The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 03-20-2008, 10:28 PM   #1
Kerensky287
Just That Good

Kerensky287 is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Kerensky287 is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Kerensky287 is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Kerensky287 is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Kerensky287 is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Kerensky287 is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Kerensky287 is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Default X-Men Origins: It Was Inevitable

The bad news: We've apparently got an X-Men prequel starring - you guessed it: Wolverine.

The good news: It's got Deadpool and Gambit in it.

Yep. They've cast Ryan Reynolds (Van Wilder) as Deadpool.

I haven't heard jack about this, I just followed a link on a Wikipedia page. What do you guys think about this?
Kerensky287 is offline Add to Kerensky287's Reputation  
Unread 03-20-2008, 10:40 PM   #2
RickZarber
Please Be Well

RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier.

I'm surprised you haven't heard about it previously. It's been in development at least since the third X-Men movie came out.

Honestly, I'll probably go see it just because. I don't feel strongly about it one way or the other. I mean, financially this movie makes perfect sense. :P
RickZarber is offline Add to RickZarber's Reputation  
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:03 PM   #3
Xaeta
I have a caffeine addiction.

Xaeta has a spectacular disco-style aura about.

I've also heard that there will be a similar movie for Magneto.

Can anyone else confirm this?
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:28 PM   #4
RickZarber
Please Be Well

RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier.

Confirmed.

Though it's being directed by David S. "Blade Trinity" Goyer. Still, better than the originally reported Jarod "Napoleon Dynamite" Hess...
RickZarber is offline Add to RickZarber's Reputation  
Unread 03-24-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
Death by Stabbing
Pasta!

Death by Stabbing is on the way to destruction.
Send a message via AIM to Death by Stabbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickZarber
Though it's being directed by David S. "Blade Trinity" Goyer. Still, better than the originally reported Jarod "Napoleon Dynamite" Hess...
Too true

I'm a big fan of Wolverine...have been since I was a lad...so I am going to see this movie probably opening day next year...Even if it doesn't get good reviews I like to see how stuff lines up with the comic books so I can complain about it later XD
Ugainius- Like my father always said: "A good shit is better than a bad ride any day of the week."
DFM- Your father either took some amazing dumps or had some terrible fucking rides.
Hawk- Weclome to the motherfuckin' NPF! Toilet's in the back.
Death by Stabbing is offline Add to Death by Stabbing's Reputation  
Unread 03-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #6
Magus
Archer and Armstrong vs. the World

Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something.
Send a message via AIM to Magus

Ryan Reynolds seems to fit Deadpool's personality, I just can't stand that guy very much...then again, he's actually at least as funny as some of the other horrible comedy actors who have been successful, like, say, Will Ferrel, so really I guess he deserves more parts. Which is something I didn't think I'd be saying but there it is. I mean, I like him way more than some of these other actors who have been given part after part after part.

And finally Gambit gets to be in a movie? I hope he'll actually be like himself and not some fascimile of Gambit. Kind've like how they made Rogue be like ten years younger than her comic counterpart in the other X-men movies and basically take the part Jubilee (I'm going off the cartoon here, I don't really read the comics but I used to watch the cartoon every week, and then day, for years). I.e. stupid teenage damsel in distress.
Unread 03-25-2008, 02:59 PM   #7
Fifthfiend
for all seasons

Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.
Send a message via AIM to Fifthfiend

Fuck you, Jubilee was awesome! okay yeah, no she wasn't
Unread 03-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #8
42PETUNIAS
helloooo!

42PETUNIAS is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light. 42PETUNIAS is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light.
Send a message via AIM to 42PETUNIAS Send a message via MSN to 42PETUNIAS Send a message via Skype™ to 42PETUNIAS

Crap... more Wolverine.

That said, I guess this would be pretty cool, but I'd be watching it for Deadpool and Gambit, definitely not to see Wolverine hog more spotlight. I could see Ryan Reynolds do this pretty well, the only thing I ever saw him in that resembled an action movie was Blade Trinity, and he seemed pretty good in that, and that role seemed pretty damn similar to what Deadpool would be doing.
Unread 03-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #9
Mirai Gen
We are Geth.

Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mirai Gen can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Ryan Renolds can pull off Deadpool so easily it makes me cry.

I mean, really, almost all of Deadpool's hilarity - yellow little boxes excluded - could work perfectly well. I hope they don't try and break the fourth wall, but it'd be simple as hell. He pulled off the Comedic Relief Mercenary well in Blade Trinity (Excluding the fact that the rest of the movie was mediocre at best) and if he was just more incessantly annoying he'd be perfect.
Unread 03-25-2008, 03:53 PM   #10
Lumenskir
Speed-Suit

Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted.

My only problem with Ryan Reynolds is the fact that, like in the case of the Doomsday chick and Kate Beckinsale, I'm not completely certain that Ryan Reynolds and Dane Cook aren't the exact same person.

But hey, Gambit Riggins! I'm glad he'll be getting work now that FNL is in limbo (YOU FUCKERS).
People living through a golden age often donít know. And itís important that they do, because this golden age, as with all the ones that lie behind us, depends on patronage. If enough people lament the death of culture, culture will die, no matter how sophisticated our means of disseminating it.
Lumenskir is offline Add to Lumenskir's Reputation