The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 09-29-2005, 07:27 AM   #61
Geos
Southern Comfort

Geos is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Niles was stirred from his some what restless sleep by the shouts and thumps of the downstairs pub, he was normally used to the audible racket by now, but it was more of a nagging poke in the back of his ears. Eventually he would crack and the sound of one simple word would be the straw that did it. “Boys!” Niles eyes shot open with red veins as if he had not slept well for some time. “That does it” Niles sighed. Niles threw on his overcoat, thrust open the door to his cabin on the second floor and marched his way to the pub. Niles stood at the top of the stairs looking down at the wild pub goers. “Attention, would someone please point me in the direction of the gentlemen that has been making the entire ruckus? My head and my ears would thank him to keep it down.” Niles loudly projected into the pub.
Unread 09-29-2005, 07:47 AM   #62
Dante
Sent to the cornfield

Location: Crushing the weak beneath the iron jackboots of tyranny
Dante is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via MSN to Dante

From beside Lyta, Rin spoke up.

"It seems an awful waste of our talents to... preserve food. Is that not what the peasants do? Or are you going through one of those "understand our lessers" phases?"

Lyta glanced over to her bodyguard.

"You do know that magical preservation of food would be so ridiculously more efficient than needing to carry several tons of salt, right? Or ice. Or anything else."

"They do say that the secret of learning magic is knowing when not to use it. And besides, have you thought of the consequences of magically preserving food? What if pregnant women ate it? What do you think would happen to their kids? The warning labels on potions aren't for show, you know."

"The alternative isn't much better, you know. Eating rotten food is hazardous to your health."

"That's an idiotic alternative, and it isn't the only one. Salt and ice have worked for generations, why not go with them?"

"Whatever - we're going with this, and it's final. Got it?"

Rin rolled her eyes.

"Yes... Lyta."
Dante is offline Add to Dante's Reputation  
Unread 09-29-2005, 09:59 AM   #63
Toastburner B
Toasty has left the building

Toastburner B is a name known to all, except that guy. Toastburner B is a name known to all, except that guy.
Send a message via AIM to Toastburner B Send a message via MSN to Toastburner B

While Ix was still sighing, Kenneth walked over to the makeshift "armory" and picked up his favorite "weapon".

Ix sighed again. "Is this really necessary?"

Kenneth smiled. "Just need to prove something, Ix."

Ix shook his head. "Why do you have to prove it on me?"

Eleanor raised an eyebrow. "You two have this planned out or something? A little routine you do to newbs in the squadron?"

Ix looked at the elf. "Don't I wish."

"Come on now, Ix, you've gotten me a few times."

Ix shook his head, and shifted into a combat position. "Not nearly often enough for me to want to do this."

Kenneth reach the other end of the sparring ring, and raised his cudgel. After a few seconds, he charged. Ix raised his weapon, eyeing the charging man, clearly trying to time when to swing his weapon. As Kenneth neared, Ix swung.

But Kenneth saw it coming. With a swift motion, he ducked under the blow. Before Ix could recover, Kenneth attacked. A loud thwack filled the chamber as Kenneth's attack connected to the draconic's body. Kenneth followed up for good measure by hitting the other side of the draconic's body, and jumping up and landing a blow on Ix's head. The draconic staggered back, more surprised than hurt by the attacks.

Kenneth looked over at Eleanor. "With draconics, it will usually take more than one hit. However, each blow needs to be decisive. Never fail to exploit an opening, because you're enemy certainly won't."

The soft whistling sound of something moving through the air was Kenneth's only warning, but it was too late. With a solid smack, Kenneth slide across the room on the hay.

"And," Ix intoned, "never turn your back on an enemy before they fall."

"Traitor." Kenneth muttered.

I came, I saw, I got team-killed. A lot.
Toastburner B is offline Add to Toastburner B's Reputation  
Unread 09-29-2005, 12:21 PM   #64
PhoenixFlame
☢!CAUTION!☢

PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy. PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy. PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy.

((Eh, she'd try to be a bit more convincing than that, Dante. Stopping at the "Idiotic alternative))

"Do you have a better idea? It won't be a particularly difficult job, and I'll finally be able to get some of my work done. Artifacts don't construct themselves, you know, and they're not free, either." Lyta sighed, "Look, they put mages on merchant ships to USE them, not for decoration."

