The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 02-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #1
Mirai Gen
We are Geth.

Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Default Nuklear Wright 4 - A Murder of Nuklear Power Take 2

Revised rules are below. Let's try this again. In the beginning, I come in as the Judge and as Gumshoe. As the Judge I explain the situation, and then I give testimony as Gumshoe, whom sets up the basic story.

Witnesses are to follow their given testimony guidelines. If they do not, that will be contradictory and it will damage their credibility, making it easier for

The rules are thus:
1 - Testimony given can't contradict Gumshoe.
2 - Testimony given can't contradict testimony said earlier.
3 - Testimony cannot contradict what I've told you at all. If you have a question about your role and you aren't sure how to reply, PM me. I will explain further.

Any contradictions are perfectly open for either side's cross-examination to object to.

This would encourage creativity, allow room for screw-ups, but doesn't totally rape a case if someone is lying. It also nicely organizes it so that your most important witness can be at the beginning, because they set the story up. At the end I judge fairly and evenly.

Also; Judging is based off of a variety of factors, not just who was more convincing. Try to keep it fun.

Prosecution, Defense, your witnesses know their roles.
Judge:
Mirai Gen
Prosecution:
POS Industries
Mesden
FenrisWolf
Defense:
SecretSkull
Uganius
MauveMage
Prosecution Witnesses:
Nikose
Big Mac
BlackHBMage/RegulusTera
Defense Witnesses:
PyrosNine
Flarecobra
Newb
Defendant:
MaskedJedi

Court is now in session for the Murder of Rick Z. Arber.

Rick Arber was found dead a little under a month ago, at 9:15 PM, at the apartment that he and MaskedJedi share. Masked Jedi was arrested that night at 1:19 AM.

In this case, Gumshoe will provide testimony explaining the crime scene and the trail of evidence that led to Masked Jedi's arrest. The prosecution will provide evidence to Masked Jedi's guilt in killing Rick Arber, while the defense will prove those claims faulty and not beyond reasonable doubt.

Gumshoe shall give the first testimony. Then, I will ask if the prosecution or defense have any questions about the murder scene. After that, Masked Jedi will make his statement and the prosecution will cross-examine.

Yes, I think that is all. Gumshoe, give your testimony.

Court Record:

Last edited by Mirai Gen; 02-13-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Mirai Gen is offline Add to Mirai Gen's Reputation  
Unread 02-12-2008, 03:44 PM   #2
Mirai Gen
We are Geth.

Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Sure thing, Pal!

We got there at 9:15 PM, that Saturday. When we got there, thankfully, nobody had touched the crime scene.

Lucky thing, too! Rick had been stabbed in the chest by a kitchen knife, part of a set that was located inside Rick and Masked's home!

The Nerd Guys in the department upstairs checked the knife - it had Masked's fingerprints all over it!
Murder Knife added to the court record.

Rick's Autopsy added to the Court Record.

There was no sign of forced entry either, the door was open when we got there, but we're pretty sure he locked it when he went inside. Since Masked shares the apartment, we're sure he let himself inside.
Door Examination added to the court record.

And there's more too! Rick's Jacket had Masks' fingerprints on it too!
Rick's Jacket added to the court record.

We knew it was Masked! We looked around town for him, finally stopping to check at his friend's house. There he was. We arrested him on the spot.

So what do you think? Pretty great detective work, huh?

Does the defense or prosecution require any clarity on this matter?

Last edited by Mirai Gen; 02-12-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Mirai Gen is offline Add to Mirai Gen's Reputation  
Unread 02-13-2008, 04:39 AM   #3
secretskull
SMARTASS

secretskull will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.
Send a message via MSN to secretskull Send a message via Skype™ to secretskull

The Defense has a few questions for the Detective your Honor.

Mr. Gumshoe, the Defendant and Mr. Arber lived together in the same house, and that knife was from their house. Is it beyond the realms of possibility to assume that my clients fingerprints were on the knife, because he touched it while eating or washing the dishes? It isn't a very large stretch to assume this, I'm certain that you will find the fingerprints of both of them on all the silverware.

