The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Drawing, writing, and other art
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 12-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #31
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
Send a message via MSN to Kyanbu The Legend
Default Big annoucement... well to me it is.

Before reading, please note that Project "D-Resonate Vol1: Tale of Heroes" is not canceled. It's just going on the back burner along side my other RPG project "Avalice Assassin" (how many still remember this one?) and my robot fighting game idea "Soul Frame". It'll still be worked on in the back ground. I just won't be focusing on it much.

Click here to view my long explanation about stuff regarding chat and some plans for the future.So I've been up most of the night, staring at the sealing thinking about what Loyal and RPGdemon told me in the chat room.

And maybe they are right, even though the current build of d-resonate can be finished in 5 years time after removing content, ditching a few boss, and regulating a lot of the secret areas to future expansion status (the Sage Citadel, Fantasy Theater, and the 7 Sage Dungeons/Temples for Sarina's Story. Reaper HQ, Death Citadel, Kyubi Village, and Tsukuyomi's Castle for Dash's Story).

And while I'll agree to place D-Resonate on Haitus and just build smaller scale games until I'm more or less great at programming without the need of Stencyl's easy to use design mode settings (which really speeds things up. I actually have the concept build completely bug free right now.). And once I'm that competant, I'll try to get "Studio Kyanbu" Started with a small group. It'll remain an indi group in order to maintain artistic freedom. Cause I have no interests in joining that mess known as the gaming industry in any way beyond indi stuff.

But I still want to use the characters for D-Resonate and it's locations. And I still want to incourage exploration in some way. Just on a small scale game built around the Void Traps and Void Zones. Basicly Void Traps the size of an entire level with greater focus on platforming puzzles and keeping things moving as much as possible.

And thus "D-Resonate: Castle of Dreams" is born. A much more smaller game (no bigger then your average MM classic game at the most). A lot sainer in design compared to D-Resonate Vol1 and Vol2 (though Vol2 was pretty much a very short expansion to conclude the Dash's and Sarina's stories). and much simpler in gameplay. I will be completely ditching the Custom Combat idea and the whole weapons thing. Atleast until "Studio Kyanbu" is formed. Whenever that happens, if it happens at all.

The Pre Alpha build for D-Resonate Vol 1 is being altered to accomindate the project switch without having to start over from scratch.

What will be used from Project D-Resonate Vol1: Tale of Heroes. And placed into "D-Resonate: Castle of Dreams"

* All Character designs

* Sarina Phantom is now the only playable character. Dash and MAYBE Queenie will be added later at somepoint. Maybe more depending on how things go.

* The Void Traps are the main focus of the game along with Void Zones. (mainly to hand wave away floating platforms and bazar looking rooms)

* Black Towers will be used as a gateway to the Castle of Dreams.

* Chests will still be randomized to make things interesting.

* There will still be rewards for exploration. Hopfully I can make them worth the effort.

* It will have bosses. But since I'm not using the Custom Board/Custom Chart. Bosses will instead be aimed more towards being puzzle based to an extent. Rather then be handled like a fighting game like what was planed for Vol 1.

* It will not be using any bosses that were planned for Vol 1. and will instead focus on a set of bosses unique to "Castle of Dreams".

* there will only be roughly 8 levels. Maybe 10 depending on how quickly things get done.

* A concept build for the game will be released in the Summer of 2013. With the official release hopfully being sometime late 2013. Though it could be as late as 2014. 2015 at the worst.

* Castle of Dreams will have a more upbeat and simple story. to keep things fun and not too serious. Unless enough people complain otherwise. /jk

This is going to be very fun to build, I can just feel it! I can't wait to finish it. Also it's going to be mainly built for PC. Although I do want to port this to Android once Stencyl 3.0 is released... whenever that happens anyway.
Unread 12-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #32
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

So, we can't get a version of Empty Castle Simulator with the proper character sprites? I kinda wanted to see what progress you had made in animating Sarina.
Unread 12-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #33
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.

That's being used instead as a base for what will be Castle of Dreams. So you're still getting that. Black towers will see some use in Castle of Dreams.. Anyway concepts for 3 of the 10 animations for Sarina's sprite are done. Should have another 2 more done tonight.
Unread 12-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #34
Professor Smarmiarty
Sent to the cornfield

Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law. Professor Smarmiarty isn't just above the law -- they are the law.
Send a message via MSN to Professor Smarmiarty

I tried to build a castle of dreams once. Buildings and standards shut that one down right smart
Professor Smarmiarty is offline Add to Professor Smarmiarty's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #35
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Stupid building standards, sometimes a man just wants put in flying winged spikes that shoot lasers at his unwanted guest and feel safe!
Unread 01-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #36
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Starting today, I'm going on a 2 month Haitus.

This is mainly due to three reasons.

1. I'm studing and practicing life drawing in an attempt to help D-Resonate not end up being considered an ugly shit stain by most people. Looking back at it and my improvement rate in coloring, I think my stuff is at least decent looking, but others beg to differ. Honestly spending over 38 hrs a week doing nothing but life drawing study, practice, and sprite work might not yeild amazing results. And that's fine, the point is to get into the habit of life drawing practice and improve period. Even if it's just alittle.

