The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 06-07-2004, 10:47 AM   #21
Viktor Von Russia
YOU'VE EATEN POO, HAVE YOU?!

Viktor Von Russia is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Viktor Von Russia

A note about Hero: at no point in the movie does Jet Li take on an army. Nobody does. In my opinion, it was better than CTHD, but still not a very good movie. It should go over well with those people who loved the Matrix trilogy just for the fighting.

"God does not give to a cow that butts."
Russian Saying

Why don't people check for invisi-text?
Viktor Von Russia is offline Add to Viktor Von Russia's Reputation  
Unread 06-07-2004, 11:07 AM   #22
Mr. Wind-Up Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x.m4g3
Spiderman 2- It looks like it's gonna be the incredably (sp?) awesome summer movie of the year but one thing pisses me off. WHY DOC OC? Why not venom, that why spiderman 3 could have carnage. And everyone knows Carnage is the most awesome villian in Spiderman history.
Keep yer shorts on. Venom is going to be in spiderman 3.

PS: Carnage is just a less cool version of venom.
Add to Mr. Wind-Up Bird's Reputation  
Unread 06-07-2004, 01:53 PM   #23
BMHadoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor Von Russia
A note about Hero: at no point in the movie does Jet Li take on an army. Nobody does. In my opinion, it was better than CTHD, but still not a very good movie. It should go over well with those people who loved the Matrix trilogy just for the fighting.
Wait, how can it be better than CTHD and still be a not very good movie? How bad did you think CTHD was? But I did jump the gun on the army thing, I saw all those arrows...and I think the preview said "He will face an army", but previews overexxagerate.

Speaking of previes of Asian movies, does anyone know anything about the release of Shaolin Soccer? I saw the preview like two years ago, but it hasn't come to my (Florida) theater yet. Did they release it straight to video, or is just in 'select markets'?
Add to BMHadoken's Reputation  
Unread 06-07-2004, 02:40 PM   #24
Chrono_Traveller
Shyguy

Chrono_Traveller is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Chrono_Traveller

I have a friend who also has seen Hero on bootleg copy, he said it was nothing special. It was sorta crouching tiger without any plot, just lots of fighting. (we both liked crouching tiger a lot).

as for the movies I've seen so far:

Troy: as been said before, it was good and entertaining, but nothing that really raised my heartbeat any. The battles were decent, plot was decent (left out all the gods , but then it might have been 5 hours and more confusing.) I'd give it a 3/5.

Van Helsing: Felt like it was being told by a five-year old on a sugar high. The only decent/good fight scene was the first one with Mr. Hyde. Really enjoyed watching Kate Beckinsale in a corset. 1/5

Shrek 2: Pretty funny, like the first one. Enjoyable, forget your worries at the door kind of movie. Several jokes the younger crowd might miss. All in all, pretty good, 4/5.

Movies I'm going to go see:
Chronicles of Riddick - has potential, so I'm going to give it a chance
Spiderman 2 - who isn't?

All I can think of for now.
Prinnies are the best creatures ever, I mean who would have thought of a peg-legged penguin, with wings and a hip pack, talk like they are from the '80s and, get this, explode when you throw them! - Disgaea programmer smoking something wierd

"The only people I fear are those who never have doubts." - Shades of Gray by Billy Joel

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." - Douglas Adams
Chrono_Traveller is offline Add to Chrono_Traveller's Reputation  
Unread 06-07-2004, 02:45 PM   #25
Bombshell
MSI Productions

Bombshell is an unknown quantity at this point.
Send a message via AIM to Bombshell Send a message via MSN to Bombshell Send a message via Yahoo to Bombshell

Yeah the first Spider-man was good but the second will be better belive me I saw the trailer for Spider-man 2 it was good so I will see the movie but really I bet there is some movies people haven't heard of that are coming in the summer trust me there will be I'm estamating around 500 movies this summer.

