The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 02-12-2009, 07:17 AM   #1
Arhra
Ara ara!

Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Send a message via AIM to Arhra
Default Magical Fracas Discussion 5: A lesson is learned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_ View Post
Did you read Omamori Himari? 'Cause if you didn't, don't I mean, it explains what he's getting at by the end of the first chapter.

It wouldn't be funny to link that thing from AMV Hell again, would it?
What is this thing you call Omamori Himari?

I think that link could quite possibly be always funny.

Oh that Kiro.

Naqel, we'll see how that rune creation goes then.

Menarker, thanks for making those changes. With Vengeful Hunter's Pursuit, its more the move feels awkward in some cases. I'll let it pass and see how it goes. 'Instant movement' techniques are meant to be fairly accessible after all. We'll see how Persevering Assault works out too.

Having gone over things a little closer, I'm a bit uncertain of the edited Arcane Clarity letting you know the position of a mage just by seeing their attacks. On one hand, it makes something like the stealthy jerk enemy type hard to work, but it could be fun for the exact reason that it gives a means of working out their approximate position. I might ask what people think about this?

People may have noticed my decisions tend towards whatever would be more dramatic.

I've remembered something I forgot to mention before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarker
Standard Stuff: Can use standard ball or beams of energy, but they are no more potent than any other mage. Flight is possible, but sustained flight is a tricky and draining. His basic attacks are swift, above average strength, and easily fluid, flowing from one attack to the next, even in mid-air.
There's actually no 'standard' beams or balls of energy. I have been loose on the generic defenses (shield and barrier) but even then most people have described them anyway. If you have an energy attack, it should be one of your named spells.

AB, sounds like having a bit system would fit well, seeing your Device is actually a hovering drone when not combined. Maybe it had babies? >> <<

Relm, you don't actually have your full profile in the character sheet thread. Your original profile is here.

As I've said before, the Blue Star seems counter intuitive. Seeing Demi drains all around her, an aura over an area would be the most affected. Additionally, seeing she's a walking sinkhole as far as magic goes, it seems to go against her theme. I don't really know what changes could be made to fix that though. Thoughts?

I have concerns about the power of having multiple stars out at once, particularly since so far Demi seems to be able to move them around with great ease and you've mentioned you plan to steadily increase the number of stars she can have at once.

I've been confused about the strings too. I had the impression that only the tips of the Siphon Strings were dangerous, but the Carapace of Absorption mentions any contact at all was bad.

Ah, one last thing:
Quote:
White Star Its a white orb shining brightly that she conjures. It floats around her head and body usually. Attunements: Celestial Sphere, Magical Stone
I don't understand what is meant by the attunements.

Last edited by Arhra; 02-12-2009 at 07:22 AM.
Arhra is offline Add to Arhra's Reputation  
Unread 02-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
Relm Zephyrous
Who am I again?

Relm Zephyrous will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.

Profile fixed. (I think)

Well, with the Blue Star I'm not too sure what changes would be able to be made. Really, its just putting magic into things to drain it right back into her form, like continiously recycling magic.

And as for multiple stars, her ability to use them will steadily go up as she gets better, but her ability to move and direct them has its correlation in how many she has out/the extent she is directing them.

Well, the whole thing is made of tons and tons of the strings, and the simple fact is that string heads will probably be popping out all around it to about a quarter inch or so. Regardless, the whole string is indeed dangerous, just that its more of a passive thing that really doesn't affect too much, and the tip she can pull others energy in through.

Attunements... just means types of magic she's absorbed to some degree and to some degree can align her magic types to.

Last edited by Relm Zephyrous; 02-12-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Relm Zephyrous is offline Add to Relm Zephyrous's Reputation  
Unread 02-12-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhra
Oh, I have a new thing to hassle Mern about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarker View Post
It's different in some contests like chess, where you can lose all your pieces but your king, but if that king can kill the other, then it all becomes worth it.

Last edited by phil_; 02-12-2009 at 12:00 PM.
phil_ is offline Add to phil_'s Reputation  
Unread 02-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
Menarker
OMG! WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?

Menarker is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Menarker is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Menarker is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhra View Post
What is this thing you call Omamori Himari?

Menarker, thanks for making those changes. With Vengeful Hunter's Pursuit, its more the move feels awkward in some cases. I'll let it pass and see how it goes. 'Instant movement' techniques are meant to be fairly accessible after all. We'll see how Persevering Assault works out too.

Having gone over things a little closer, I'm a bit uncertain of the edited Arcane Clarity letting you know the position of a mage just by seeing their attacks. On one hand, it makes something like the stealthy jerk enemy type hard to work, but it could be fun for the exact reason that it gives a means of working out their approximate position. I might ask what people think about this?

People may have noticed my decisions tend towards whatever would be more dramatic.

