The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 01-23-2007, 09:50 PM   #1
42PETUNIAS
helloooo!

42PETUNIAS is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light. 42PETUNIAS is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light.
Send a message via AIM to 42PETUNIAS Send a message via MSN to 42PETUNIAS Send a message via Skype™ to 42PETUNIAS
Default Mad Plans: So Insane it Has to Work... Again

Just starting up the new thread in Khael's absence, continue discussion.
Unread 01-23-2007, 10:43 PM   #2
Sir Pinkleton
What's going on?

Sir Pinkleton is so pumped up.

I got something to kick start this new thread:

To extrapolate on the "shooting lightsabers" idea, what if you just made a giant Lightsaber hilt, pointed it at the target, and turned it on?

Perhaps, though, the size would cause a loss of energy, thus making the beam very short. But I still believe, with enough electricity (what do lightsabers run on anyway?), you could destroy, for example, a whole two story house in an instant with that kind of power.

Or perhaps we should keep the small lightsaber hilt, but mount it on a space ship of some sort and "turn up the juice?" it's been proven that we can have deadly accurate missles shot from our modern day jets, why not have deadly accurate and long ranged lightsabers?
Sir Pinkleton is offline Add to Sir Pinkleton's Reputation  
Unread 01-23-2007, 11:18 PM   #3
Noodlesis
The Lens Flare makes it Sexy!

Noodlesis is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Better yet! Make a mechanism to turn it on and off fast. Maybe then it would shoot lightsaber beams?
Noodlesis is offline Add to Noodlesis's Reputation  
Unread 01-23-2007, 11:45 PM   #4
Sir Pinkleton
What's going on?

Well, I was thinking more of a continuous beam, useful for penetrating very thick metal (but this is ignoring the fact that the lightsaber is considered a part of the jedi because the force flows through the body and the lightsaber contiuosly (which is why Yoda was able to grab that lighning blast, and how Darth Vader can block lasers with his hands). Your idea might be a good one, Noodlesis, but I'm willing to bet that if we can get our hands on a lightsaber we'll already have blasters and the such, which is basically a easier-to-handle lightsaber beam.
Unread 01-24-2007, 12:45 AM   #5
xravi
Sent to the cornfield

xravi will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.

Lightsabers run on a crystal that is conected to the force.

Last edited by xravi; 01-24-2007 at 12:54 AM.
xravi is offline Add to xravi's Reputation  
Unread 01-24-2007, 12:48 AM   #6
Phlegyas
Destroyer of Threads

Phlegyas is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Quote:
Perhaps, though, the size would cause a loss of energy, thus making the beam very short. But I still believe, with enough electricity (what do lightsabers run on anyway?), you could destroy, for example, a whole two story house in an instant with that kind of power.

Or perhaps we should keep the small lightsaber hilt, but mount it on a space ship of some sort and "turn up the juice?" it's been proven that we can have deadly accurate missles shot from our modern day jets, why not have deadly accurate and long ranged lightsabers?
Yeah, because if there is anything that the lore of lightsabers needs it's the direct phallic reference of someone destroying an entire planet with his huge erection.

Okay, continue. Just wanted to say that, because I find it hilarious.
Phlegyas is offline Add to Phlegyas's Reputation  
Unread 01-24-2007, 04:09 PM   #7
Bisected8
Floating point binary converter

Bisected8 is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

What I want to know is, did a Jedi ever make a large shield shaped beam and used it to charge through rock or something?
Unread 01-24-2007, 04:46 PM   #8
42PETUNIAS
helloooo!

42PETUNIAS is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light. 42PETUNIAS is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light.
Send a message via AIM to 42PETUNIAS Send a message via MSN to 42PETUNIAS Send a message via Skype™ to 42PETUNIAS

not to my knowledge, no. I'm pretty sure the movie didn't use lightsaber beams for anything other than... lightsabers.
Unread 01-24-2007, 10:47 PM   #9
Fifthfiend
for all seasons

Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.
Send a message via AIM to Fifthfiend

Quote:
Yeah, because if there is anything that the lore of lightsabers needs it's the direct phallic reference of someone destroying an entire planet with his huge erection.
His huge laser erection.
Unread 01-24-2007, 10:57 PM   #10
Sir Pinkleton
What's going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthfiend
His huge laser erection.
Thanks for the correction, Fifth.