My website:
MSI Website 3.0
Bombshell is offline Add to Bombshell's Reputation  
Unread 06-07-2004, 06:29 PM   #26
Lycanthrope
Deus Lupus

Lycanthrope is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Harry Potter: By far, leaps and bounds, the best of the three movies so far. A new dirrecter made all of the difference. Instead of being a film addaption of a book, this movie is actually a good movie in its own right. The dirrecter has shown brilliance in the incorperation of motifs, cinimatic magic, and good plotting. There were a couple of aspects lacking. Yes, the book was better, but the movie is certainly worth seeing.
"Death to All Fanatics!"

Official RP Action God
Lycanthropic Poem

"FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE."
-Death

Krylo and BMG are apparently my bitches.
Lycanthrope is offline Add to Lycanthrope's Reputation  
Unread 06-07-2004, 07:01 PM   #27
Dona Maria
tastes like burning

Dona Maria is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Dona Maria

my own "reviews"

Troy: save your money. That is unless you want to see Brad Pitt be Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom still a slighty constipated-looking puss. If you just want eye-candy, fine, but if you're looking for a decent ancient-based film, I'd leave this one alone.

Shrek 2: good the first time, great the second time. See it if you like laughing your ass off.

Connie and Carla: Don't know if this is still out, but if it is go see it but only if you're a broadway-ish fan.

Harry Potter 3: Now don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the books, but this one left me, for a lack of a better word, wanting. I was glad I did read the books or otherwise I wouldn't have understood more than half of what went on. Could be better, but you know you'll see it anyway.

upcoming movies:

Riddick: I hate Vin Diesel (sp?) with a passion that's almost holy, so I'll be staying far from this one.

Spiderman 2: if only Toby McGuire didn't look like he was about to cry all the time, and maybe if Kirsten Dunst would actually show some talent...this would be something to look forward to. However, it's like Harry Potter. You know you're going to see it.

I, Robot: I'm interested, looks tempting, too bad Will Smith is in it.

that's it for now

Will: I wrote you another sonnet.
Chris: No! How many times have I told you: No more sonnets! How many is that anyway?
Will: About a hundred
Dona Maria is offline Add to Dona Maria's Reputation  
Unread 06-07-2004, 07:04 PM   #28
Bombshell
MSI Productions

Bombshell is an unknown quantity at this point.
Send a message via AIM to Bombshell Send a message via MSN to Bombshell Send a message via Yahoo to Bombshell

I saw the new Harry Potter movie it was great even though it only got 3 1/2 stars but they're making the fourth one as we speak. Really I read about.

My website:
MSI Website 3.0
Bombshell is offline Add to Bombshell's Reputation  
Unread 06-07-2004, 07:25 PM   #29
Jack of Spades
Lady Luck is on my side.

Jack of Spades is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Spades

I hope I'm not too late...DON'T SEE VAN HELLSING!!!!!!! IT IS THE ELEMENT OF CRAPPY FANTASY MOVIES!! If you want to see a good idea get beaten, mauled, stabbed burned and pissed on then by all means go ahead. But otherwise no!!!
"What die do I use again?"
Jack of Spades is offline Add to Jack of Spades's Reputation  
Unread 06-07-2004, 07:40 PM   #30
Viktor Von Russia
YOU'VE EATEN POO, HAVE YOU?!

Viktor Von Russia is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Viktor Von Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMHadoken
Wait, how can it be better than CTHD and still be a not very good movie? How bad did you think CTHD was? But I did jump the gun on the army thing, I saw all those arrows...and I think the preview said "He will face an army", but previews overexxagerate.
Well, I probably should have started out by saying that I didn't like CTHD all that much due to the story. It just didn't really sit well with me. And technically, the preview is right, as I guess the people Jet Li ends up fighting could constitute as an army 'cause they're so kick-ass. In closing, I think Hero was a romping good time, but not exactly worthy of an Academy Award.

"God does not give to a cow that butts."
Russian Saying

Why don't people check for invisi-text?
Viktor Von Russia is offline Add to Viktor Von Russia's Reputation