In addition, have you ever lived in the same house with someone else? Didn't you ever give him a friendly pat on the back, or something of the sort? It is a fairly common practice.

The evidence which you have gathered is circumstantial at best Detective. Every person is assumed to be innocent until proven guilty, and a few easily explained fingerprints do not make a man guilty!

Everyone is an asshole. Including me. Especially including the double asshole who read this and nodded smugly.
secretskull is offline Add to secretskull's Reputation  
Unread 02-13-2008, 08:17 AM   #4
Fenris
Administrator

Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana.
Send a message via AIM to Fenris Send a message via MSN to Fenris

Deedly deedly.

The prosecution wishes to know how fresh the fingerprints on the murder weapon were, and their position upon the knife. If the knife had been washed ever, older fingerprints should have been merely washed away, since fingerprints are no more than an imprint of oil from one's hand.

Additionally, Gumshoe, can you provide us with a definitive time of death?

Finally, the proseuction wishes to know, either from the defendant or his friend, at what time and in what condition did the defendant arrive at the residence at which he was later arrested?
Unread 02-13-2008, 03:47 PM   #5
Mirai Gen
We are Geth.

Slow down there, guys! I can answer all your questions at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrisWolf
The prosecution wishes to know how fresh the fingerprints on the murder weapon were, and their position upon the knife. If the knife had been washed ever, older fingerprints should have been merely washed away, since fingerprints are no more than an imprint of oil from one's hand.

Additionally, Gumshoe, can you provide us with a definitive time of death?

Finally, the proseuction wishes to know, either from the defendant or his friend, at what time and in what condition did the defendant arrive at the residence at which he was later arrested?

No problem, pal! There's this old dude at the morgue - Rumor says he's got prosthetic legs! He told us time of death was between 5 and 6 PM.

As for the fingerprints? They were from that day, but we couldn't figure out precisely when. The longest time that fingerprints stay on an unwashed surface is three days, but these ones were really fresh!

The prints also started with the pointer-finger near the hilt, and descended from there. There was a thumb print on the handle, right next to the hilt as well.

Quote:
In addition, have you ever lived in the same house with someone else? Didn't you ever give him a friendly pat on the back, or something of the sort? It is a fairly common practice.

The evidence which you have gathered is circumstantial at best Detective. Every person is assumed to be innocent until proven guilty, and a few easily explained fingerprints do not make a man guilty!

Hey, pal, I'm no dumb stubbie! The handprints were from violent force! We saw the handprints, the unlocked door, the argument they had, and the knife and did the obvious!

The Court Record has been updated.

And as for the defendant's friend's testimony? I thought she was here as a witness? You can't ask me that. Wait your turn!
Unread 02-13-2008, 10:53 PM   #6
Fenris
Administrator

Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Fenris is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana.
Send a message via AIM to Fenris Send a message via MSN to Fenris

I have no further questions at this time, Your Honor.
Unread 02-14-2008, 02:43 AM   #7
secretskull
SMARTASS

Violent Force? That doesn't sound so good. What can I make of it?

Just a few more questions detective.

This violent force that my client supposedly used. Did the fingerprints show it was on the front or the back of Mr. Arber's clothes?

Also, as I'm sure you've looked into it throughly, were there any other fingerprints on the murder weapon? Perhaps Mr. Arber's. Perhaps a few others.

Everyone is an asshole. Including me. Especially including the double asshole who read this and nodded smugly.
Unread 02-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #8
Mirai Gen
We are Geth.

Other fingerprints? C'mon, Pal, you gotta give me more credit than that! You think I wouldn't notice something like that? Those were the only fingerprints that were picked up by the CSIs.

As for the violent force? The handprints were on the front of the jacket.

Can I go now? I'm hungry.
Unread 02-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #9
secretskull
SMARTASS

Just making sure Detective, that is my job. The Defense is done for now, your honor.

Last edited by secretskull; 02-14-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Unread 02-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #10
Ugainius
Totally Spamming Potions

Ugainius will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.

Will we bring forth the defendant, your Honour?
Ugainius is offline Add to Ugainius's Reputation