The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 06-08-2004, 08:01 PM   #41
Illuminatus
The Dread Pirate

Illuminatus is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

AVP would be cool if they thrw in some marines here and there, you know, like in Aliens, but mostly just let Predator and some aliens have at each other.

I forgot.

Alexander: Either a major failure or massive success. I'm holding my breath. I love Alexander the Great.

Arthur: I really want this to be a good move, but I don't see it happening. Still...Kiera Knightley...mmmmm

An animal so lost in rapturous contemplation of what he thinks he is as to overlook what he indubitably ought to be. His chief occupation is the extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth and Canada.

-Ambrose Bierce's Devil's Dictionary
Illuminatus is offline Add to Illuminatus's Reputation  
Unread 06-08-2004, 08:08 PM   #42
IHateMakingNames

IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings.

If Aliens vs. Predators is anything like the game, then (If I remember correctly), it's mainly Aliens attacking humans, then some Predators are around because they are badass and just killing stuff for fun. I just don't want o see anything stupid like Robo-aliens or robo-preds or robo-predaliens that are in the game...
Unread 06-08-2004, 08:29 PM   #43
Royalspork
Magikoopa

Royalspork is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Royalspork

when is I, robot coming out I want to see that
Zei Zao looks helplessly as he runs out of road to follow! The army of Huang Yao Shi grinds to a halt as to avoid wading through grass. That's for "common" armies. Much like Gao Hu's, who's invasion force reaches the border and sits in ambush for any fleeing units of Huang Yao Shi. In the grass. Cao Zhen, however, continues to follow the road, as grass is too green for his liking this time of year.
You ain't got no K-Mart!
Royalspork is offline Add to Royalspork's Reputation  
Unread 06-09-2004, 05:09 AM   #44
h4x.m4g3
Lakitu

h4x.m4g3 is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light. h4x.m4g3 is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateMakingNames
If Aliens vs. Predators is anything like the game, then (If I remember correctly), it's mainly Aliens attacking humans, then some Predators are around because they are badass and just killing stuff for fun. I just don't want o see anything stupid like Robo-aliens or robo-preds or robo-predaliens that are in the game...
I thought the Predators were hunting the Aliens or something, so when the alienscame to Earth they killed them and "allied' themselves with the humans temporarily to exterminate the aliens. I'll have to play the game again to check.

Robo-preds....bad ideal period.
h4x.m4g3 is offline Add to h4x.m4g3's Reputation  
Unread 06-09-2004, 10:15 AM   #45
Viper Daimao
Ninja Death God

Viper Daimao is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Daimao Send a message via AIM to Viper Daimao Send a message via Yahoo to Viper Daimao

basically its a whole rite of passage thing for predators where they have to hunt an alien(s)?

any bets on who will win? the way I look at it is the predator was defeated by arnold schwartzenegger. predator also killed carl weathers and jessie the body ventura.

the aliens where defeated 3 times by sigorny weaver and 1 time by wynona ryder.

advantage: predator
Unread 06-10-2004, 09:19 AM   #46
Illuminatus
The Dread Pirate

Illuminatus is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

The Winona rider one doesn't count because Resurrection was an affront to everything Alien.

And Sigourney Weaver defeated ONE Alien, twice, at great cost to herself (Blowing up a godamn ship, letting the black guy die) and then ran away from a pack of Aliens, which is not a victory.

Arnold whooped Predator once, then Danny Glover whooped Predator once. I'd say we're evenly matched. Should be a good movie.

An animal so lost in rapturous contemplation of what he thinks he is as to overlook what he indubitably ought to be. His chief occupation is the extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth and Canada.

-Ambrose Bierce's Devil's Dictionary
Illuminatus is offline Add to Illuminatus's Reputation  
Unread 06-10-2004, 12:25 PM   #47
IHateMakingNames

IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings.

Predators can cloak, Aliens have a Queen, Humans have big robot thingies

1 humans, 1 Preds, 1 Aliens.

Aliens are fast, Preds are strong, humans are neither.

1 humans, 2 Preds, 2 Aliens.

Aliens are melee only, Preds have futuristic weapondary (The disk alone kick ass), humans have fast firing modern weapons.

2 humans, 3 Preds, 2 Aliens.

Aliens have the number advantage.

2 humans, 3 Preds, 3 Aliens.

Humans are at a disadvantage.
Unread 06-10-2004, 01:46 PM   #48
BMHadoken

Humans are always at a disadvantage, but since Aliens and Predators don't spend money on the movies, they don't usually win.
Add to BMHadoken's Reputation  
Unread 06-10-2004, 02:43 PM   #49
Shadow Wolf
One with Darkness

Shadow Wolf is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Wolf Send a message via MSN to Shadow Wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow Wolf

Shrek 2 was definately a hit. I saw it twice in fact Now... Van Helsing.... OMG. *twitches* Hugh Jackman..... Black werewolf..... *Drools...* it's actually a very well written out story. I think what made people not like it was the fact it wasn't all blood and gore, people getting slaughtered/necks being ripped out. Unlike msot horror this actually has a very good storyline and it is DEFINATELY worth seeing...
Shadow Wolf is offline Add to Shadow Wolf's Reputation  
Unread 06-10-2004, 02:56 PM   #50
Chrono_Traveller
Shyguy

Chrono_Traveller is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Chrono_Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf
Shrek 2 was definately a hit. I saw it twice in fact Now... Van Helsing.... OMG. *twitches* Hugh Jackman..... Black werewolf..... *Drools...* it's actually a very well written out story. I think what made people not like it was the fact it wasn't all blood and gore, people getting slaughtered/necks being ripped out. Unlike msot horror this actually has a very good storyline and it is DEFINATELY worth seeing...
**** some van helsing spoilers ****

While I agree with you about Shrek 2, you couldn't be more wrong about Van Helsing. It wasn't a horror movie to begin with, it was an action movie like Indiana Jones (actually it was Indiana Jones set in the dark ages, except worse). It blatantly copied scenes from both Indiana Jones and James Bond without anything new added. Some lines were just horrendous ('I sense no evil in this one.') and the cornyness was just off the scale (horses that almost flew across the bridge, throwing the antidote to a swinging on a rope kate, the tears in heaven ending, etc. ). It was just bad.

**** end spoilers ****
Prinnies are the best creatures ever, I mean who would have thought of a peg-legged penguin, with wings and a hip pack, talk like they are from the '80s and, get this, explode when you throw them! - Disgaea programmer smoking something wierd

"The only people I fear are those who never have doubts." - Shades of Gray by Billy Joel

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." - Douglas Adams
Chrono_Traveller is offline Add to Chrono_Traveller's Reputation