The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 06-10-2004, 03:30 PM   #51
Shadow Wolf
One with Darkness

Shadow Wolf is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Wolf Send a message via MSN to Shadow Wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow Wolf

Yeah I didn't like the ending much myself but still Hugh Jackman.... Black werewolf.... LOL! People expected it to be more of a horror movie though (at least some of my friends, they think vampire they think blood baths and all that) *Shrugs a lil* I know lots of people who thought it actually was going to be a horror flick, guess they were let down because it wasn't. Some lines were kinda cheesy but I guess I liked it cause of the whole werewolf thing. Then again, being a therian, I tend to be a bit partial to it hehe! Still I think they are the best looking weres in cinematic history despite how "terrible" this movie people proclaim it to be. Not to mention I've never seen Indiana Jones for myself so I guess that is why I had a more enjoyable experience watching it. So :P tee hee!
Shadow Wolf is offline Add to Shadow Wolf's Reputation  
Unread 06-12-2004, 11:54 PM   #52
Alarra
Goomba

Alarra is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Alarra

Hmm...I've actually seen a fair amount of movies this summer. Amazing how moving into an apartment complex directly behind a movie theater will do that.

Troy - Eh. Okay. There were some neat parts, but they could easily have made it an hour shorter without losing anything of importance.

Thirteen going on Thirty - I actually loved this movie. I'm a dork.

Van Helsing - Was expecting crap. It wasn't. Aside from the vampires (especially the women) being really really annoying, this wasn't a terrible film.

Mean Girls - mildly funny. more high school idiocy humor, which i have definately grown out of. Didn't really care for it that much.

Harry Potter - I could go on for hours about this one, but I will try to restrain as best I can. Mildly decent as a movie, some very cool scenes. Terrible, horrible, awful rendition of a book. And the whole trying to get it done quickly before daniel radcliffe gets any older thing that someone mentioned earlier didn't work, they all looked 17-18, not 13. The movie was terribly disconnected, and they changed and took out so many things that it almost didn't feel like it was based off the book. (okay, that's going a bit far, I'm just annoyed) I mean, they completely cut the quidditch cup, didn't explain who moony, padfoot, wormtail and prongs were, and left out one of my favorite parts of the whole book - when draco dresses up as a dementor and harry shoots a patronus at him, to name a few things. I think they should have left out a few of those annoyingly long shots of leaves falling and put in a bit more plot. And they moved things from movie to movie. Don't they use the same sets? Hagrid's hut and the whomping willow were in completely different parts of the grounds. And the fact that everyone was all excited about how it was shorter than the other two...how is that a good thing? I mean the fact that you took a book that was much much longer than the first one and turned it into a movie that was much shorter than the first one speaks volumes for how much you had had to cut out.

Day After Tomorrow - I really liked this movie. Very neat special effects.

Shrek 2 - Loved it, even more than the first one. Especially the cat.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Chronicles of Riddick, The Stepford Wives, aand I, Robot. Spider-Man 2 should be good, and I want to see Raising Helen.
Much madness is divinest sense to a discerning eye. Much sense the starkest madness. Tis the majority in this as all prevails. Assent and you are sane, demur you're straight way dangerous and handled with a chain.
Alarra is offline Add to Alarra's Reputation  
Unread 06-13-2004, 12:10 AM   #53
MFD
THWIP!

MFD is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light. MFD is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light.

Van Helsing wasn't a great movie. But it was fun. I enjoyed it alot.

- DFM 11:30
MFD is offline Add to MFD's Reputation  
Unread 06-13-2004, 12:20 AM   #54
LeefRyder
< Chococat >

LeefRyder is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarra
Harry Potter - I could go on for hours about this one, but I will try to restrain as best I can. Mildly decent as a movie, some very cool scenes. Terrible, horrible, awful rendition of a book. And the whole trying to get it done quickly before daniel radcliffe gets any older thing that someone mentioned earlier didn't work, they all looked 17-18, not 13. The movie was terribly disconnected, and they changed and took out so many things that it almost didn't feel like it was based off the book. (okay, that's going a bit far, I'm just annoyed) I mean, they completely cut the quidditch cup, didn't explain who moony, padfoot, wormtail and prongs were, and left out one of my favorite parts of the whole book - when draco dresses up as a dementor and harry shoots a patronus at him, to name a few things. I think they should have left out a few of those annoyingly long shots of leaves falling and put in a bit more plot. And they moved things from movie to movie. Don't they use the same sets? Hagrid's hut and the whomping willow were in completely different parts of the grounds. And the fact that everyone was all excited about how it was shorter than the other two...how is that a good thing? I mean the fact that you took a book that was much much longer than the first one and turned it into a movie that was much shorter than the first one speaks volumes for how much you had had to cut out.
I have to agree with you on all counts, they were incredibly negligent in their story telling. Tho actually I disagree about their ages. Neville was the only one who looked way too old. Damn he just sprouted.
Unread 06-13-2004, 03:03 PM   #55
Chrono_Traveller
Shyguy

Chrono_Traveller is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Chrono_Traveller

I just saw harry potter 3 on friday. Now, before I give my opinion of it let me state that this was my first Harry Potter experience, one of my friends convinced me to go see it. That being said, I thought it was a pretty decent movie. While I can see you wanting more quidditch in the movie, it didn't subtract anything from the plot of the movie, and at 2hrs twenty something minutes, the movie was a good length. And in reply to Alarra, the kids definitely didn't look 17-18, maybe the spoiled brat kid looked 16 but that would be stretching it some. I thought they did a really good job blending the special effects in with the rest of the movie.
***spoilers***

The only thing I wished they would have explained a little more was the how exactly Pettigrew betrayed the Potters. The only thing I got from the movies was that everybody thought that Sirius betrayed the Potters, but it was actually Pettigrew. I believe that they did try and explain it, but it went too fast for me to follow.

