to Geminex's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #232
Karrrrrrrrrrrresche
Objectively The Third Worst

Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them.
Send a message via AIM to Karrrrrrrrrrrresche Send a message via MSN to Karrrrrrrrrrrresche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post

The line you're drawing is entirely artificial, is all I'm saying.
And I can't reiterate this enough, this shit happens in Mafia games, WORSE shit happens in Mafia games, hell, worse trash talking and competitive insults of skills and tactics happens in just about every competitive board game or sports experience I've ever played, watched, or participated in at any level. Last game we made similarly derogatory comments about Nikose. And Verified! We collectively -- myself included -- chewed Verified out. About the only defense you could have as to why it was cool to basically label Verified childish and illiterate and incomprehensible while similar comments don't fly with Sifright now is that you personally agreed with the comments against Verified and that your personal opinion of the commentary justified the language.
I know you're used to playing Mafia somewhere else where everything is entirely serious and vitriol is cast around like so much candy on Halloween but this is NPF.
You might want to keep in mind that one of the reasons mafia was temporarily banned from this board was that Moderators had trouble actually moderating. How are they to know what's just part of the game and what's genuine insults?
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old�s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.
Karrrrrrrrrrrresche is offline Add to Karrrrrrrrrrrresche's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #233
rpgdemon
Not a Taco

rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

Didn't you say in other threads that you want to be berated for incorrect views, and that if no one's doing that and they treat views that are incorrect as if they have equal merit, then no one would ever learn anything?

Since what's happening here is you have the view of your walls of text are useful to the town, and it's decidely incorrect. No one in the town gets substance about you out of them, and you say you're setting traps and such that only you can decipher against other people with them. That hurts the town more than it helps it, since it forces a reliance on you, who may not even be a town player!

Sif and I posted equally large walls of text last game, when we were going at eachother, but ours were full of quotes and reasons to back up what we were saying. Analyze things, and give reasons, don't just talk a lot about them, is what people are saying.

In fairness to you:

I wouldn't agree with berating Verifiedz like this, and never saw that in the thread last game. I probably shouldn't agree with berating you like this either, but I actually honestly believe that you're scum, and if you get lynched via policy or via people suspecting you, it accomplishes the same thing: A day one hit on scum.

I agree that the reason that I'm not in arms about Sif's posting as well is because of personal bias. I don't think you're a horrible person, I don't even think you're a mediocre person, I think you're fine, but I also think that you're definitely scum. I have a strong conviction of this, and I would like to see you get lynched, so that the scum take a hit. If it's a policy lynch, or if it's a lynch-lynch, it doesn't matter to me, as it gets the same effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard The 5th LW View Post
RPG has total "I told you so" privileges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard The 5th LW View Post
RPG still has total "I told you so" privileges.
rpgdemon is offline Add to rpgdemon's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 08:53 AM   #234
Sifright
Fact sphere is the most handsome

Sifright bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Sifright bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Sifright bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Sifright bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Sifright bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Sifright bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted.

Actually, I didn't choose that phrase because I wanted to offend I choose it because it was the most apt comparison.

Secondly, my short posts were not 'fluffy' the content of the posts was fine the length however wasn't it's what lead to me making several posts in quick succession, I later remedied this by instead of making making several posts in quick succession instead collating it into one post. You have once again stated that because of an action I took in the previous game all criticism that comes from me now is utterly worthless, should I dismiss all your intellectual views because you were once a republican? No that would be just as stupid as what you are doing with me.

Regarding your chewing out of Verifiedz, actually I didn't accept that I thought it was in poor taste at the time and I asked you guys to knock it off because he was quite young. Most people in competitive environments do not like trash talking which is basically what you are labeling as 'constructive criticisim'
Sifright is offline Add to Sifright's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:04 AM   #235
Professor Smarmiarty
Sent to the cornfield

Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law.
Send a message via MSN to Professor Smarmiarty

*Comes in to catch up on thread*
I don't know what this shit is but it sure isn't mafia. It sure isn't fun either.
I have heaps of thoughts on who to boot and shit but fuck this. I ain't playing unless we get some adults in here.

Like if Snake is even a quarter as good as he says he is his bitchfest is a strategy and not an actual bitchfest and i know what ihe is attempting to achieve with it if it is. But that's not cool. Don't use that strategy, it ruins the game for eveyrone and its not fun.

FFS everyone. I want to see everyone calm down first before we proceed.

Simple guide for the future- type your post, read your post, think " is this the kind of post a cunt would make" if the answer is yes, don't post it. Even if its "strategy".

Last edited by Professor Smarmiarty; 10-27-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Professor Smarmiarty is offline Add to Professor Smarmiarty's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #236
Professor Smarmiarty
Sent to the cornfield

Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law.
Send a message via MSN to Professor Smarmiarty

And no Snake, this is not just part of mafia. I've played about 50 mafia games and only about 2 of them got into name-calling and bitchining like we've seen on this thread. I left those boards and didn't come back.
If people want to play mafia like that there are plenty of places they cna do that. That shit ain't acceptable here.
Criticise the posts, not the poster. It's not that difficult. Back in the old mafia on here we had heaps of games without anybody insulting anyone and everybody remaining civil. It's not mafia, it's you guys.
Professor Smarmiarty is offline Add to Professor Smarmiarty's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:21 AM   #237
Geminex
SOM3WH3R3

Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty McBarrelpants View Post
*Comes in to catch up on thread*
I don't know what this shit is but it sure isn't mafia. It sure isn't fun either.
I have heaps of thoughts on who to boot and shit but fuck this. I ain't playing unless we get some adults in here.

