The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 10-01-2005, 09:55 AM   #91
IHateMakingNames

IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings.

Edit - Meh, I added a little scene. Changed slightly (Now pirates are in a hole)

Also, Kalos will pay for the bar with the bounties. It's a crappy pirate bar, it can't cost that much.

He also intends to stop the fire, but I stopped the post before that for Fys (Raiden, Aero, Toaster) reactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante
What's wrong with the lucky coin? I don't mind changing it but in this case I can't follow the reasoning. It's basically insurance against someone pulling a mind control thing on me and making me turn on you.
The problem is probably that it's a little thing he found, but it just happens to protect him from mind control and illusions. Also, because you had it with the passive Magic Resistance, you were making your ninja strong against magic (Which isn't a ninja feature).

Last edited by IHateMakingNames; 10-01-2005 at 10:39 AM.
IHateMakingNames is offline Add to IHateMakingNames's Reputation  
Unread 10-01-2005, 11:20 AM   #92
Mintaro
Bending space

Mintaro is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Mintaro

Pirate bars are the most profitable venture there is, because there is a lot of risk involved. You see Pirates have no use for cash except for three possible reasons. 1: Supplies when they get to a port. 2:repairs on their equipment. 3:Saving it if they have some sort of dream to acomplish (like Nami in one peice.) Other then that Pirates pretty much spend all their money when they get to a dock. They gamble, get plastered buy whores and bassically have a good time. Because as far as they are concerned they never expect to live another day.

So while the bar was not in the best of condition, odds are it pulled in a lot of money. Heck it would have to just to pay for broken furniture alone.

So THATS where his ideas came from.

Xbox live: Cort Crow
Mintaro is offline Add to Mintaro's Reputation  
Unread 10-01-2005, 11:29 AM   #93
IHateMakingNames

IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings.

The bar itself isn't worth much though. It's a crappy building with bad alcohol and cheap floozies. Rebuilding that isn't much. That's all that is needed too.

Even if it does bring in a lot of money, since it's pirate money, it's illegal and the owner would probably be better off just taking the money needed to rebuild the place back to it's previous state, then let the pirates come again.
Unread 10-01-2005, 11:45 AM   #94
Dante
Sent to the cornfield

Location: Crushing the weak beneath the iron jackboots of tyranny
Dante is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via MSN to Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateMakingNames
The problem is probably that it's a little thing he found, but it just happens to protect him from mind control and illusions. Also, because you had it with the passive Magic Resistance, you were making your ninja strong against magic (Which isn't a ninja feature).
That's why it's on something he found and not an innate thing. The "coin" is actually a medallion, but my character doesn't know or care.

Also, I'm making my character strong against magic because magic has become the new form of guns and I don't like being ganked outright by people.
Dante is offline Add to Dante's Reputation  
Unread 10-01-2005, 12:48 PM   #95
PhoenixFlame
☢!CAUTION!☢

PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy. PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy. PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy.

And neither do I. Making a character immune or resistant to magic essentially imperils a certain other type of character.

The whole "wanting to be resistant to X because of Y" just dosen't make much sense, since Y can suddenly decide they want protection from X aswell. (IE: Disjoining your amulet, True-seeing, Summoning, and heavens forbid Tensor's Transformation.) What I'm trying to say is, magic users will simply resort to anti-antimagic-magic.

I never understood the whole "resistant to magic" thing, anyway. Magic is a very broad topic. Perhaps resistance to certain schools of magic (IE: Evocation, for guns). Besides, a lesser item like a coin ought to be no more than +1 proof agaisnt illusions, without it emitting some radiant aura of power.

Edit: I have no problem with secretskull's character, because that's his... "Specialty". Dante's new character is a mageslayer+ninja. *shrug* Whatever.

Also Edited for clarity.

Last edited by PhoenixFlame; 10-01-2005 at 01:01 PM.
PhoenixFlame is offline Add to PhoenixFlame's Reputation  
Unread 10-01-2005, 01:06 PM   #96
secretskull
SMARTASS

secretskull will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.
Send a message via MSN to secretskull Send a message via Skype™ to secretskull

Why do I suddenly feel belittled?