***end spoilers***
Prinnies are the best creatures ever, I mean who would have thought of a peg-legged penguin, with wings and a hip pack, talk like they are from the '80s and, get this, explode when you throw them! - Disgaea programmer smoking something wierd

"The only people I fear are those who never have doubts." - Shades of Gray by Billy Joel

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." - Douglas Adams
Chrono_Traveller is offline Add to Chrono_Traveller's Reputation  
Unread 06-13-2004, 07:20 PM   #56
Deathosaurus Wrecks
Underachiever

Deathosaurus Wrecks will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.
Send a message via AIM to Deathosaurus Wrecks

why hasnt anyone mentioned Sky Captain and the World of Tomorow yet? that movie is gonna be awsome. or at least it better, if it knows whats good for it (shakes fist).

AvP...well...i have absolutely no faith in anything Hollywood does anymore (aside from my minor hopes for Sky Captain), so i doubt that this will be any good; and i certainly doubt it wont be as good as the source material. i'll still probably see it though and give it a good MST3K treatment with my friends (and isnt that really the point of movies nowadays?).

I, Robot: I intend on camping out near my local movie theater to keep track of all the people who go to see this movie. when they leave the theater, i'm going to strangle them with piano wire.
-The Protomen "Unrest in the House of Light"
Deathosaurus Wrecks is offline Add to Deathosaurus Wrecks's Reputation  
Unread 06-13-2004, 07:24 PM   #57
Fifthfiend
for all seasons

Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.
Send a message via AIM to Fifthfiend

Quote:
why hasnt anyone mentioned Sky Captain and the World of Tomorow yet? that movie is gonna be awsome. or at least it better, if it knows whats good for it (shakes fist).
To me it just looked like a big Rocketeer ripoff.

Quote:
I think they should have left out a few of those annoyingly long shots of leaves falling and put in a bit more plot.
It seems like every fucking movie nowadays has the annoyingly long shots of leaves falling and not enough plot.

The Stepford Wives

Funny as hell first half (best part -- the conservative, buttoned-down Republican gay has his flaming fruity partner turned into a Stepford Husband), transitioning into a second half that just makes no goddamn sense.

Last edited by Fifthfiend; 06-13-2004 at 07:27 PM.
Fifthfiend is offline Add to Fifthfiend's Reputation  
Unread 06-13-2004, 09:00 PM   #58
Darth SS
I do the numbers.

Darth SS is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Darth SS is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Darth SS is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Darth SS is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life.

Well, I've seen most of the movies everyone has been worried about...and here are my humble (*coughnotcough*) opinions.

HPIII- There was room for so much more. They didn't stick to the book, but I can hang with that. Nothing against it. But what really did bother me was the damn scenes with Lupin. They made it way too mushy. Kudos to Daniel Radcliff however because he pulled the role off extremely well. Also, Sirius Black was kind of a let down. So was were-wolf Lupin, but as I saw Van Helsing right before it, I think I shouldn't comment. What bothered me the most however was how you got the feeling right at the very beginning it wasn't going to be bright and cheerful. Somehow, you knew it wasn't going to be little kid friendly, and shadows would start jumpin', and the entire thing would become more mature, and a lot darker.

Then they cheered it up. Those bastards. Overly corny at some parts, but overall it was pretty good.

Van Helsing- There was a lot less ass kicked here than I would've expected. Overly corny ending, and where they tried to apply drama turned out bad too. However, special effects were AMAZING. Dracula and the werewolves were AWESOME. Bit more killin', less corniness, and just more of Hugh Jackman being bad-ass and I would vote this one of the best movies ever.

Riddick- OMG. This was wicked. The complaints I have are few. First is that there's a bit more they could've explained, and stuff. But that's forgiveable. Second is that in the most-bad-ass fight scenes, the camera actually makes it a bit difficult to track some of the fighting. Point in case is when Riddick starts fighting in the dark. It flickers and jerks too fast to make out any details that are really specific, and all you really gather is that Vin Diesel is layin' the smack down.

Troy- Bit long. And I hate Orlando Bloom. That sums it up. Cool fight scenes, and Brad Pitt did a really good performance.

Shrek 2- Puss in Boots ownz you all. The fact Antonio Banderas is his voice just makes it better.

Now for what I want to see....

Bourne Supremacy- This better be as good as the book dammit. However, since the last one was very good, I have total faith that they can do it.

Spiderman 2- Given how good the last one was, I'm findin' it hard to believe they could fuck this one up.

King Arthur- Okay, so totally NOT historically accurate. But that's okay. Anything that has Lancelot in it gains my patronage. Personally, I want to see how far they take the Arthurian legend. (I.E. Guinevere and Lancelot, or the fall of Camelot)
Darth SS is offline Add to Darth SS's Reputation