Like if Snake is even a quarter as good as he says he is his bitchfest is a strategy and not an actual bitchfest and i know what ihe is attempting to achieve with it if it is. But that's not cool. Don't use that strategy, it ruins the game for eveyrone and its not fun.

FFS everyone. I want to see everyone calm down first before we proceed.

Simple guide for the future- type your post, read your post, think " is this the kind of post a cunt would make" if the answer is yes, don't post it. Even if its "strategy".
Full disclosure: Just repped smarty for this post. Cause it is truth.
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:29 AM   #238
greed
Whoa we got a tough guy here.

greed bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. greed bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. greed bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. greed bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. greed bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. greed bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminex View Post
Full disclosure: Just repped smarty for this post. Cause it is truth.
Same here. I wanted to post something similar but I've just finished a 13 hour day, am thus utterly knackered and couldn't word it right.

I'll have a higher content post later or more likely tomorrow for me cause this is going to take more effort to dissect than I care to invest at 10:30pm after a long ass day. Preliminary judgement is agreeing with Smarty that this is probably an unpleasant tactic of Snake's. Not sure if it's a town tactic to agitate scum into slipping or a scum tactic to drive down participation by making the the thread toxic though.
greed is offline Add to greed's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #239
Geminex
SOM3WH3R3

I don't even think that this is a tactic, honestly. I just agree with smarty that this is not the way to play a game of mafia.
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #240
Inbred Chocobo
Bitches love the crown

Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings. Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings. Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings. Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings. Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings.
Send a message via AIM to Inbred Chocobo Send a message via Yahoo to Inbred Chocobo

What the hell were you people doing here after I posted?

Unvote: Whoever

Vote: Sifright and Snake AT THE SAME TIME

No I'm not actually allowed to do that, but I'm doing it anyway.

Snake: Your posts contain detailed reasoning about a lot of different steps to how to come to certain conclusions. The problem with this is that you end up explaining a lot of different little details that don't all seem to converge into one topic, and then things feel a little garbelled and the original intent of the post is lost. This is why your posts are being seen as less that optimal and worth less than the normal, because I believe your current essay style it a bit more difficult to understand in passing than the average post. I'm still confused on what some of your posts were trying to accomplish, but I think its more of style and trying to get people to understand than due to anything.

Sifright: Your use of language in the situation is making you come across incredibly harsh, and people are taking real offense to it. I would suggest you cut out the language some. This was why Snake reacted the way he did to your criticism. Snake's aggrievated response was due to your bait, and you got it.

Everyone else: I want this to be the final post about this whole arguement, please post about different issues or accusations. I understand you are trying to help, but if we keep this arguing or bringing up the situation (coming from the guy posting about it ha) then it won't die down.

For the both of you, take a minute to lean back, maybe grab a drink, and think about something different. If you think about mafia over and over again, its just going to get harder and you aren't going to make any friends.

Now that that is over with, onto what I want to contribute to the thread.

Shyria still hasn't posted. So she probably isn't reading this thread or something, I don't know. She feels like just a freakin inactive, and honestly, that tends to happen when the person doesn't have any realy attachments. Most likely town, dismissing her for now.

Snake's posts are all about analysis of playstyle and figuring out how a person is acting. None of that is truely useless, but may give information that Snake isn't meaning too. Sometimes you have to look for inconsistences in a person, why are they acting that way now when they weren't, or about stuff that was posting that isn't anymore. His posts also are mostly defensive in nature, mostly because is posting style has been under attack the whole time.

The biggest thing that I notice from Snake's posting is that at one point he talks about how he himself would act given a certain situation. The biggest one was stating that if he were scum, he would be less in your face with these inconsistencies and posting on about calling people out. The problem with all of that is that none of his posting really has been a callout. Sure he has made an analysis of certain people, but he hasn't pinned one to a spotlight. He has been extremely defensive. In fact, its so defensive, that I have to wonder exactly what are his motivations for being like so.

Not only that, but Snake has constantly tried to appeal to the person, trying to get them to like him. The thing about that is that is a more psychological tactic. By appealing to who the person is and getting them to like you, their motivations will change behind the scene of what they think of you. About a quarter of Snake's posts have been calling people out on their style, and half is about defending either accusations on why he was doing that, or defense in general. The last quarter seems to be made up of personal appeals to a few individuals that are arguing.

In truth, Snake is under a lot of fire from the rest of you guys, so I imagine that this skewing to defense is apart of that. However some of the defensive tactics he has chosen just don't appear to be the right way to go about so. They are meant to appeal more to the human being behind the desk than to anything related to the game. I can't say I'm 100% certain on this still that this is the best call however, but I wanted to call out a couple things I have spotted in his posts.

Next, Sifright seems to have an agenda against Snake, as he was after him hard there for a while. Maybe it really was just a snappy comeback, but that was pursued a bit too hard for my tastes to just be something that posting style of Snake PISSED ME OFF!!!!1. I feel like Sifright may have ulterior motives for his aggressiveness, whether he may realize them or not.

And of course as I write this I get ninja'd by the lot of you, you bastards. Still, I think my opinions differ slightly than what was going on, but I'm going to leave them up anyway and lets call the dicussion on that arguement done.
Inbred Chocobo is offline Add to Inbred Chocobo's Reputation   Reply With Quote