Everyone is an asshole. Including me. Especially including the double asshole who read this and nodded smugly.
secretskull is offline Add to secretskull's Reputation  
Unread 10-01-2005, 01:16 PM   #97
PyrosNine
Zettai Hero

PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Send a message via AIM to PyrosNine Send a message via Yahoo to PyrosNine

Why do I suddenly feel someone's used my character in their post?

EditDeath Dealer)

AS for YOU PHOENIX FLAME: Kay.

Current Works for reading: War Between them, Karma Police.

PyrosNine: Weirdo Magnet Extraordinaire!

Last edited by PyrosNine; 10-01-2005 at 01:30 PM.
PyrosNine is offline Add to PyrosNine's Reputation  
Unread 10-01-2005, 01:18 PM   #98
PhoenixFlame
☢!CAUTION!☢

PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy. PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy. PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy.

Secretskull: I didn't belittle you. If anything, I commented on how you made your character. She's not an ace-of-all-trades, no?

Pyrosnine: Quite honestly, I haven't been paying any attention to your new character, sorry...
Edit: Upon further research, I don't know what you're talking about.
Editit: Upon *further* research, I've deduced you're not talking to me. My mistake.

Last edited by PhoenixFlame; 10-01-2005 at 01:27 PM.
PhoenixFlame is offline Add to PhoenixFlame's Reputation  
Unread 10-01-2005, 01:38 PM   #99
CallmePrismatic
RP Lord

CallmePrismatic will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.

@Raiden: How does Thomas know Gavin visited his ship? I could understand if Toastburner's guy had come down and said something like "Hey, are you those Onslaught guys? Man, your shit got jacked." but looking over I must have missed that.
NPF Mafia - Run by GARUD - Sign Up

Forum Fact: You aren't cool if you haven't corrupted a wish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Because of its profane status and versatility, the word fuck can be used many times in an English sentence. For example,
  • "Fucking fucker's fucking fucked, fuck!" ("It is broken, with additional emphasis on dismay.")
CallmePrismatic is offline Add to CallmePrismatic's Reputation  
Unread 10-01-2005, 01:43 PM   #100
Dante
Sent to the cornfield

Location: Crushing the weak beneath the iron jackboots of tyranny
Dante is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via MSN to Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlame
And neither do I. Making a character immune or resistant to magic essentially imperils a certain other type of character.
As though mages didn't already have a built-in resistance / immunity to physical attacks...

Quote:
The whole "wanting to be resistant to X because of Y" just dosen't make much sense, since Y can suddenly decide they want protection from X aswell. (IE: Disjoining your amulet, True-seeing, Summoning, and heavens forbid Tensor's Transformation.) What I'm trying to say is, magic users will simply resort to anti-antimagic-magic.
So what's your point? That I shouldn't try and protect myself just so you can steamroller opposition with your Conjuration school magic?

In the first place, that's a counter-counter measure right there. So if anyone's going to be blamed for starting the thaumaturgical arms race, it's definitely not me.

Quote:
I never understood the whole "resistant to magic" thing, anyway. Magic is a very broad topic. Perhaps resistance to certain schools of magic (IE: Evocation, for guns). Besides, a lesser item like a coin ought to be no more than +1 proof agaisnt illusions, without it emitting some radiant aura of power.
Thank you for forgetting to read my previous post. I mentioned that it was a medallion which looked like a coin. If that automatically qualifies it for lesser item, then your staff should be a lesser item too, because *omg* SHEPHERDS carry staves! Shock! Horror!

Quote:
Edit: I have no problem with secretskull's character, because that's his... "Specialty". Dante's new character is a mageslayer+ninja. *shrug* Whatever.

Also Edited for clarity.
Ah, there you go, making your assumptions about people's characters again. Magic resistance =/= mage slayer any more than eyepatch = pirate. It's a non-exclusive trapping of the trade.

Of course, since you feel that I'm out to get you, go ahead and complain.
Dante is offline Add to Dante's Reputation