2. To get some sprite work done. Which would be hard to do without seeing my "Project Bleach" thread everytime I come here. 2 months should be enough time for it to be buried deep inside NPF's graveyard along side "Mischief Knights".

3. To be honest and I'm sorry to say this, but this place is boring, and you guys can get very depressing at times. I feel NPF just isn't the fun place it use to be anymore. I'm either in the chat room bored out of my skull, or feeling depressed after lurking the forum for about 5 mins. And to be honest I've been debating on rather or not to just leave here for good. A 2 month haitus may help me decide on my answer.

Well that's it for the update. Sorry no build updated download link. I want to set up customizable controls for the concept and atleast have the player sprite up and working. There is a stick figure sprite which I'm using to plan out the movements and actions the player will be able to do. But that would be an even bigger eye sore. And it would rub off as laziness on my part.

That aside, see you guys late Feburary/March.

EDIT: Almost forgot, you can also keep up with Project D-Resonate updates through the blog section on my webpage. It should be linked in my profile.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 01-01-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #37
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Project Status Update:

Well this is awkward, it seems my plans to go to the Yugioh regional qualifiers went up in smoke. I really need to just stop planning ahead. All it seems to net me is delays and cancalations.

So I'm going to just play by ear from now on. This test's updates and sprites will be ready whenever it's finished. I can't give a date anymore because things have been too chaotic lately to even work in my favor.

That aside I do have one thing that we can talk about. And that's the names of the areas/stages. It's a nice quick thing to get out of the way and seems to be the only thing that worked in my favor this week.

Here's a list of alpha names and place holder names for the areas and stages that will be used in the game. Outside of Black towers and the final stages, these are all going to be rather short. If there's a "?" at the end of it. that means I have not decided on the theme for that stage. granted everything in this list is subject to change over time.

D-Resonate: Castle of Dreams Area and Stage List:

Earth Areas:
Black Towers
Waking Forest
Nightmare passage

Castle of Dreams (Name not final!!) Areas and Stages:
Castle Gates
First Corridor
Hall of Visions (Hub area for the stages)
Final Waltz (Final Stage part 1 unlocked after clearing all 8 stages)
Fatal Climax (Final Stage Part 2 unlocked after clearing "Final Waltz")

Sarina Phantom and later Dash Stellar's Stages that will be accessed through "Hall of Visions" Hub area:
1. Untamed Garden ( debating on "Jazzy Garden") (Theme = Giant plant life and thorns)
2. Transit Trance (Theme = Chaotic Subway System)
3. Smooth Waterway (Theme = A Flooded Temple)
4. Symphonic Winter (Theme = A forest and later in, a shrine covered in snow)
5. Midnight Blues (Theme = A city at night while it's raining)
6. Orchestra of Chaos (Theme = a dark and nightmarish realm)
7. Swing Furness (debating on "Wild Furness") (Theme = Fire)?
8. Graceful Night (debating on "Orchestral Nights") (Theme = Tower)?

I'll post a more indepth explanation for the whole music theme I have going with the names, how the stages are going to be set up in the "Hall of Visions" area, and how they are intend to be clearable in any order, later once I've finished and posted my clinit's commission.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 01-18-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #38
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Actually, It might be sooner then that as far as monster designs go.
Unread 04-04-2013, 05:03 AM   #39
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

So hey remember when I said I'd have a working pre alpha build working by the summer? Well I was horribly wrong. Because of several over sights and things in RL just generally getting worse by the day. I will not be able to have any build ready by August let alone June. I stupidly forgot about spring break and how much time would be lost through RL problems.

I also over estimated my own ablities as an artist. And as a result dispite all of my studing, I'm still not ready to make a decent looking background just yet, and may not be ready before school lets out and I lose all of my free time completely due to baby sitting my sister.

Sorry guys, I tried but things didn't go according to plan. Well at the very least I'll have some concept art/failed attempts at background work ready around May for you to see/laugh at.

Pre Alpha might be ready by Summer 2014 at the latest... might.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 04-04-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #40
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Ffffff-

Update:

Well it's with a heavy heart that I must cancel the game project.

As I expected, my family has intervened and demanded it for me to stop working on it all together. They've lost all faith in my abilites (I don't blame seeing what's happened with my college life). Attemptingly I do need to find work but still...

If it's not making money it's waste of time in their eyes. (Even though this was going to go on steam for $5+ based on content size). Heck they don't even care about the time I spent on it.

I'll try to talk with them later but for now things aren't looking good.

And before someone suggests a Kick Starter to convince them, no it's not worth being called an E-begger for the rest of my life.

I'll try to post the concept artwork I did for the project. It's not much, mostly just some coloring practice and a pic of what i wanted Black Towers to look like along with a few monster designs for the enemies "Pantasms".

I don't know if I can get things rolling again openly and will try to work on it in secret but honestly it's not looking too good.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 04-11-2013 at 06:59 AM.