The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Games & Roleplaying > Forum Games
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #211
rpgdemon
Not a Taco

rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

Fuck you all, I knew Fenris was scum from the beginning. And I would have saved the town with my D1 no-lynch if you all weren't stupid.

My scum list:

-Sifright
-Fenris
-IC
-Vauron

Jerks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard The 5th LW View Post
RPG has total "I told you so" privileges.
Quote:
RPG still has total "I told you so" privileges.
rpgdemon is offline Add to rpgdemon's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #212
Ryong
Professional Threadkiller

Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson.
Send a message via Skype™ to Ryong

Don't mean to backseat or anything, I only just kept up with the couple last days but:

Dude with pepperspray, doesn't sound like a cop, no way.

...Really?
Ryong is offline Add to Ryong's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #213
Aldurin
Lakitu

Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk.

Here's the role descriptions with the synopsis of their actions.

Because who needs charts?Nikose:
The Goddamn Bat- I mean Bodyguard, Mafia aligned: An expert in keeping your partners alive, you've quickly risen to the ranks of the mafia inner circle.
Once per night you may select a player to save. The selected person will be unkillable until the next day.

Night 1: Protects self.

Night 2: Protects self . . . AGAIN.

Night 3: Protects self.

Moogle:
Mafia Don, Leader, Mafia aligned: Your expertise in the earliest incursions allowed you to quickly sieze power, and your word is just short of absolute law.

Once during the game (and only once) you can protect a player during the day, neutralizing votes on them and moving the lynch to the runner-up, should the protected have the majority vote at the time. The effect will not be revealed until the end of the day, but your identity will be given away with it too.

Day 3: Uses power to protect himself and move the lynch onto Sifright.

Gregness:
Mr. Trenchcoat, Vigilante, Mafia Aligned: Your nickname comes from the trenchcoat you always wear, rumored to be lead-lined and have enough secret pockets to get anything into any secure zone. It comes to no surprise that you'd have a gun on you right now.

Once per night, you can select a target to kill. Beware that if you kill two mafia-aligned players in a row, you will also gain miller status for the rest of the game.

Night 1: Target rpgdemon for a kill

Night 2: Target Geminex for a kill

Night 3: Target Vauron for a kill

rpgdemon:
Recon Jon, Detective, Mafia Aligned: Scopin' out areas and what each person can do is your gig, and you do it well.

Once per night, you can select a player to scan. At the end of the night, you will get details on their role and alignment.

Night 1: Targeted Gregness.

IHMN:
Silent Slim, Watcher, Mafia Aligned: You're far more observant than most people realize, and that gives you an edge in these situations.

Once per night, you can select one person to see who they target and who targets them. Once during the game, you can foreit this action and watch the whole group, recieving info on who targets who, but identified by role instead of name.

Night 1: Using secondary action.

Bahamutflare:
The Wall, BulletProof, Mafia Aligned: Rumors still spread about whether or not you can actually die.

You are immune to all nightkill attempts, but not lynching attempts.

Inbred Chocobo:
Sir Gizmo, Inventor, Mafia Aligned: You can make anything from anything, but you'll probably need a reference of what you're making first.

On Night 0 (or night 1 if you want to wait), you can scan any person to see their role. Once you get that result, you automatically get the same power as them (if they have a power) and can use that power starting as early as night 1 (if applicable).

(Recieved Roleblocker power from Fenris)

Night 1: Targeted Bahamutflare with roleblock.

Night 2: Targeted Sifright with roleblock. Targeted by Geminex for nightkill.

Town roles: (Ecks, Fenris, Sifright and Vauron)

Fenris
Eager Cadet, Roleblocker, Town Aligned: You're still fresh meat in the police force, but that doesn't hold down your excitement. Though for some reason you do have an alarming obsession with pepper-spraying people.

Once per night, you can target someone and prevent them from targeting anyone else with their ability (if they have one) for that night. You can choose to target two players, shooting the pepper spray can to roleblock both of them (and you, meaning you can't perform the faction kill that night). Taking the second option will revert you to vanilla for the rest of the game.

Night 1: Targeted rpgdemon for the roleblock.

Night 2: Targeted Sifright(?) for the roleblock.

Night 3: Targeted Bahamutflare with the roleblock.

Night 4: Targeted Nikose with both the roleblock and the kill.

Vauron
Sleeper Agent, Scanproof, Town-Aligned: You managed to get yourself within the mafia organization during its earliest days, making it nearly impossible for them to consider that you're actually a trained federal agent.

When scanned, you will show up as Mafia Aligned.

Night 2: Targeted Inbred Chocobo with the faction kill.

NIght 3: Targeted Gregness with the faction kill.

Ecks
Black-ops veteran, Assassin, Town Aligned: You were hired for this bust due to your subtelty on the field.

Once during the game, you may make the faction kill a disappearance if you're the one performing the kill. Any actions you take cannot be tracked by any means.

Lynched Day 2.

Sifright
Vigilante McBadass, Rolestealer, Town Aligned: You can adapt to any situation and make use of any equipment you find.

For the first faction kill that you perform, you will gain the abilities of the victim (should they have any.)

Night 1: Targets the first faction kill against Nikose.

Self-Aligned:

Geminex
Vengeful loner, Serial Killer, Self-Aligned: The mafia took away everything from you, and the police did nothing to help. They all need to die.

You can perform one nightkill each night. You win when everyone else is dead.

Night 1: Target IHMN for the kill.

Night 2: Targeted IC for nightkill.

All roles were assigned randomly (I literally rolled decrementing dice for each assignment.)

The two wildcard roles to give some more uncertainty to the game were Sifright and IC. IC immediately responded back to scan Fenris, who at the time I was just about to roll for. Thus IC became a roleblocker and knew Fenris' role excluding flavor and alignment. Now think guys, what kind of lame-ass mafia uses pepper-spray, while the police have it as standard equipment?

