The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 09-30-2005, 04:14 PM   #81
Aerozord
So we are clear

Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was.
Send a message via AIM to Aerozord Send a message via MSN to Aerozord Send a message via Yahoo to Aerozord

what its on FIRE?!? Man did I miss something important.
Unread 09-30-2005, 04:42 PM   #82
PyrosNine
Zettai Hero

PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Send a message via AIM to PyrosNine Send a message via Yahoo to PyrosNine

The Pirate hunter attacked with fire magic, it hit the alcohol, burning muskrat. OKey dokey?

Current Works for reading: War Between them, Karma Police.

PyrosNine: Weirdo Magnet Extraordinaire!
PyrosNine is offline Add to PyrosNine's Reputation  
Unread 09-30-2005, 09:56 PM   #83
Astral Harmony
Don't Hate Me 'Cause I'm Moe

Astral Harmony will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.

One tavern down. Three to go. I wonder how long it'll be before the battle hits the Silver Thorn and gets us involved?
Astral Harmony is offline Add to Astral Harmony's Reputation  
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:06 PM   #84
Mintaro
Bending space

Mintaro is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Mintaro

The Flying Squirrels crew is leaving. There is I beleive a pirate captain of Blood masks in the Black muskrat though. Not sure what happened with him.

So THATS where his ideas came from.

Xbox live: Cort Crow
Mintaro is offline Add to Mintaro's Reputation  
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:15 PM   #85
Dante
Sent to the cornfield

Location: Crushing the weak beneath the iron jackboots of tyranny
Dante is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via MSN to Dante

And here is the pirate first mate I promised RR..

Name: Teidan (aka "Dan")

Race: Human

Alliance: Piracy

Occupation/Speciality: Ninja-pirate

Appearance: A dark-skinned scruffy-haired man, standing about five feet tall and wiry, with muscular arms and legs. Usually dresses in loose clothing, predominantly red, though his ensemble changes from time to time. He has a Chinese-style saber slung across his body on a colourful sling, and wears steel-plated sandals, Naruto-style.

I might go on about his deep brown eyes and so on, but Teidan isn't like that. He doesn't believe in having to philosophize about life, the universe and everything. And besides, the above description is what appears on his wanted posters.

Background/history: Teidan was born into a ninja family, where he beat all his teachers by sheer natural talent. It didn't take long before he had learned everything they had to teach him, including their supernatural techniques, and he ran away one night to look for adventure.

He spent years fighting on ships, fighting inside ships, fighting in ports, fighting everywhere, killing people with anything he could get his hands on - sticks, chairs, ropes, live sheep, and so on. He likes his current saber, which he stole off someone whose ass he kicked, but isn't very attached to it. For a while, he was simply looking for powerful people to fight, and that's how he got his reputation.

Then he bumped into Praeyr, and something about her caught his interest. While he never swore loyalty to her (he refuses to allow himself to be pinned down, ever), when he feels like hanging out with her, he takes the role of her first mate. During the times he was on the same ship as her, he was always the first into any boarding actions, cutting people up while everybody else tried to keep up.

He up and vanished a few weeks ago, but after robbing and looting several ships in the in the north, he's decided to go find Praeyr again, for some strange reason.

Items of import:
Light Saber

It's a chinese-style saber, meaning it has a wide, springy blade with a single edge. Its name comes from the fact that it's very light, around 1 pound or so, and Teidan whips it around like it weighs nothing.

In addition, it is frighteningly sharp. Teidan doesn't care about it, but the small stamp on the base of the blade marks it as being forged in the Razor of Dawn smithy, whose blades are renowned for being able to cut a stack of coin in half and kill a man without drawing blood.

Lucky Coin

It looks like some kind of very old silver coin. It's lucky for Teidan. Somehow, things seem to go better when he has it. He found it when looting a ship, and it seemed to call to him. He's carried it with him ever since.

The fact that it protects him against mind control effects and illusions helps too.
Abilities:
Ninjutsu

This is a catchall term for his training in weapons, unarmed fighting and minor supernatural arts (using ki to do things like turn invisible, turn ethereal and so on). It is not directly offensive in and of itself, though it means he has various useful skills, like pickpocketing, holding his breath for a long time, and running up sheer surfaces. His highly acrobatic fighting style comes fromt here too.

