The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 09-28-2005, 06:57 PM   #1
Squishy Cheeks
Cheers!

Squishy Cheeks is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Squishy Cheeks Send a message via MSN to Squishy Cheeks
Default Kyuden Hida: A Black Wind Blows

The forrest opened up to a clearing. The clearing looked like it had recently been a goblin camp from all the goblin skeletons in the trees. There were goblin bodies strewn about, cleaved with axe and smashed with tetsubo. A tattered banner lay crushed in the dirt. Beyond the clearing there appeared to be a path in the forrest carved in the blood of the goblins. The path was navigable in that no leaves grew on it.

in the distance you hear yells that sound human and at the same time in human. You also hear the groan and creaking of the evil trees. They seem to draw close to you as close as their stiff trunks will allow. You can sense their evil intelligence and their hunger for your flesh. A cold winter wind chills you to the bone. The wind brings only the smells of death, corruption and decay. At the edge of your hearing you hear what sounds like whispers. they almost sound inviting to you. beckoning you deeper into the woods.

the only warmth you feel is the soft green glow against your chest of your jade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silky Johnson
I hate you, I hate you, I don't even know you and I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and nobody else but you.
Squishy Cheeks is offline Add to Squishy Cheeks's Reputation  
Unread 09-29-2005, 08:19 PM   #2
Dante
Sent to the cornfield

Location: Crushing the weak beneath the iron jackboots of tyranny
Dante is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via MSN to Dante

Nadare paused to catch his breath, then headed out into the middle of the clearing to lean against his tetsubo.

"Seppun, you want to trade that boken around now, you go right on ahead."
Dante is offline Add to Dante's Reputation  
Unread 09-30-2005, 02:12 PM   #3
Thaumaturge
Magikoopa

Thaumaturge is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Sagaki followed Nadare out into the clearing, shuddering a little as the whispers seemed to grasp at him like tendrils of fog, seeking to cloud his mind and pull him back into the darkened forest. He shook his head to clear it, then looked around, trying to gauge the direction of the yells, their distance, and, with some effort, trying to discern what manner of creature made them.

OOC: (Shadowlands lore roll - very difficult, I imagine, but worth a shot)
Unread 09-30-2005, 09:45 PM   #4
Squishy Cheeks
Cheers!

Send a message via AIM to Squishy Cheeks Send a message via MSN to Squishy Cheeks

ooc: bad move. some questions you don't want answers too.

Sagaki falls to his knees as the discordant song of the kansen fills his ears. Yet under the horrors and blasphemies there is a seductive siren song.

"Come into the woods, join us. Join us. It's bliss we'll make you free. We'll grant your every wish."

Quote:
I hate you, I hate you, I don't even know you and I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and nobody else but you.
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:22 PM   #5
Dante
Sent to the cornfield

Nadare poked Sagaki with his tetsubo.

"Oei. You okay? Fu Leng got your tongue?"

As soon as he said that, the sky seemed to grow even darker.

"Well, fuck."
Unread 10-01-2005, 05:50 PM   #6
Malkadocian
Dapper Mind-Eater

Malkadocian is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via ICQ to Malkadocian Send a message via AIM to Malkadocian Send a message via MSN to Malkadocian Send a message via Yahoo to Malkadocian

Koyoja glanced over to Sagaki for a moment, before his attention was turned back towards his prayer beads, wrapped around his right wrist. Standing was exhaustive for him... even though his legs were fine, his chest... neck... arms... they were soiled. The hard run out of the forest sent shooting pain throughout his back as well, another sign they needed at least a little rest.

-Those with pure purpose have the strength to never fall.-
-You need no armor, you need no sword. You need only to know that you cannot be defeated.-

He slipped to his knees, and bowed his head, chanting a low sutra to himself. Remembering the writings of the Tao helped ease the suffering and pain his body cried out of. Push past the pain, and enter a new state... one cannot allow distractions when purpose is at hand. First to retain one own self, than to aid others. He was no good to anybody else if he fell in these cursed lands.

He glanced to his companions... looking for wounds, for blood. Seeking to see if which of them was the most injured by the forest.
Unread 10-01-2005, 08:39 PM   #7
Dante
Sent to the cornfield

"Hey, Koyoja, you're hurt, right?"

Nadare unclipped his phial of jade powder oil.

"Take this, rub it into your wounds and into the wounds of anyone who's hurt. It may hurt, but it'll keep the Taint away. And go easy on it! I need to kill oni with that stuff."
Unread 10-03-2005, 07:36 PM   #8
Thaumaturge
Magikoopa

Sagaki dropped to his knees, the clamouring voices in his head as unnerving and dissonant as claws on slate. His eyes were tightly tightly shut, as if somehow by not looking he could cut them out, but instead they only clamoured louder, until he barely felt Nadare's prod, and he didn't know whether he was screaming or whether that was just the shouting in his head. He tried his best to focus his will, to resist the chaotic rabble, and more, to resist their siren-call, but it was far from easy...

OOC: I'm guessing that this would be a willpower roll, but correct me and use the right stat if I'm wrong... ;
Unread 10-03-2005, 08:09 PM   #9
Squishy Cheeks
Cheers!

ooc: you passed

Quote:
Unread 10-04-2005, 02:54 PM   #10
Thaumaturge
Magikoopa

Sagaki concentrated, pushing the kansen away by sheer dint of willpower. He doubled over, perspiration beading on his forehead. Slowly, with great effort, he pushed at them, and slowly he pushed them back. At last, after what seemed to him an eternity, he pushed them out of his mind, making a mental note to be more careful next time as he stood and faced the others.

"My apologies - It seems that I must be more careful when I seek knowledge."