Day 1 took an interesting turn when rpgdemon made the call to force a tie and spare Bahamutflare from the lynch, which I honestly feel was a good move on his part since the town needed numbers.

Night 1 went pretty interestingly. Both investigation roles were wiped out by Gregness and Geminex, while the scum assumed that Nikose wouldn't protect himself and sent Sifright to try to kill and take his power. Fenris went ahead and roleblocked rpgdemon and IC blocked Bahamutflare (fun fact, pepper-spray combo would not have worked on him since his power is not targetable).

Day 2 had more direction than day 1 when Ecks claim fell apart quickly. Not much more to be said.

On Night 2 Fenris decided to roleblock Sifright since IC outed his role, so everyone would know it was him when it happened. Then Vauron went to get rid of IC. Geminex also went after IC and was promptly killed by Gregness.

Day 3 was when Moogle went all badass with his role, since Sifright chose the one person he shouldn't have claimed against and that lead to them playing vote chicken until Vauron stepped in and closed the lynch (Man, I got dem rage PMs good).

Night 3 resulted Vauron and Gregness fighting to the death in an epic showdown while Fenris wandered off to douse Bahamutflare with pepper spray. This whole time Nikose was still protecting himself.

Day 4 was where Fenris capitalized on the shakiness of Bahamutflare's claim and managed to secure victory during the night by using both his roleblock and kill on Nikose to get past his defense (I didn't wait for Nikose's PM since it wouldn't have mattered).

Overall, I like how it went, though I was really torn about giving the scum 4 people instead of 3. I am disappointed that some roles never got into play (Sifright's felt like a running gag after Night 2).

For a final note:
DON'T TRUST FENRIS, DUMBASSES!
Aldurin is offline Add to Aldurin's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #214
rpgdemon
Not a Taco

rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

I'd also like to point out the blatant defamation of character.

In the first game I'd ever played, I called out the scum, and was dead because they were the majority because people were no good inactives.

In the game where I was SK, I managed to get the town to not lynch me, by saying I was SK but could turn good, and was very close to winning that one, but there was really no way out of it when I roleclaim SK.

In another game, we had a group of three people who were our own faction, with no kill power, and only one secret vote. We should have won that one, but we were misinformed about how our secret vote worked. We thought we had one one per round of voting, it was only one, ever. We ended up winning anyway though, by merit of the game being comprised entirely of neutral factions.

Quote:
RPG has total "I told you so" privileges.
Quote:
RPG still has total "I told you so" privileges.
rpgdemon is offline Add to rpgdemon's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #215
Moogle0119
The REAL Lord of the Dance

Moogle0119 is like one of those neat quartz stones you find at the beach.

Wow, I totally overlooked the whole pepperspray-cop connection. Either way, well played Fenris!
The fury of our maker's hand
What will you do?
Moogle0119 is offline Add to Moogle0119's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #216
Ecks
GHOST BOTTOMED DICK FACE

Ecks is the belle of the ball. Ecks is the belle of the ball. Ecks is the belle of the ball. Ecks is the belle of the ball. Ecks is the belle of the ball.
Send a message via AIM to Ecks Send a message via Skype™ to Ecks
mIrAcLeS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldurin View Post
DON'T TRUST FENRIS, DUMBASSES!
Sigged for posterity
Ecks is offline Add to Ecks's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #217
BahamutFlare
Troopa

BahamutFlare is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light. BahamutFlare is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light.

I was right on each time with my accusations. Ecks, Gem (for the wrong reasons), Sif, Fenris. My defense was spot on wasn't it? I wrote that whole big post explaining why Fenris was scum was so spot on and no one paid any attention to it. I'm limiting myself to one or two sentences next game.

Granted, town being a third of the population with a SK on the loose was unexpected. Holy cow.

Also, sorry Ecks, but you were giving me ammo I could use to prove I was mafia. I'll dissect anything to get some information whether it be used for defense and offense.

Fenris, when you said that you were really busy in RL, was that a tactic to lurk? Because I noticed that after you said that, you posted more often. Which made me suspicious early on.
BahamutFlare is offline Add to BahamutFlare's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #218
Geminex
SOM3WH3R3

Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Geminex slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay!

Good game, well played. I kinda think that 4 (potential) deaths per day was a bit much, but it defintely made for a pretty frantic game, and that was quite enjoyable! Nights seemed a bit long at times, but that was cool.

Bodyguards protecting themselves is such bullshit, but since scum had a roleblocker, it all worked out.

4 town to 8 town does seem a bit much, but eh. It ended up being pretty balanced in the end, so no cause for complaint.

I was quite pleased to get SK, but I'll have to keep my head lower next time.

And yeah, I think, from now on, we can just assume that Fen is always scum. Always.

Anyway, that was fun, thanks to earl for setting it up, and nicely done to everyone who played. I'd nominate Fenris for MVP for speaking up when it counted, and Sifright for second MVP for almost going through with his dastardly plan. And he would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that meddling Ecks.

So, who's next?

Edit:
Oh, and since I never got around to making my deathpost, here it is now:

<3 you, earl!
Geminex is offline Add to Geminex's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #219
BahamutFlare
Troopa

BahamutFlare is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light. BahamutFlare is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light.

It was a well made game though Aldurin. Congrats on your first one hosting. Good balancing for the most part.
BahamutFlare is offline Add to BahamutFlare's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #220
Aldurin
Lakitu

Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminex View Post
Nights seemed a bit long at times, but that was cool.
I literally cut every night short due to all potential actions coming in. Way to complain.
Aldurin is offline Add to Aldurin's Reputation   Reply With Quote