The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Drawing, writing, and other art
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 09-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
rpgdemon
Not a Taco

rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

Are you drawing with a pixel width pencil, or using the brush tool? Something looks oddly soft about the sprite. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard The 5th LW View Post
RPG has total "I told you so" privileges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard The 5th LW View Post
RPG still has total "I told you so" privileges.
rpgdemon is offline Add to rpgdemon's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #12
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
Send a message via MSN to Kyanbu The Legend

I used a customized soft brush to make the sprite look smooth. It's soft on purpose.
Unread 09-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.

Update:

Small changes have been made to concept build. Such as fixing the narrow passages in Black Towers Floor 2, and the temp blocks in Black Towers Floor 5 are more consistent.

Sarina's sprite is on display in the Save Room at "Black Towers Floor 2".

All copy righted music from SquareEnix has been removed to pervent any future problems. If you have the old version with the music in it
please delete it at once if you haven't done so already.

New Download Link:
D-Resonate Vol 1 Pre-Alpha/Concept Flash Version 0.01 (No Sound)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbq72bww0r...%20sound.swf?m

To Bells: Yes I know about the link you gave me and I'm sorry but I can't use any of it at the moment for personal complicated reasons.

Due to me failing the written driver test for the 10th time dispite studing the whole week, I'm puting this project on hiatus. Also due to the game's current state, no one else but me can work on it at the moment. This includes the graphics for the areas and world, sprites, music, and level layout.

Thank you for understanding,

Kwame A. Fletcher a.k.a Kyanbu~

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 09-26-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #14
Nikose Tyris
Trash Goblin

Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday!
Send a message via AIM to Nikose Tyris Send a message via MSN to Nikose Tyris Send a message via Yahoo to Nikose Tyris Send a message via Skype™ to Nikose Tyris

I'm honestly trying to find a nice way to say what I'm about to say. I think I've found it.

I'm terribly disappointed in you. You were making excellent progress, and the second any setback comes at you, you flip tables, abandon everything and run away.

Get back to work on this/your art/SOMETHING you quitter, because your resignation is not accepted.
Nikose Tyris is offline Add to Nikose Tyris's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #15
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

I didn't quit... It's just on hold since right now I'm more or less busy with studying for my driver test. If it makes you feel better I have finished the test area for the void concept. Will be up later today after bug testing.
Unread 09-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #16
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

D-Resonate Vol1 Pre-Alpha/concept build Flash Version (no sound)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbq72bww0r...%20sound.swf?m

Following changes have been made.

The Void Trap Concept is mostly complete. To find the trap concept, simply make your way to "Black Towers Floor 5" and make your way up to the top of the floor.

And no the Spikes will not kill/hurt (yet). In fact you really can't/shouldn't be able too die at all during this test. Because that part of the game is not ready just yet. Too buggy for me to enable without that nasty "no spawn" glitch occuring, I'll focus more on it later during the week.

Was going to original post it as a seperate thing altogether but I figured keeping it linked to the rest of the build will help show the current problem I ran into when designing the void trap.

That problem being how to keep the Void traps solved after clearing them while still giving the player the option to reactivate them if they want to. Granted I wasn't going to work on the save feature till atleast after getting Sarina's Sprite animations mostly finished and more of the maps done. So I might be getting ahead of myself there.

Also sorry but the contorls are still locked to the US Z,X, and arrow keys. This will be fixed by the planned pre alpha release. Probably sooner depending on when I get the hang of programing attributes.

Also I removed the background graphic in "Black Towers Floor 2". It doesn't need to be there right now.

I'll go more into what I mean later on tomorrow (probably between 9am and 2pm est US time). For now, I need to get some sleep.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 09-26-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #17
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Temporary Title Screen for now.

Though seeing as it's a PC title. I probably shouldn't say "press start" as the keyboard and to my knowledge most PC Game pads/controllers don't have a designated Start Button.

"Press Enter" or "Click to Start" maybe?

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 10-02-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Unread 10-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #18
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

Go with whatever it is you actually want the player to press. "Click to start," "Press Enter to start," "Press Z to start," etc. There's also the old stand by, "Press Any Key to Start."

Just clearly tell the player what you want them to do. That's the important part.

Also, how're the sprites coming? I'm not replacing my alpha build until I can play as something other than a cube.
Unread 10-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #19
Krylo
The Straightest Shota

Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat].
Default Every game I'd design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_ View Post
Just clearly tell the player what you want them to do. That's the important part.
"Go Fuck Yourself to Start"
Unread 10-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #20
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_ View Post
Go with whatever it is you actually want the player to press. "Click to start," "Press Enter to start," "Press Z to start," etc. There's also the old stand by, "Press Any Key to Start."

Also, how're the sprites coming? I'm not replacing my alpha build until I can play as something other than a cube.
Yesterday's Bed bug scare aside, I'll more then likely get back to working on Sarina's Sprite sheet tomorrow. Though due to the number of frames I'll have to give her to make her movement feel at least a little modern, I probaly won't be finished till next week maybe.

Which reminds me, BIG news. My 6 (7 after this weekend) year-old sister just joined her school's After School Program and won't be dropped off till sometime 6pm.

Meaning until I find work, I have almost 9 hours a day to work on the game from this day on! XD

Damn I almost don't want to find work just yet. lol Now if I can get past my art block I can also start working on the world graphics too.

Also I have set up a warp point from Neon Forest Route A2 to Black Towers Floor 5. It's two way for the time being.

This new warp point will be add along side Sarina's Sprite with basic animation sometime late October/November.

Also November will likely be pretty slow in terms of updates. and I'm not looking forward to December because school's out for a near two winter break. -_-

And assuming the world's still here by January, Updates will resume like normal.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 10-03-2012 at 08:37 PM.