The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Drawing, writing, and other art
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 05-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #51
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
Send a message via MSN to Kyanbu The Legend

Update:

Screenshot of Black Towers Floor 1 Pre Alpha Vers with the current tile set, and no background graphic (yet).

Disclaimer: No Sarina's Sprite is not ready in a playable form yet. I'm still working on the animations along with the other tile sets.

Full Size (1600x1600) Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1nchds3stj...0screen1.png?m
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:51 PM   #52
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.

Update:

It's been a while since I did any linework. Anyway here's a digital sketch of Sarina taking on a Lesserphan. One of the Phantasm enemy mooks in "D-Resonate: Castle of Dreams".

Sarina VS a Phantasm BWHQ

Like the previous stuff, Lesserphan's design is only a concept and may change before the final build.
Unread 06-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #53
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Default Longest Summer 2: Double Torment Saga

With Summer Vacation a mere two weeks away. It's getting about that time for me to announce that status updates and sprite work for the project are going to be spaced out by a few weeks to a month between one another until September when my little sister is not home 24/7 for me to babysit in addition to work (assuming I get a lucky and find work by then).

So yeah, just wanted to give a heads up that things will be a tad bit slow this summer as far as progress is concerned. On the other hand I can work on story elements and ideas on how to make exploring in this game (and by game I mean mainly Black Towers as every other level will be linear/semi-linear) worth it and enjoyable just by brain storming, so there's that.

... It's gonna be a long Summer...

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 06-10-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #54
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Due to an argument with the fam. D-Resonate Castle of Dreams and my artwork is being placed on haitus until September.

The reasoning for this is due to a misunderstanding leading to the project being blamed for something it has very little relation to it.

So to clear this up, I'm placing this and my artwork on haitus. I will of course still be doodling every now and then to retain skill. But that's pretty much it.

If there is no artwork during the last week of June. Then that means it's in affect.

I have full determination in finishing the project. And work will resume in September of 2013 as promised.

It would be easy if my family completely supported the idea, but it is understandable why not all of them can do so. My time is needed on more important matters and right now, I can't risk them resorting to extremes to shut down Project D-Resonate over a mistake I made.

Thank you all for understanding. And to those who are still curious to see this project completed. I thank you for your patience. I'll do everything I can to make it worth the wait I promise.

-Kwame A. Fletcher a.k.a Kyanbu
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #55
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

It sounds like you have your fingers in too many pots right now. Whether you want to have your fingers in some of those pots is beside the point; make sure the pots you can't pull your fingers out of turn out ok. Or, rather, I can continue putting off enjoying magic catgirl adventure while you do that.
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:24 AM   #56
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Thank you, phil.

So while reading PA report, I learned about the Unity engine that's been getting a lot of use in the indie crowd.

http://unity3d.com

Not sure if anyone here told me about this or not. If so then odds are I completely forgot about it till now. Anyway this looks to be a much better engine then Stencyl and has a free model. It's also supported by almost all platforms including the gen 8 consoles (WiiU/PS4/X1).

Once I'm able to resume work on the game, I'm going to play around a bit with unity. See if it's worth switching over to it or not. (more then likely yes but we'll see)

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 06-22-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #57
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

It seems the AWSD key setup for most PC games is that way for a reason. those keys are always located on the same spot on most key boards.

I'm embarrassed to say I did not know that. Wow, just... wow. >_<;

The fact that I didn't know that is going to bother me for awhile. Also I've decided that I'm going to try and use Unity3D from this point on. Which means I might be abandoning Stencyl entirely as my engine. I've had fun using it, but unity is a much better engine and isn't as limited as Stencyl. That and Stencyl 3.0 probably won't be out for a very long time from the looks of things. So there's no sense in waiting for that when I can just use a better engine with all of the new features already there.

The only main draw back is that I'll have to start over again with the level layouts. Thankfully, that's just one level "Black Towers".

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 07-07-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Unread 07-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #58
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Enemy Concepts Group 1 SKHD

Concepts of a few Enemy Phantasms. These Phantasms have not been named yet. Like the previous uploads. These are only concepts and may change before the final build. More to come soon.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 07-16-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Unread 07-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #59
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

003 is kinda neat. I assume it's a "Damn bats!" type of enemy, or is it something more interesting?
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #60
akaSM
:3

akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world.
Send a message via MSN to akaSM Send a message via Yahoo to akaSM

The flying flea of doom reminds me of Metroids.

Stop abusing my nostalgia!
akaSM is offline Add to akaSM's Reputation   Reply With Quote