Nuklear Power Forums  

Go Back   Nuklear Power Forums > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 04-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #1
Ralion
Goomba

Ralion is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Default Looking For Group Comics

Hi everyone. I have been a longtime fan of Nuklearpower but have just registered. I am starting to create a comic of my own and am curious of how I am doing. Any critism is welcomed. Thanx!

http://lookingforgroup.tripod.com/
Ralion is offline Add to Ralion's Reputation  
Unread 04-26-2006, 10:06 AM   #2
Sean C
Troopa

Sean C is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

It's okay. I'm not crazy about webcomics that break the fourth wall in order to kick things off, but this is better than most who try that approach. By covering so many aspects of the creative process, this comic seems to distinguish itself a bit more. Just wrap that bit up soon; it gets old fast no matter how you approach it. (Just don't make it a gamer comic, or ye shall be claimed by the PA-CAD rip-off machine.)

The art's decent, but the thick lines squish the facial details. Either draw the characters at a larger size, mix up line variation, or reduce some of the facial details. Any of these methods should make the art a bit more clear.

As for the site itself, I think putting the latest comic on the main page would benefit you. There should be more navigation buttons, too. (First, Last)

Other than that, not a bad job at all.
Sean C is offline Add to Sean C's Reputation  
Unread 04-26-2006, 11:40 AM   #3
RickZarber
Insomniac Extraordinaire

RickZarber single-handedly slew a dragon. RickZarber single-handedly slew a dragon. RickZarber single-handedly slew a dragon. RickZarber single-handedly slew a dragon. RickZarber single-handedly slew a dragon. RickZarber single-handedly slew a dragon.
Send a message via AIM to RickZarber Send a message via MSN to RickZarber Send a message via Skype™ to RickZarber

Not bad. You've got a decent (and consistent) art style, and the humor's generally good. A few misses here and there, but hey, you're just starting.

My few suggestions are to a) establish your supporting cast soon, cause it's hard to keep track of characters when you don't know their names, b) watch out for typos; I saw a lot of i's in there and other small mistakes that could easily be corrected with a quick spell check, and c) save your comics as something other than .jpeg, preferably .png (after all, since you're putting all this effort into the comic, you want it to look the best it can).
RickZarber is offline Add to RickZarber's Reputation  
Unread 04-26-2006, 12:19 PM   #4
GARUD
Demon Slayer and Ass Kicker

GARUD has a spectacular disco-style aura about.
Send a message via AIM to GARUD Send a message via MSN to GARUD Send a message via Skype™ to GARUD

It was good humour wise. Anything Rick said, he basically covered all of your mistakes. However, coming from an amatuer like me, you are doing fantastic.

If you need to look on any examples of good freehand comics (not sprite ones), then take a few pages out of some of the NPF comic thread. There is quite alot of techniques you can use from the range of variing styles. Also, You can look up VG Cats. It's a decent webcomic that uses freehand pictures.

Welcome to the forums, keep up the good work and enjoy your stay.