Speed

Teidan is fast. Much faster than normal. This isn't magical in nature, but it damn well approximates it. There's really not much more I can say about this which I can't RP and show you.

Magic Resistant

One of Teidan's ki powers is that he can make his body less susceptible to the effects of magical forces. When he uses that power Teidan is resistant to magic, both good and bad. While it means he can't benefit as much from healing magic, it does mean he can survive magical attacks better. This applies to magically conjured as well as direct magic attacks.
Personality: Teidan is brash, uncultured, and likes beating people up as much as he does lazing around in the sun. He doesn't particularly care about anyone or anything, not even Praeyr, though he does chum around with her sometimes. He is very independent, and mislikes people telling him what to do.

Last edited by Dante; 10-01-2005 at 05:34 AM.
Dante is offline Add to Dante's Reputation  
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:51 PM   #86
Rhiya Ravenwing
Swallow and Roll Out!

Rhiya Ravenwing has a spectacular disco-style aura about.
Send a message via AIM to Rhiya Ravenwing Send a message via MSN to Rhiya Ravenwing Send a message via Yahoo to Rhiya Ravenwing Send a message via Skype™ to Rhiya Ravenwing

Oooh, uh, Dante, I might have to get you to remove that magic resistant thingy. You have no good reason for it to occur. HOWEVER, when using your ki, it can be an induced side effect.

And I'm not too sure about the lucky coin thing either. Can you modify that a little? Or get rid of it and replace it with another item?
Rhiya Ravenwing is offline Add to Rhiya Ravenwing's Reputation  
Unread 10-01-2005, 12:25 AM   #87
Mintaro
Bending space

Mintaro is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Mintaro

Just so everyone knows, new RP thread is up.

So THATS where his ideas came from.

Xbox live: Cort Crow
Mintaro is offline Add to Mintaro's Reputation  
Unread 10-01-2005, 02:25 AM   #88
Lumaes
hacks apart pandas.

Lumaes is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

@Ihatemakingnames,
I found your last post very dissapointing- this is a story-telling game right? Skipping over an entire combat with at least 30 or so pirates just because 'its not important' and ending up with them all defeated and imprisoned in stone is really terrible. It's like skipping a fight scene in a novel just because you know the hero is going to win - especially since you made it sound to easy.
Unread 10-01-2005, 05:33 AM   #89
Dante
Sent to the cornfield

Location: Crushing the weak beneath the iron jackboots of tyranny
Dante is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via MSN to Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiya Ravenwing
Oooh, uh, Dante, I might have to get you to remove that magic resistant thingy. You have no good reason for it to occur. HOWEVER, when using your ki, it can be an induced side effect.
Sure, consider it changed.

Quote:
And I'm not too sure about the lucky coin thing either. Can you modify that a little? Or get rid of it and replace it with another item?
What's wrong with the lucky coin? I don't mind changing it but in this case I can't follow the reasoning. It's basically insurance against someone pulling a mind control thing on me and making me turn on you.
Dante is offline Add to Dante's Reputation  
Unread 10-01-2005, 08:18 AM   #90
Arhra
Ara ara!

Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Send a message via AIM to Arhra

I'll have to second Lumaes although I do have some other reasons as well. For a start I think that what would actually happen is the bunch of slightly singed, moderately inebriated and extremely angry ruffians would go and beat the living snot out of Kalos. There's quite a few of them after all - its not like there's just two or three trying to look tough. He burned down their bar! Not to mention the barkeeper would be wanting money for the repairs.

Of course, its likely that some to most of them would wait until the fire was under control (i.e. help with the bucket chains or whatever) - in a port town, fire's really dangerous (all that wood and tar). It's not like there's just three taverns sitting on their own. Even if he did somehow illogically manage to beat them all up (and encase then in stone?!), its not likely he'd be able to get much of a bounty, if any. Whatever happens, Kalos is in a lot of trouble.

Oh, Dante, I personally don't have any problems with the coin as long is it simply offers resistance to illusions and mind control rather than immunity. Several characters do have powers in that area after all.