The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > News and current events
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 11-09-2016, 07:31 PM   #561
shiney
Derrrrrrrrrrrrrp.

shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history.
Send a message via AIM to shiney Send a message via Yahoo to shiney

If Trump is the disaster he's anticipated to be, then in four years it should be a tidal wave of blue. Assuming the Democratic candidate is someone people actually want to vote for instead of feel obligated to.
Unread 11-09-2016, 09:25 PM   #562
pochercoaster
rollerpocher tycoon

pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve.
Send a message via AIM to pochercoaster Send a message via MSN to pochercoaster

As an aside, thinhs I am tired of: Canadians acting like racism isn't a problem in Canada because it doesn't take the form of Donald Trump.
pochercoaster is offline Add to pochercoaster's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2016, 10:11 PM   #563
Kim
adorable

Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.

Protesters are being shot at an anti-Trump protest in Seattle
Unread 11-09-2016, 10:23 PM   #564
Marc v4.0
Fight Me, Nerds

Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday!

Fuck Trump voters. I'm not buying into this 'some of them aren't bad' horseshit. They weighed the value of human fucking LIVES against towing the party colors and found loyalty to a goddamn political party more important, regardless of the fucking monster they would be handing the presidency over to.

Fuck em.

edit: He offered NOTHING! He had NO PLANS TO PRESENT! He couldn't even articulate a coherent promise of a goddamn SHADOW of a plan. There was not a goddamn thing for anyone to vote for him for except racist/bigoted solidarity or inability to let go of their precious party.

Last edited by Marc v4.0; 11-09-2016 at 10:27 PM.
Marc v4.0 is offline Add to Marc v4.0's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2016, 10:26 PM   #565
Kim
adorable

Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.

Active shooter at LA college
Unread 11-09-2016, 10:30 PM   #566
Overcast
Cinderella

Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted.
Send a message via AIM to Overcast Send a message via MSN to Overcast Send a message via Yahoo to Overcast

Who is going to help us win the next time?
Unread 11-09-2016, 10:55 PM   #567
Gregness
Never give up. Never give in.

Gregness INVENTED reputation, you know! Gregness INVENTED reputation, you know! Gregness INVENTED reputation, you know! Gregness INVENTED reputation, you know! Gregness INVENTED reputation, you know! Gregness INVENTED reputation, you know! Gregness INVENTED reputation, you know! Gregness INVENTED reputation, you know!

I feel like this bears repeating.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
- Robert Heinlein
Gregness is offline Add to Gregness's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2016, 10:57 PM   #568
Marc v4.0
Fight Me, Nerds

Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday!

Lost em at number 2
Unread 11-09-2016, 11:28 PM   #569
Solid Snake
Erotic Esquire

Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way.
Send a message via AIM to Solid Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgdemon View Post
Hey, fuck you, no.
I don't take any offense with this because you've misconstrued my point.

My point had nothing to do with 'self-care' and everything to do with the fact that certain people aren't in positions where they can't simply escape the realities of this election through something like a videogame or an anime.

I interpreted your original statement as "Don't freak out too much over all this, if it's too much just play videogames / find some other outlet to escape reality" and, man, I've tried that tactic today, but I can't stop feeling horrified about the election.

Like, this:

Quote:
If you feel the need to make people feel bad for being unable to handle constantly looking into the epicenter of the shitstorm headed towards them, and think they're not allowed a moment's peace, maybe consider that you're being an asshole?
Has absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making.
I wasn't 'trying to make people feel bad for being unable to handle constantly looking into the epicenter of the shitstorm headed towards them.'
I was reflecting that certain people who may lack the privileges you possess simply are in socioeconomic situations where they CAN'T look away no matter how much they'd like to.

For example: If you're unemployed and a Trump presidency is basically going to destroy the industry you've gotten an education in, don't tell that person the pain is going to go away and life will magically have meaning again if they only 'escape the pain' through some fantasy outlet.

EDIT: Like sometimes RPG what's frustrating about any kind of discussion with you is that you're misinterpret a sentiment, then react negatively based on your misinterpretation, then continuously dwell upon your misinterpretation to the point that you begin completely exaggerating the other person's original argument, all before that person can even be around and show up and say "Hey, wait, no, you got that wrong the first time." So by the time I come back to even read your reaction I can't even bother correcting your erroneous assumption because I'm too offended by your stream of "FUCK YOUS"

I mean, c'mon. "I know that you, Snek, are not an asshole - But you're being one, by denying that people who need the mental break are allowed it."
That is something you typed.
It is absolutely not true.
What I actually wrote was, "Hey, some people aren't in positions of privilege where they can afford to take that kind of mental break you're advocating."
Which is completely different than arguing against the necessity of folks taking mental breaks.
Reading comprehension 101, goddamn.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 11-09-2016 at 11:33 PM.
Solid Snake is offline Add to Solid Snake's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2016, 11:49 PM   #570
Kim
adorable

Actually there are lots of queer folks and people with mental health stuff going who I know and are taking mental breaks. I'm doing it. Like, I self harmed today at one point but I also used shit like Mario and anime and stuff to just... not think about things for a while. I won't pretend everyone can do that but sometimes surviving means finding ways to just not feel the crushing weight of reality on your shoulders every moment of every day.