The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 12-10-2005, 11:53 PM   #1
Ghost Rider
Wanna go for a ride?

Ghost Rider is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Default Superman Returns trailer, WARNING, MAY CAUSE YOU TO CRAP YOURSELF, WATCH WITH CAUTION

Linky!
Dull roots with spring rain. "
T.S. Eliot, The Waste Land
Ghost Rider is offline Add to Ghost Rider's Reputation  
Unread 12-11-2005, 12:48 AM   #2
Deathosaurus Wrecks
Underachiever

Deathosaurus Wrecks will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.
Send a message via AIM to Deathosaurus Wrecks

eh...doesn't really show much of the movie, or anything really. i guess if you're down with superman it'd be cooler.
-The Protomen "Unrest in the House of Light"
Deathosaurus Wrecks is offline Add to Deathosaurus Wrecks's Reputation  
Unread 12-11-2005, 04:54 AM   #3
Fifthfiend
for all seasons

Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.
Send a message via AIM to Fifthfiend

The voiceover was just Brando's lines from Superman 1. I mean if they wanted to tell me Superman One was an awesome movie, I guess that's cool, I just don't see how that's supposed to make me care about the new one.

Honestly if they have to resort to cribbing lines from the 20-year-old original, that doesn't tell me they've got a whole lot worth seeing in this movie.

I mean I dunno, I'm kinda the opposite of Deathasaurus here, I'm just way too much of a Superman fan to be able to give a shit about this movie.

Last edited by Fifthfiend; 12-11-2005 at 05:01 AM.
Fifthfiend is offline Add to Fifthfiend's Reputation  
Unread 12-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #4
POS Industries
Argus Agony

POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.
Send a message via AIM to POS Industries

Most of it looked like a clip show from "Smallville" if you ask me. And I'm with fifthfiend here. I'm terrified that this will ruin all things Superman for at least another decade.

Please don't suck, "Superman Returns".... please....
Unread 12-11-2005, 04:58 PM   #5
Fifthfiend
for all seasons

Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS Industries
Hope leads to delusion, delusion leads to poor judgment, poor judgment leads to actually paying money to see the shitty-ass movie and leaving the theatre feeling like you've just paid to be shat on.

Only by accepting the awfulness can you ever truly be free from it.

By the way what is Ghost Rider, some kind of ad department's ridiculous spam-troll or just a garden-variety idiot?

Last edited by Fifthfiend; 12-11-2005 at 05:02 PM.
Unread 12-11-2005, 06:34 PM   #6
Nique
Niqo Niqo Nii~

Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

I like 'Smallville', but I do hope the movie surpasses it... esspecially season 4.

The 'Superman Returns' story is a bit too out there to appeal to anyone but the most hardcore S-fans, but then again, maybe not... They didn't want to make it an origin story all over again, while also not stepping on the continuity of the Christopher Reeves movies, or the 'Smallville' TV show... Or so I hear. It looks slightly corny in a 'Spider-Man Movie' kinda way, but since that turned out really good, I'm thinking that 'Superman' will get decent treatment.

Quote:
By the way what is Ghost Rider, some kind of ad department's ridiculous spam-troll or just a garden-variety idiot?
Now now, be nice - He joined in September, and I'm fairly certain he's legit. he just likes to share movie-things with us... esspecially the comic-book ones.
Unread 12-12-2005, 04:34 PM   #7
FunkyBlackMage
The Mage With DDR Skillz

FunkyBlackMage is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS Industries
Most of it looked like a clip show from "Smallville" if you ask me. And I'm with fifthfiend here. I'm terrified that this will ruin all things Superman for at least another decade.

Ditto. Looks like part "Smallville" rip-off, part sub-par Superman remake.

P.S: Ghost Rider rocks.
FunkyBlackMage is offline Add to FunkyBlackMage's Reputation  
Unread 12-12-2005, 06:06 PM   #8
Fifthfiend
for all seasons

Ghost Rider does rock.

In fact he rocks like only a man with a flaming skull for a head can rock.

On a related note they're actually doing a new Ghost Rider comic book, and all I can say is that it rocks as much as any reasonable person could possibly expect it to rock, which altogether is quite a lot of rock.

Oh craps now I'm turning into a spamboIMPRESS YOUR LADY ADD 1-4 INCHES NOW!!!1!XOXOXO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyBlackMage
Ditto. Looks like part "Smallville" rip-off, part sub-par Superman remake.
Not surprising considering Smallville is just a four-year retelling of what the first Superman movie managed to cover in all of ten minutes and did it better.

Last edited by Fifthfiend; 12-12-2005 at 06:11 PM.
Unread 12-12-2005, 08:11 PM   #9
Ziro
Troopa

Ziro is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

I thought it was cool...

I'm not completely sold on the movie yet, but I'm interested. I'm not about to call it as awful before I even get a full length trailer.
Ziro is offline Add to Ziro's Reputation  
Unread 12-12-2005, 09:17 PM   #10
Sunbane
awesome possum

Sunbane is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Sunbane Send a message via MSN to Sunbane

Does anyone know who the villain will be?