Rin sighed, "Whatever..."

Lyta rolled her eyes, sarcastically saying, "The alternative is far more boring. Perhaps I should read people's fortunes, hmm?"
Unread 09-29-2005, 12:48 PM   #65
Dante
Sent to the cornfield

Location: Crushing the weak beneath the iron jackboots of tyranny
Dante is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via MSN to Dante

"You know, I always figured that a sorceress like yourself would be doing something like calling the wrath of heaven down on the enemies of the state...."
Dante is offline Add to Dante's Reputation  
Unread 09-29-2005, 01:03 PM   #66
PhoenixFlame
☢!CAUTION!☢

PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy. PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy. PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy.

"Well, point me to the nearest enemy of the state if you want to see fireworks then. Just as soon as I figure out how to perfect the new battlestaff I've been designing, and have enough money to construct it, we can go kill as many "enemies of the state" as you like." Lyta replied. Rin was often like this, and sometimes it got on Lyta's nerves that her bodyguard was so itchy to kill people. Fortuantely for Lyta however, it kept her safe.
Unread 09-29-2005, 01:30 PM   #67
Aerozord
So we are clear

Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was.
Send a message via AIM to Aerozord Send a message via MSN to Aerozord Send a message via Yahoo to Aerozord

Placing his hands in his pockets Aero followed suit. "Perhapps but I preffer fleet captain. I have command over a few ships and I can still get my hands dirty." He tilted his head to the right, then the left, each movement followed by a cracking sound. "Well my ship is near by but I think I can handle this on my own. So just lead the way."
Unread 09-29-2005, 01:57 PM   #68
IHateMakingNames

IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings.

The pub goers' attention was drawn away from the annoyed avain when an even louder personed kicked the door to the Black Muskrat Inn open and announced his presence.

"Greetings pirates! I, Kalos Telrúnya, am here to collect bounties! Would anyone like give up peacefully? If not, I will resort to violence!"

Kalos waited for a, probably violent, response.
Unread 09-29-2005, 02:26 PM   #69
Raiden
Just a passing through veteran

Raiden is so pumped up.
Send a message via AIM to Raiden Send a message via MSN to Raiden Send a message via Skype™ to Raiden

(OOC: :O_o: I have never wanted to be a pirate as badly as I do right now. IHMN's character just wants an asskicking.)

Thomas and Aero walked out of the ship and onto the wooden dock. Standing on the dock were two people. They were part of the Fys Dragon Riders, riders of the Four Polar Metals. They were quite skilled at their dragon taming and flying, and excellent with their weapons. They stood at attention when Thomas got close.

"Samuel. Chris. So, you have decided to go with me?"

Samuel was silent, his dark face hidden underneath his hood and his scaled claw weapons attached to his hands. Chris gave out a big smile, and shifted the weight of the trident that rested on his shoulders.

"Always up fer a scrap, Cap'n. We heard ya' might be interr'gatin' some pirates. Thought we might...back ya' up a bit."

Thomas nodded, and simply walked toward the way of the inn. It was only a short distance away, but they could already see the starting of a commotion.
I have a signature. It's a really cool one, too. It's so awesome, you'd pull your eyes out and punch your mother. Sadly, these rules state that my signature is just too darned big. Too much awesome for such a small space. Oh well. You can still punch your mother...if you want...

Fifth and Krylo made me do it.

http://www.animecubed.com/billy/user...sigs/60266.jpg
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Last edited by Raiden; 09-29-2005 at 04:28 PM.
Raiden is offline Add to Raiden's Reputation  
Unread 09-29-2005, 03:22 PM   #70
Aerozord
So we are clear

Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was.
Send a message via AIM to Aerozord Send a message via MSN to Aerozord Send a message via Yahoo to Aerozord

The inn was a busy place, which was no suprise to Aero. "I suggest I go in first. My outfit doesn't exactly scream soldier. We should avoid giving them a reason to remain tight lipped." Aero entered the inn and was somewhat pleased to see how lively everyone was. This place was obviously a thieves den which meant pirates would be in no small order. He rubbed the back of his neck, "well I suppose this place is as good as any. Now lets see who is worth my time."