I've remembered something I forgot to mention before.

There's actually no 'standard' beams or balls of energy. I have been loose on the generic defenses (shield and barrier) but even then most people have described them anyway. If you have an energy attack, it should be one of your named spells.
Yes, that link always makes me smile with an odd sense of glee. :3

Ok, first, Omamori Himari is a harem manga, featuring demon-slayer in modern time and demons, whom most who encounter the main character tend to be the standard sexy women, including the main heroine, the cat girl samurai. :3

Ok, I removed the Standard stuff thing, including balls and beams. The part about swift fluid attacks are intergrated into Feline Poise.

I editted Arcane Clarity, since I found out it didn't actually clarify how Mern would tell which was the caster. Basically, upon countering the different magic, let's say he was being ganged teamed against by two magic casters both spamming magic bolts, all over the place. Soon enough, he'll know which bolt belongs to which person. The caster will appear on the map as another one of those "magical signals" matching with the bolts but since he/she/it tends to be the storage place of magic and it would appear more prominant in his senses, or moving around constantly, Mern would reason that would be the caster.

Aye, we'll both see how the moves go.
Menarker is offline Add to Menarker's Reputation  
Unread 02-12-2009, 05:29 PM   #5
Teal Mage
Political Studies Student

Teal Mage is so pumped up.
Send a message via AIM to Teal Mage Send a message via MSN to Teal Mage Send a message via Skype™ to Teal Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhra View Post
Can't a bunch of the Autekka do something like that anyway?
I'm always available to chat on AIM and Skype/MSN, so if you've like to speak further with me about anything I say, or just address something to me personally, feel free to add me. I welcome such conversations.

Also obligatory signature!
Teal Mage is offline Add to Teal Mage's Reputation  
Unread 02-14-2009, 10:16 PM   #6
Arhra
Ara ara!

Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Send a message via AIM to Arhra

Well, the area search type spells are a pretty standard utility spell but are generally a little clunky to use in combat. They wouldn't really work very well against something that's cloaking itself, while this apparently would and its always on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relm Zephyrous View Post
Well, with the Blue Star I'm not too sure what changes would be able to be made. Really, its just putting magic into things to drain it right back into her form, like continiously recycling magic.

Attunements... just means types of magic she's absorbed to some degree and to some degree can align her magic types to.
That doesn't tell me anything about the attunements. What does aligning her magic type to actually mean?

For the Blue Star, at the very least, I can't let Rejuvenation stand.

Quote:
Rejuvenation Perhaps one of her most adored skills, the aura it gives off also boosts the magical energies of everything in it spare those she doesn't want it to, once again, allies more than neutrals, herself more than allies, and all depending on proximity to the star. Its magical enhancement greatly boosts her own magical stores, and improves the sheer amount she drains from things around her, both of which she desperately needs.
Basically, if its boosting something, the power has to come from somewhere. This doesn't seem to have any cost involved.

ApatheticFoxboy (is there any name you prefer that to be shortened to?), that all looks good. Never thought of the possibility of a corrupted Device. Approved. I do want people to have a short list of family and friends though - these things come up a lot in the genre.

Last edited by Arhra; 02-14-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Arhra is offline Add to Arhra's Reputation  
Unread 02-14-2009, 10:31 PM   #7
Relm Zephyrous
Who am I again?

Relm Zephyrous will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.

The attunements are just simply changing the type of magic to that. Ie; if she changed the type of magic in it to a water element or a shadow element or a cosmic or light element, etc, the magic in there all once used would act as that type of magic rather than neutral magic.

Regeneration does have a cost, its just that it spreads out, does its effects, and afterwards instead of dissapating, gets absorbed back into me and gets resent to the blue star to start the cycle anew.
Relm Zephyrous is offline Add to Relm Zephyrous's Reputation  
Unread 02-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #8
ApatheticFoxboy
Shyguy

ApatheticFoxboy is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

You can call me Foxboy, or AF if you want.

I'll try posting sometime tonight.
Unread 02-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #9
PhoenixFlame
☢!CAUTION!☢

PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy. PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy. PhoenixFlame is a name known to all, except that guy.

Though it has been mentioned several times, telepathic communication is simple and actually quite easy. It's mostly private, but can be still be intercepted.

Nobody's tried it interpersonally yet (that I'm aware of at the moment, anyway), so that's why Akari's speaking to Shimizu now.
Unread 02-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #10
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

Ah. I was about to ask if we could all do that. Good to know.

Also, I think I've kinda skipped ahead by a few hours too many, so unless I figure out something neat to happen while waiting for or riding the train back, I'll remain quiet until more people reach the afternoon or evening. Not that this is a big change, just thought it could help to know.

I'm making a note: quit making Panko and Picky go on their own slash stay out of trouble, Phil.