The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 10-03-2005, 08:08 PM   #3011
Incendius
Magikoopa

Incendius is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Incendius Send a message via Skype™ to Incendius

Nikose, Dante's Yip-Yip does not work. It mixes rules from 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5.

- Sun Tzu The art of war
Incendius is offline Add to Incendius's Reputation  
Unread 10-03-2005, 08:11 PM   #3012
Nikose Tyris
Trash Goblin

Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday!
Send a message via AIM to Nikose Tyris Send a message via MSN to Nikose Tyris Send a message via Yahoo to Nikose Tyris Send a message via Skype™ to Nikose Tyris

I don't see why it won't work. Let's have dante break it down for me in a simple, step by step fashion where the weak points are. since I think you're confused.

and everything Dante builds is broken, just legally broken.

[edit] Pyros... I just reviewed it. you CANT show me where it's broken or illegal. so be sure next time you say something, that you don't spontaneously discover the taste of your own foot. on the other hand, my feet taste nice, so I eat them frequently...

Last edited by Nikose Tyris; 10-03-2005 at 08:21 PM.
Nikose Tyris is offline Add to Nikose Tyris's Reputation  
Unread 10-03-2005, 09:01 PM   #3013
Incendius
Magikoopa

Ok then Nikose I have several arguments but the first one that comes of the top of my head is. If its all one edition why do the names of some of the abilities come from second edition while using a third edition race?

Edit: And I never insulted you so I do not see why you need to insult me.

- Sun Tzu The art of war
Unread 10-03-2005, 09:45 PM   #3014
Dante
Sent to the cornfield

Location: Crushing the weak beneath the iron jackboots of tyranny
Dante is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via MSN to Dante

Quote:
Nikose, Dante's Yip-Yip does not work. It mixes rules from 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5.
Its all from 3.5. Kindly state your objections in a logical manner before attempting to slander someone with your preposterous lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyros
Ok then Nikose I have several arguments but the first one that comes of the top of my head is. If its all one edition why do the names of some of the abilities come from second edition while using a third edition race?
Maybe it's because the names for the abilities were carried over to 3rd ed, you ridiculous little troll?
Dante is offline Add to Dante's Reputation  
Unread 10-03-2005, 10:13 PM   #3015
Incendius
Magikoopa

Hmm really? Let me check my books on saturday as most of them are present at our gaming center.

Though I'm sure your overencompassing briliance is what allowed you to think up something that even though the twenty or so DnD people I game with who have themselves been gaming for years most since second edition, some from first edition even, have said it was false they were all obviously wrong.

Also my statement from the previous post still stands Dante. I didn't insult you so why do you feel the need to insult me? Unless your talking about me saying your twink did not work.

Edit: Dante, the names were changed of some of the skills as they carried over so I was still right. When I get to the gaming center on saturday I'll post the facts of why it does not work.

Edit2: First piece of proof. It is not all from 3.5, serpent kingdoms is a 3.0 book thus not being a 3.5 book.

- Sun Tzu The art of war

Last edited by Incendius; 10-03-2005 at 10:19 PM.
Unread 10-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #3016
Kikuichimonji
Yar.

Kikuichimonji is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Kikuichimonji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyros
Though I'm sure your overencompassing briliance is what allowed you to think up something that even though the twenty or so DnD people I game with who have themselves been gaming for years most since second edition, some from first edition even, have said it was false they were all obviously wrong.
That's sarcasm. The word comes from Latin sarcere (or something like that), meaning to rend flesh. I.E., sarcasm has a meaning somewhere around to mentally hurt someone so bad it actually hurts physically. So yeah, that's a pretty insulting to do.

Calling someone a troll isn't good Dante. First of all, it promotes trolling. Second of all, responding to the statement means you willingly responded to a troll.

For the love of God, it's a tabletop game. You're both actually gonna get into a venomous argument over it? Either show how you're correct or not, or drop it. Name-calling is stupid.
This is the story of not getting banned: I trolled a liberal forum for about 3 years until I finally gave up and left. They never banned me for my conservative rhetoric (aka bullshit) because they were bleeding hearts that couldn't even take their own side in a debate. They ended up winning, I suppose, because now I'm a bleeding heart liberal.

Last edited by Kikuichimonji; 10-03-2005 at 10:32 PM.
Kikuichimonji is offline Add to Kikuichimonji's Reputation  
Unread 10-04-2005, 08:09 PM   #3017
Nikose Tyris
Trash Goblin

Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday!
Send a message via AIM to Nikose Tyris Send a message via MSN to Nikose Tyris Send a message via Yahoo to Nikose Tyris Send a message via Skype™ to Nikose Tyris

technically, I only told him he shoved his foot in his mouth. I never dissed you.

Second, when a book doesn't get updated, the 3.0 counts. it means there was no update. meaning, it should still be compatible.

thrid, when someone randomly claims Dante fucks up, ((And this IS DANTE, when the hell does he fuck up? I've only seen twice)) they're either trolling, or know something very deep, that no one else cares about.

fourth, If I'm gonna insult you, then I know I've gotten too deep in the discussion, and will leave the discussion. since I already know dante will rip you to shreds on his own.
Unread 10-04-2005, 08:14 PM   #3018
Incendius
Magikoopa

Suit yourself, go worship Dante as you please while I will go by knowing that all humans make mistakes.

- Sun Tzu The art of war
Unread 10-04-2005, 08:15 PM   #3019
PhoenixFlame
☢!CAUTION!☢

PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy. PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy. PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy.

The "Pun-Pun" level 12 kobold psion twink origionally showed up on the Wizards.com character optimization forum. No-one there has yet to punch a hole in it's logical works.

It's broken, yes. However, it does not break any rules. Think of it as a glitch in the game.

There are several such glitches.

For example. Infinate free dragons, destroy the world, infinate actions/round, ect.

The first two take advantage of shadowmagic, and the last is a synochronicity psionic trick.

Stating that someone makes a mistake without any proof is foolish.

Last edited by PhoenixFlame; 10-04-2005 at 08:17 PM.
PhoenixFlame is offline Add to PhoenixFlame's Reputation  
Unread 10-04-2005, 08:18 PM   #3020
Nikose Tyris
Trash Goblin

*scratches out his deity as Dante, replaces his own name* I don't worship dante! I simply understand he's a hell of a lot smarter than me.